gtl-flyer-minis.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: TC65 Mini Cooper Sprints
Track: St Jovite North / Hockenheim Short / LimeRock Chicane
Conditions: 15.00 In-game Race Time
Practice: 19.30 GMT - 20 mins
Qualification: 19.50 GMT - 20 mins
Race: 20.10 GMT - 15 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins only

Entrylist:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Warren Dawes
  3. Richard Kay
  4. Dave Stephenson
  5. Ramon Van Rijn (tentative)
  6. Simon Bacon (tentative)
  7. Andrew Evans
  8. Steven Palmer (tentative)
  9. Amir Margalit (tentative)
  10. Knut Omdal Tveito (tentative)
  11. Hans Sneep
  12. Matt Crouch
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Driver
  30. Driver

I just had my first quick test for this event, I couldn't resist pulling the Mini out of the garage. :in-love:

Stuart, these are three top little tracks for the Mini, all with a few "challenges" to make it fun. That tiny little chicane at Limerock will be a hoot, the first couple of times I went through it I was on two wheels. :sinister:

Hope we get a good roll up, this should be fun, and certainly different to the GT40's from last week. The Mini is much easier to drive and everyone should be close. :good:

I couldn't resist pulling the Mini out of the garage. :in-love:
I hope that's not a euphemism. :dont-know:

Stuart, these are three top little tracks for the Mini, all with a few "challenges" to make it fun. That tiny little chicane at Limerock will be a hoot, the first couple of times I went through it I was on two wheels.

Limerock's always cool, and that chicane keeps it just that little bit different from the second half of the Mountain course which we've all driven in Evo a good few times now, so you need to keep switched on :good:

Hockenheim short is a criminally underused short course - I had a race there in testing where, even despite being bumped off circuit by the AI twice (costing me about 12 sec total), I spent 10 laps hunting down a Shelby GT350, and just finished 4 sec behind it.

The really pleasant surprise for me was the St Jovite North track - I didn't know there was a short version of that. I stumbled across it on No-Grip when looking at tracks with the right sort of laptime. Tested it and thought "this is really good". Had an offline race there to test it out with traffic - Back Of The Net!

I was going to recommend it to Evanso for the Evo Mini events, but couldn't find a version of it.

Hope we get a good roll up, this should be fun, and certainly different to the GT40's from last week. The Mini is much easier to drive and everyone should be close. :good:

The Evo minis always get a good turnout, and these are even better IMO, so these, the real Mini Coopers - and indeed the Abarths - will be staple components of the ongoing GTL Calendar. We're not talking every week, but definitely regular. We're in consolidation and build up mode at the moment, so I'm hoping this is going to be the first of many, and will be one to build upon.

We'll have one make / multi track sprint nights, 2 make / 1 track head to heads etc. with these wonderful little cars.

I certainly couldn't imagine the Cortinas or the Alfas being much faster round these 3 tracks, for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 195 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 379 28.3%