gtl-flyer-minis.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: TC65 Mini Cooper Sprints
Track: St Jovite North / Hockenheim Short / LimeRock Chicane
Conditions: 17.00 In-game Race Time
Practice: 19.00GMT / 20.00 UK / 21.00 Europe - 15 mins
Qualification: 19.15 GMT / 20.15 UK / 21.15 Europe - 5 mins
Race: 19.20 GMT / 20.20 UK / 21.20 Europe - 22 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins only

It's the same sort of time we ran Monaco, Nurb GP and Mullenbach, yeah, so there'll be some of the classic GTL low sun effect and shadow action, but as we're only on sprints, we probably won't be racing long enough for the sun to go down enough for lights to be a requirement.

First race after a week ,still learning to race the Mini used a setup from Warren
and did a good Quali. for me that is, within 2/3 sec from the rest only thing is the braking, went of in the downhill corner under braking and lost contact with the rest,lap times getting better but get a S/G for cutting (moor slipping off)
then a saw there are 22 laps to race and I got 17 laps of fuel (stupid me) pit in : no repair-no tyre's only fuel but I think I did something wrong ,the hole crew was working on my car,then there was 2 lap to go so I hit Esc. and watch the last laps from the pits ,great fight between Sam and Warren , a joy to watch.
Congrats Guys.

Don't sink I am ready for Le Mans but I will try for Saturday.

Hans

Well I must say that was a blast! Despite the quizzical looks from my wife this morning when I rose at 4:15 am, I’m really pleased I made the effort. This was the cleanest racing I have experienced at RD for ages. Thanks everyone.

Race 1: Had a really clean start and jumped one or two spots. I was experiencing some nice battles until I experienced some brain fade and started missing braking points. Impressive racing all round, especially the top three.

Race 2: Again, the start was looking promising but was quickly swamped by the more experienced racers. A brilliant battle between Knut, Andrew and I which saw loads of pressure and respect dished out as we cleanly made it around the track. Andrew found the wall into turn 2 (heavily by the look of it... you ok Andrew? Must’ve hurt!) and it was between Knut and I. Awesome racing continued until I went too wide at turn 1 again and received a Stop ‘n’ Go. I hit the pits and hit the confirm button, sat there for 10 seconds and went out again, thinking to myself, “I wish I read the pit menu...” Not being sure I had done the correct thing, I re-entered the pits and discovered that I had, in fact served my penalty.... So I hit esc to get rid of the pit menu. Lesson learned as I was sent back to the garage.

Race 3: Lost control first lap and binned it into the wall hard. Thanks Marc for waiting but I was already well and truly spinning, I don’t know if you even touched me. Suspension was well dead and steering was shocking so into the pits I went. My engineer was obviously impressed with my antics as he wave his booty at me for a full 2 minutes. Will try to post pics later but I am unable to open TGA’s for some reason.... (Anyone know a decent free program, I can’t even open them in GIMP!)

Thanks Andrew and Knut, and of course Stuart for the opportunity.

this one was one of the best racing nights i had in rd:drool:
close fair racing all the way.
1st racei forgot to choose a gear in the start and found my self last. then had a very very tuogh and fair race with andrew great driving there m8.
2nd race i just hate hocenheim so nothing to say .
3rd race was a great battle with warren all the way. in the end i was afraid do get a stop and go so tried to presure warren but he just wauldn't do any mistake. finished 2nd.
thank you all very much for a bueatiful race night. :thanks:

That was so much fun!

Didn't like the car very much for first race. But then I began playing wih it, doing som scandinavian flicks(with varying succes:)) and i started to like the car. You must have had lots of fun in this car Warren!

2nd race with Andrew and Cam was the highlight though. Amazing how much fun these minis bring to the table. Thanks to both of you and let's hope there's more of that to come:good:

Thanks RD and Stuart. 5 Euros coming your way:good:

This won't surprise anyone, but I had a ball. Any racing in the great ol' Mini is fun for me, I just love it, and in GTL it is sooooo close to my real Mini.
Brilliant track selection from Stuey, these were terrific fun and nicely suited to the Mini, especially St. Jovite and Limerock. These tracks also allowed very close racing, and it was a pleasure to see how close everyone was without touching. These GTL events deliver much better quality racing than GTRE, IMO.

Race 1: Qualy P2 just behind the flying Sam. As usual, fluffed the start and Stu and Cam slipped past. Stu seemed to make a big boo boo at the last hairpin, letting Cam and I through. I pestered Cam trying to put him under pressure, but he was driving well. I took emergency evasion to miss hitting Cam, so Nigel then jumped me. Finally, after many laps (and a mistake from Cam) I slipped into P2 but Sam had a big lead (for a Mini race). Slowly I managed to reel Sam in with a couple of laps to go, but I needed a mistake from Sam to get him. As we all know, Sam doesn't make mistakes and took the win.

Race 2: What a qualy session, I managed a superb lap (I thought) only to find Sam pipped me by 0.001 sec. Wow Sam, brilliant. Muffed another start, dropped to P4 again as Stu and Amir slipped by. I had some great racing with Stu and Amir, swapping spots, driving through turns side by side, fantastic stuff guys. Finally managed to squeeze into P2 with Amir hot my tail, but again Sam had a gap in the lead. I reduced the gap again (a little) but Consistent Sam was too good.
Race 3: Sam decided to take pity and let us fight it out without him. Pity, I'm sure he would have produced the hattrick of wins. This time I qualified P1 and managed a better start. But the race was a cracker of a battle with Amir. Amir was obviously quicker in the first half of the track, but I had the edge in the second half. I had two heart-stopping moments when I went onto two wheels at the chicane :eek: , but somehow got it back on all fours again. Screenshots to follow, but I'll bet others had similar (or worse) experiences there. Managed to hang on for the win with Amir hot my tail all race.

Special note re Stuart, what a hot hotlapper, he managed fastest lap times in two of the races (or was that all 3 ? ). All you need now is a little more luck and consistency, and you could be our Mini king pushing Sam off the pedestal.

Thanks to all who raced, I agree with earlier comments, some of the best racing at RD. :clap::handshake::cheer2:

EDIT: Great to see Cam dragging himself out of bed at these insane hours to join us too. :)

I had two heart-stopping moments when I went onto two wheels at the chicane :eek: , but somehow got it back on all fours again. Screenshots to follow, but I'll bet others had similar (or worse) experiences there.

This sure wakes you up in the wee hours of the morning. The heart is thumping now. The second shot was two laps later. :scared::bounce::madgrin:

Did I have some mates doing this? :party2:

Attachments

• Mini Limerock 1.JPG
    Mini Limerock 1.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 207
  • Mini Limerock 2.JPG
    Mini Limerock 2.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 206
  • Andrew Evans

quality evening of entertainment sirs....

a hard and memorable fight with amir at st. jovite... closely followed by another great battle with knut and cam at hockenheim... momentary lapse of concentration there meant my car bit off more tirewall than it could chew.... ho ho... finally, limerock with a chicane (!, why don't we have that in evo?!) four of us into the final turn in one of the early laps... thought we'd pulled it off too... alas, i saw a dustcloud spearing a-wards the barriers in my reaview... rolled it at the chicane and ended up retiring as i was getting lapped (and looking like a liability)....

wokka, cheers stuo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back