TC65 Mini Cooper S & Abarth 1000TCR @ Mondello - Thu 21st March 2013

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65 Mini Cooper S + Liveries ( DOWNLOAD ) & Abarth 1000 TCR (Download) + Required Soundpack (Download)
Track: MONDELLO PARK INTERNATIONAL 3.621 km

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 14 laps )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 (14 laps)

Note 1: Mini Cooper S (race 1) & Abarth 1000 TCR ( race 2)
Note 2: Only use the liveries with the cars please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4 : We run a superpole qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront
you don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action..

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Hans Sneep
  3. Senad Subasic
  4. Brian Harlow
  5. Warren Dawes
  6. Jack Smith
  7. Jacob Boonstra
  8. Roland Warmenhoven
  9. Knut Omdal Tveito
  10. Guus Verver
  11. Peter van Zanten
  12. Neil Gault
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

I had a lot of fun, I should join GTL events more often:)

It took me a lot of time to get used to the mini, something about fwd that I just really dont like. I had some nice battles with Jacob, nice driving! Congrats Warren, you were untouchable

The Abarth is just insanely fun to drive, especially around a tight track like this. In the race I spun in the 1st corner which made my race more fun because I had to catch all the way back up. I had a few scary moments because people braked a lot earlier than I expected, but luckily no contact. I got in 1st but then braked a little too hard in the quick right hander and spun, which let sneaky Knut who had been following me around all race by. Grats Knut.

Thanks everybody for racing and see you on tuesday :thumbsup:

Well i was really strugling tonight.. pc got a blue screen thats 3 nights on the trot only when i race..
hope i might of got that done as its been ok for the last 3 hours..:mad::) logitech fun

As far as the racing goes i had fun but a poor night for me.. i did not practice much at all and was well of the pace..
still lying in bed for most of the days... still cant sit for to long... i hate being sick.... i need a break for this..
feel groggy from the drugs when im awake i cant sleep later ...
but thats enough about me...

great track and a good couple of cars to let rip in. its a real good contrast with the 2 (even if i say it myself)
had some fun testing with strange results i was faster in the mini for ages and had the same times for a bit but the pocket rocket won in the end (TCR)
i may find a track one day that will make them equal you never know.. but its fun testing all the same..
i matched my mini time in the race but was about 3 seconds of my tcr time ...
there a tricky little thing but but good fun ...
there is a new TCr out that for the GTC tc 76 pack so ill be testing that real soon.. so more madness is on the way for sure

Congrats to podium guys :thumbsup:
Alien qually time from Guus. :alien: guess your getting to grips with gtl now... watch out Ross...

thanks to all for joining
Welcome to the Mini and Abarth fun Brain hope it didn't disappoint ..:)

Yep, Mondello is the ideal playground for these two little tykes.

Must be a blue moon tonight, I managed two good starts, yep didn't botch either of them. :rolleyes:

I always love throwing the Mini around Mondello, so after a good start allowed me to jump away early, I just had fun chucking the Mini into the corners the way only a Mini can. :D
Well done to Guus and Jacob for the podium, looks like you both had very close racing.

Race 2 in the Abarth was a different story for me. I just can't work out how to stop it without locking the brakes. In the end I kept reducing the brake pressure until I could stop it reasonably cleanly, but that meant very early braking was needed with about 86% brake pressure. So, I guess I was one of those Guus was referring to who were braking early. :redface:
I was a bit like Rupe, all through practice I couldn't beat my Mini times, so I knew I'd be off the pace. It was only in my last lap of practice that I managed a sub 2.0 min time, but through some fluke, I pulled out a 1.58 in Qualy, :confused: putting me next to Guus at the front, but still waaay off his times. Amazingly, I jumped Guus at the start and stole the lead after he spun off at turn 1. Meanwhile, Knut (the other alien during practice) started at the back. So I had a few laps out front, but due to a few mistakes (under brakes again :rolleyes: ), I found myself battling with Jacob and Roland. Just when I thought I had fended them off, suddenly Guus and Knut were all over my tail, appearing out of nowhere (a fair indication of our relative speeds :notworthy: ). Both Guus and Knut soon showed where the differences were, as they charged past under brakes, making me look silly. Sadly for Guus, he threw away the win on the last lap, but he had it in the bag ;) .
Grats to Knut for the win and well done to Guus for second.

Thanks for organising Rupe even though you couldn't fully enjoy your own event. I'm sure the rest of us had enough fun for you.

This racing night was a mixed bag for me, and the first half was a real horrorshow. For some strange reason it seemed like I'd completely forgotten how to drive a Mini.:confused:
I was slow in practice, qualified 2nd last, caused a turn 1 incident, and the only reason I finished 7th instead of last was that the guys behind had more offs than me. Because pace-wise, I had a hard time keeping up with anyone else..:(

I was tempted to just call it a night, for safety reasons too, but then decided to at least try the TCR for practice, as I remembered it to be much easier to drive than the default one and I couldn't do too much damage during practice...
And remarkably that went a LOT better, I had a pretty decent Q2 lap and started from 2nd row.
Keeping the car on track and Guus' L1 spin even got me up as far as 2nd in the race for a while, with Warren still in sight. Pretty soon however the two aliens behind us caught up at a rather demoralising rate, passed me and pretty soon left me in a void wondering what just happened.. :redface:
Near the end Neil was catching up behind me but I managed to end the race in 4th. Not bad at all after such a *cough* promising *cough* start of the night..

Grats to all guys on podiums and thanks! to all others, hope I wasn't too much of a pain.
Thanks Rupe for this event, hope you can make some good progress towards full recovery pretty soon...

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back