TC65 @ Lakeside - Thu 30th August 2012

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65
Track: Lakeside International Raceway ( Download )

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 20 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 20 laps)

Note1: Default skins only. ( Default list ).
Note2: Since the Simbin lobby is down we are still using the Altbierbude lobby. See here for information on how to switch lobby

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Knut Omdal Tveito
  2. Rupe Wilson
  3. Ian Strom
  4. Simon Bacon
  5. Hans Sneep
  6. Martin Vrba
  7. Rokas Charlapavicius
  8. Stuart Thomson
  9. Peter van Zanten
  10. Konstantin Paul
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Very enjoyable evening gents, thanks very much:) The Cortina, as ever, was an outstanding piece of kit.

Race 1 - benefitted from the random grid position, but had a bit of a tap through turn 1. Surprisingly I caught the pack up, and had a great tussle with Konstantin's Mustang. All over him through the corners and left for dead on the straight. With Knut hovering behind I went for broke into T1 late in the race - don't think my talent or tyres were up to it though, as I spun into the infield.:rolleyes:

Race 2 - finished 4th and at least kept consistent but a bit of a lonely race for me. Can't complain though.

Thanks to Knut, Stuart and the whole community for keeping GTL going, think it's my third time around and probably the most enjoyable:thumbsup:

Well after a break form racing i am back still a bit ring rusty but the fun factor has not vanished,
hello to all the new guys nice to race with you lot..
i took the big green jag for a spin , its good to roll the dice every so often and found myself with a clear track in front for the first race, ( you should of heard the squeals on t/speak), i love the randomness of a restart when it woks in your favor...but totally acceptable when the start goes wrong, i knew id struggle with this monster and was surprised how well it went ,,, i maybe driving the jag again some day..
i used to drive a S-type in my younger years and all the memories came flooding back,
I knew id soon be passed but that didn't matter i was in a JAG...
great fun with racing Hans as always, big vs small is always a blast.
the cars behind were getting closer every lap ( but the laps went fast )
As i crossed the line i let out a big whoop..( sorry i got a bit excited.)

the second race i had a blast in the cortina..( i took the brown one Senad hope i didn't let you down) this car is a blast to drive and was soon battling hard and coming up to speed. i made a great pass on Knut and Ian only to blow on the next bend.. hero to zero
then i think i was trying a bit hard.. sorry to Konstantin for the tap in the rear , i tried the same inside move that took me by knut but caught your rear end..totally my fault...
but still had good pace to race to the finish....

good banter on tspeak, great fun on the track...
thanks to all who raced and Knut and stuart for setting up some great racing...
its good to be back and will catch you all on track soon...

Very much a game of two halves for me.

R1 - loaded completely the wrong setup, and it felt like a really old one. Only 6 litres of fuel and the rear felt just plain weird - I thought I had some damage from a tap by Ian's Jag, but it was definitely the setup - all my own fault there. Ran out of fuel about halfway through and somewhere near the back as a consequence. Shame, as the little Mullenbach is a real hoot of a circuit.

R2 - got the right setup and it made such a difference. Surrounded by Alfas, Cortinas and muscle I knew to have any chance at all of a decent finish, I had to drive the wheels off the little Fiat. Got a great start, nipping in to 2nd by T1. Martin started disappearing into the the distance and I had Rokas on my back bumper in an Alfa, which as we all know totally outclasses an Abarth. To try and mitigate his advantages, I was having to brake later and later, make the tiny Fiat as wide as possible, plonk myself on the favoured lines and make any overtaking opportunity look as unappealing as possible. Unfortunately, this is a low percentage strategy, as it means I'm pushing the Fiat right to the edge, and sooner or later (sooner as it turned out) I was going to make a mistake as the Abarth started to degrade it's tyres. Once Rokas got past, the greater pace of the Alfa showed and he pulled away.

A quiet drive to the end for a distant 3rd.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back