TC65 @ Lakeside - Thu 30th August 2012

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65
Track: Lakeside International Raceway ( Download )

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 20 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 20 laps)

Note1: Default skins only. ( Default list ).
Note2: Since the Simbin lobby is down we are still using the Altbierbude lobby. See here for information on how to switch lobby

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Knut Omdal Tveito
  2. Rupe Wilson
  3. Ian Strom
  4. Simon Bacon
  5. Hans Sneep
  6. Martin Vrba
  7. Rokas Charlapavicius
  8. Stuart Thomson
  9. Peter van Zanten
  10. Konstantin Paul
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

This track is a bit of a leveller - but it doesn't look it from the layout initially. The twisty bits are very, very demanding. Any mistakes cost a shedload of time.

We've had Fiat 131's beating AC Cobra's round here, and Mini's being all over Mustangs.

Well, I had a little bash with Rupe last night round here and came to a few conclusions.

1. This RMI version feels more interesting than the previous one we used. The gradients, blind corners, bumpy surface etc all make it feel more challenging than the previous one. This is a good thing.

2. It still feels like it's a good leveller track - Rupe & I had some nice laps with a Mustang and a Cortina to-ing and fro-ing.

3. The car I was fastest in was the one I feared might have been compromised the most because of the new layout - so what the hell do I know? :O_o:

I wish I could make this one, but unfortunately :(.
Lakeside is almost a home track for me, not far from my home. I've even driven my old Cooper S around it many years ago :D . And yes, it's a track where almost any car can be competitive, I drove in a league race there once, driving a Mustang, and another driver in an Abarth snuck in front of me and I had a hell of a time beating him. Admittedly, he was a very good driver, but even the Abarth can be equal to the big guns. ;)

That was one hell of a club event for me. I mean my expectations were to not get more then 2 laps down from the leader and beat at least 1 car.

Race 1: Got completely carried away in qualifying and done more than one lap. Made no difference though as random grid situation pushed me from 2nd to 7th (that's sort of a penalty:D ). I managed to jump up to 4th at the start as there was few incidents at the front. Then in the first few laps got up to 2nd with few passes in the hairpin and stayed in 2nd for the last 16 laps or so as Martin was in his own league. But to my very big surprise I got fastest lap so atleast I won something today.

Race 2: Qualified 2nd again, but this time I got to start from it. Didn't had the greatest getaway (that's something to work on) and then spent half a race battling with Stuart (sort of, as I had to catch up twice after going slightly wide) until he went slightly wide in the first turn and I passed him while scrambling for traction. Then a drive home for second, again, miles behind Martin.

Congratulations to Martin as I said he was in his own league. Also well done to all the finishers. :thumbsup:

And of course a special thanks for Knut who helped me to get myself set up for this race. :) But I still have a few things to sort out before the next one.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back