TC65 - Jaguar Mk2 / Mk2 4.2 @ Riverside Layouts - Tue 27th Nov

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65 - Jaguar Mk2 (default + Skinpack) + Jaguar Mk2 4.2 (Download)
Track: Riverside (Download) - We are using the Nascar & CanAm layouts for these 2 races.

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (10 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 (10 laps)

Note 1: Race 1 - Nascar Circuit, Jaguar Mk2 Default // Race2 - CanAm Circuit, Jaguar Mk2 4.2
Note 2: Please install the Jaguar Mk2 skinpack (Download) for Race1 // Skins that came with the mod for Race2
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Simon Bacon
  3. Rupe Wilson
  4. Tim Ling
  5. Hans Sneep
  6. Ian Strom
  7. Warren Dawes
  8. Jack Smith
  9. Arnaldo da Anunciação Junior
  10. Carlos Diaz
  11. Jacob Boonstra
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

First things first@Roland Warmenhoven,sorry for the tap in the uphill corner my fault !!

Every once in a while we do a race on Riverside I get shivers running over my back!
O no not Riverside, lost count in the races where I killed my car on those rare half round black things sticking out of the ground! (had bad nights about them).

The Jag was never one of my favourite cars always try to avoid it until one evening before a race on Goldenport, together with Rupe on the server testing cars, all ready picket one car but not sure about the second,trying the Jag an slowly getting the hang of it an in race with 3 Jag's we had a fun race an that did change my mind about the Jag !:)

So the race, had a surprising good quali P3... an a surprising bad start the cars go by left an right (did not now there was so much room:( ) to make things worse I hit Roland an was dad last, but surprisingly I get over the finis line without having trouble, all do I take it easy in the first 2 corners of the Esses !

R2, 2.20.368 (my best time so far) was only good for P7 but this time my start was a good one an on p5 after the first lap,Tim in front an Jack behind me,the gap between Tim an me was between 2-3 seconds an no way to get any closer,bud Jack was slowly
getting closer always in the Esses, but I could take some distance in the CanAm part of the track,so this go on lap by lap until lap 9,spun in the uphill corner just between those black things ,lost 2 places an get home on p7, very mixed feelings lost p5 did a 1.19.7xx:D getting over the line again an having Big Fun (I think I like Jaaaags:confused: )

Thanks Stuart,good find this 4.2 ! Grats to all for a good race:thumbsup:

This was good fun, the cars are kind of different, but very good fun in their own right. Looking forward to their return on a more hard-work track.
Yeah, Roland really surprised me when he braked and how much - but that's down to me to manage, not him, so all my fault.
Devastated, was loving the 4.2 round there, and looking forward to a good close race.
I still need to apologise Stuart, for ruining your prospect of a good fun close race.:( Because it was just that, and you could've been there at the front...
TBH I don't feel that I'm an overly-early-braking driver, but the number of rear-end taps and spins I've received so far this season tells me I may need to reconsider... so
Tim Ling
How much would you charge me for that livery design of yours, as I could put it to good use::laugh:
ALFA%2520REAR.jpg

Hans Sneep
Apologies accepted, these things can happen.. I definitely did not brake over-early there though, and when it happened it didn't quite feel like a gentle tap, more like a dive-bomb... and you not waiting for me at first glance, p*ssed me off even worse:mad::mad: , so when a few laps down I had to brake for those concrete circles disguised as tyres I decided not to and just crashed my wounded Jag.
My first ever ragequit I think, dunno what got in to me, usually I'm a lot more relaxed...:redface:

Lucky for me I had some great fun after that in R2 with Warren and Carlos, so thanks everyone for racing, Grats Warren and Carlos and whoever made R1 podium, and Thank you Stuart for setting this one up; what can I say, just get the Pole next time :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back