TC65 - Jaguar Mk2 / Mk2 4.2 @ Riverside Layouts - Tue 27th Nov

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65 - Jaguar Mk2 (default + Skinpack) + Jaguar Mk2 4.2 (Download)
Track: Riverside (Download) - We are using the Nascar & CanAm layouts for these 2 races.

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (10 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 (10 laps)

Note 1: Race 1 - Nascar Circuit, Jaguar Mk2 Default // Race2 - CanAm Circuit, Jaguar Mk2 4.2
Note 2: Please install the Jaguar Mk2 skinpack (Download) for Race1 // Skins that came with the mod for Race2
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Simon Bacon
  3. Rupe Wilson
  4. Tim Ling
  5. Hans Sneep
  6. Ian Strom
  7. Warren Dawes
  8. Jack Smith
  9. Arnaldo da Anunciação Junior
  10. Carlos Diaz
  11. Jacob Boonstra
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Love that 4.2 Jaaaaaag!

Both races were quite fun. First race I had loads of fun chasing Tim down and eventually getting by him. 2nd race tried my best to get past Roland but it resulted in me giving him a tiny love tap so I backed off. Luckily he didn't spin or or anything when I hit him. A few laps later I see Roland in the sand and I go by but I slow and let him past since I owe him a few lol. Plus, that's not how I wanted to get by him.

Even with the tires of doom, I still love this track. And this new Jaaaaaag is surely one to drive again.

Was nice to be on TS for a change.

Thanks to Stu and Rupe for their efforts and to all that show up and drive.

I quite enjoyed this one, great to give the Jaaaaag a run on a track that suits it. Race 2 in the Jaaaaaag 4.2 was even better, this Jaaaaaag actually felt and sounded a bit sporty.
I assume we all donned our Chaffeur Caps and Tweed Jackets for this event. :cool:

Race 1 (Jaaaaaag MkII): QP2 behind Stu, settled behind him off the line, and spent the whole Race staring at his wide maroon bum. I did my best to keep him honest, but he always seemed to have things under control. Grats Stu, and WD to Carlos for P3.

Race 2 (Jaaaaaag 4.2): Thanks to Stu for advising which gear range to use, my first test with it was Qualy, and I went nearly 2.5 secs quicker and fluked Pole.
Roland (again) pulled one of his ninja starts and jumped to the lead. The first couple of laps were very tight between Roland, myself, Stu, and Carlos. Lap 2, at the tight left hander atop the hill, Stu spun off trying to avoid hitting Roland and found the tyres of doom. :( Carlos and I were having a right old ding dong battle, which forced me to push really hard, resulting in Carlos and I catching Roland. Catching Roland is one thing, passing is a whole different kettle of fish. After a few laps, Roland finally made a small mistake and let me sneak past, leaving Roland and Carlos to hopefully fight each other while I scampered away. However, Roland couldn't be shaken off, and kept up the pressure. Only on the last couple of laps did Roland and Carlos make mistakes which allowed me to take a comfy win. :) It's been a long time between drinks. ;)

WD to Roland and Carlos for the podium.

Great fun again, hopefully we see the Jaaaaaag 4.2 taken out of the garage again in the future.

Lap 2, at the tight left hander atop the hill, Stu spun off trying to avoid hitting Roland and found the tyres of doom.

Yeah, Roland really surprised me when he braked and how much - but that's down to me to manage, not him, so all my fault. After touching him at Abu Dhabi in the League, I wasn't about to do it again so I threw the car off to the inside to avoid him this time, but couldn't hold the slide once locked up. The Tyres of Champions bent the steering, took about 15mph off top speed and gave me an horrendous vibration on the strights, so I viking-funeralled it into the wall.

Devastated, was loving the 4.2 round there, and looking forward to a good close race.

As I was saying on TS, even though the Nascar was a bit long for the default Jag's gears, I chose it to give the 4.2 some sort of frame of reference so you could all feel the difference a bit easier.

The 4.2 will definitely be out and about again, as will the default Jag but somewhere a bit more...hectic. :sneaky:

With all of my Game Not Running issues I was just content to be online racing with the boys........for about 3 minutes and then.... I wanted to win.;) .

I never tweaked my replay line in my PLR file till after the race so replay of race did not save.
Hey, game back to normal thanks to Warren plus the others suppying helpful tips... thanks all. I still have a little of Pavlov's dog in me and I am a afraid of being bit again.

Got some setup info from Warren for the cars and away I went. In Race 1 I hit the tires of doom hard but did not kill the engine so I carried on to a finish.
Race 2 involved mostly chasing Hans, catching him, falling back, chasing, catching, falling back, chasing... you get the picture. Had a big smile on my face as we negotiated numerous high energy corners, with some tail wagging but without a mishap. Unfortunately for Hans, on the last lap as I was doing my best to pressure him he spun around on the uphill right hander just after the tires of doom mega trap. I was filled with mixed emotions....disappointment for Hans :( and feelings of euphoria, ecstasy, bliss, rapture, plus a brief out of body experience :D ...followed by disappointment for Hans :( . I was an emotional wreck, but I mangaed to hold position to the end dispite RD's newest staff member appearing ever closer in the mirror.

It does not matter if you are in 1st place or 6th place, everyone behind you.. wants you.

Thanks Stu and company for all the hard work. I don't know how you keep going but keep it up. WD podiums. Cheers to all and to all a good night...HO, HO, HO. These dam early Christmas advertisements are getting to me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back