TC65 Healey Sprite set @ Barnerwood raceway- Thu 7th March 2013

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65 - Austin Healey Sprite set ( Download )
Track: Barnerwood raceway - ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (24 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 (24 laps)

Note 1: We will be using both Healey's. Race1- 1098cc and Race 2- 1275cc+ the liveries from the download pack
Note 2: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 3 : We run a superpole qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront
you don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action..

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe wilson
  2. Jack Smith
  3. Paul Bennett
  4. Victor Karacharov
  5. Hans Sneep
  6. Brian Harlow
  7. Rene van Zijp
  8. Warren Dawes
  9. Stuart Thomson
  10. Roland Warmenhoven
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

So i spent most of the race sneezing and coughing and sweating .. not good at all..but i still had fun..

Sounds like you had a date with my sister.:rolleyes:

Lots of corners, cars, and cut tracks but still lots of fun. My only complaint is that I went off the track in both races during the first lap at the same second corner which put me way behind. However, it was fun trying to catch up and pass the drivers ahead of me.
I got bumped off the track at the chicane by Victor but he waited for me to return...thank you very much for that.:thumbsup:

Well done to Rupe for the event, cheers to all drivers..new, old and new and old.

Had a blast with Sprites, 1098 nice and stable with 1275 fast but could catch you out being a bit lighter. A good event overall only had one warning cut in both races, but I'm was never gonna be that fast to pick up any more than that anyway :D

Race 1: started ok but took a knock from Victor no waiting :( and +1 lap :rolleyes:

Race 2 : messed up on the qually locked up before chicane went a wobble, +3 laps :rolleyes:
was nice to say hello to you all on the way round, think I'm getting than hang of this back marking :thumbsup:

Welcome to the club Brian, I'm sure you will be sorted next time round at least I had a racing partner near me in race 2

Thanks RD for my 100 likes award so many to thank,:cry: welling up just thinking all the people I have to thank !!

I'll start with my parents ....................... some time much later :sleep:

Late to the party as usual, but it was a good nights' racing.:thumbsup:
The underpowered 1098 Sprite requires consistent driving and smooth lines, things I'm not really great at.:p
Still I managed a pretty good Q1 lap, started in 2nd behind Warren, but in R1 no way I could keep up with him or Stu and I had Rupe closing in pretty quickly.
But despite him being within a sec for quite some time, I could survive by just not making big mistakes until Rupe felt victim to not just flu, but to the track marshalls as well. Then had a lonely drive to the finish.

Mistakes are easily made on this track and since the marshalls around here are pretty anal about driving lines they will give you a cuttrack warning even for going off on the outside of the track after missing a corner. Which is a bit of a shame, as it killed a few nice battles.:(

The 1.1 Sprite, quite a different piece of art. Had big troubles staying in control of the car in P2 and R2 as well, spun a number of times, had to go in twice for Stop/Go penalties, and finished around 5th or so.
All-in-all it was good fun, but could have been even better if the marshalls would just relax a bit. Or maybe I just should have come better prepared and done some practice laps:D.

Anyways, Thanks Rupe for this one, get well soon, and thanks to all others for racing. And welcome Brian, I hope once you get familiar with the game you'll enjoy it as much as we do!:)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.2%