TC65 Healey Sprite set @ Barnerwood raceway- Thu 7th March 2013

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65 - Austin Healey Sprite set ( Download )
Track: Barnerwood raceway - ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (24 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 (24 laps)

Note 1: We will be using both Healey's. Race1- 1098cc and Race 2- 1275cc+ the liveries from the download pack
Note 2: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 3 : We run a superpole qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront
you don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action..

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe wilson
  2. Jack Smith
  3. Paul Bennett
  4. Victor Karacharov
  5. Hans Sneep
  6. Brian Harlow
  7. Rene van Zijp
  8. Warren Dawes
  9. Stuart Thomson
  10. Roland Warmenhoven
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

In case it helps anyone, I made a quick & dirty setup for Brian to try.
It's what I'll use, so maybe it works for others too. :unsure: Or until someone comes up with a better one.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/ah-sprite-setups.65750/
The Sprite is pretty stable overall, the 1098 especially as it doesn't have the torque to really break the rears free, so getting it somewhere predictable and consistent (which your setups certainly tend to, Warren) is perfect.

Well after a good night testing, I woke up this morning as felt like death and through the day it got worse...I went to bed and thought id be ok later .. but no.. still felt worse.. I think ive got flu or something.. So i spent most of the race sneezing and coughing and sweating .. not good at all..
but i still had fun..
We had a new guy racing tonight .. Brain.. after a few issues we got him in for the second race.. sorry to all if it caused a bit disruption...
But hopefully were through it now and next time we can have a better start to the night..
But welcome Brian and hope you enjoy our little club and look forward to racing with you again..
dont worry youl will soon be up to speed and enjoying it more.. just shout if there anything else you need.. we can always drop on T/speak to help out..

A very interesting couple of races.
It's hard to imagine that the same track and almost the same car (except for a slightly bigger engine) could be so different. Race 2 was waaaaay more tricky than race 1. :O_o:
The track did have it's demons though, especially avoiding the dreaded cut track warnings. :devilish:

Race 1 in the 1098 was really nice, the car was pretty stable and flowed the track pretty well. I had a good race with Stuart but he was always comfy and in control, he even slowed up towards the end to orchestrate a very close finish, I think. Grats Stu. :thumbsup:

Race 2 in the 1275 was very tricky. The car was much more of a handful, making the cut track warnings deadly. During practice I was collecting cut tracks like Jack's sister collects fan mail. So I was very careful during the race and managed to avoid them. Unfortunately, most of the other drivers were getting stop n go's, so there wasn't much close racing.
I had plenty of excitement though, dodging spinning cars that kept appearing in front or re-appearing from the grass back on track but out of control. :p

Thanks to Rupe for organising, and to all who joined us.
Special welcome to Brian, having his first outing, you sure had a lot to deal with and not much time to learn. Rest assured, it will get much easier after a couple of races, especially when you get everything setup and become familiar with the screens and processes. Then you can concentrate on the driving and learning to love these old classic cars. ;)

Rupe, I hope you get over that nasty wog quickly.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back