TC65 @ Goldenport - Thu 8th November 2012

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65
Track: Goldenport Motor Park ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 16 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 ( 16 laps)

Note 1: Default Cars and Skins Only ( Default list ).
Note 2: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Knut Omdal Tveito
  2. Kjell Eilertsen
  3. Rupe Wilson
  4. Paul Bennett
  5. Rokas Charlapavicius
  6. Stuart Thomson
  7. Ian Strom
  8. Hans Sneep
  9. Ondrej Kapal
  10. Bram Hengeveld
  11. Bob Hutchins
  12. Jack Smith
  13. Roland Warmenhoven
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Senad Subasic
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

What yesterday proved again for me is that game developers should break with the current trend of balancing the performance of all cars (like in RACE 07) as the TC65 showed once again that it doesn't really matter if a car has better cornering or straight line speed, you will still be able to have a close fight anyway.

Thoroughly enjoyed racing behind the Alfa GTA of Roland with my microscopic small Abarth and still manage to have a great fight.

And how the club event is set up. The track had enough tighter corners to slow the fastest cars down enough to give the more nimble cars the opportunity to attack..the bigger cars didn't shut the door half way through the corner or then pushed you into the verge on the outside..( this is club racing) so if you were brave enough the opportunities were there for some great racing..:)

And how the club event is set up. The track had enough tighter corners to slow the fastest cars down enough to give the more nimble cars the opportunity to attack..the bigger cars didn't shut the door half way through the corner or then pushed you into the verge on the outside..( this is club racing) so if you were brave enough the opportunities were there for some great racing..:)
Exactly.

Me & Roland also had some blinding racing in Mustang & Alfa respectively. All I did in the Stang was try and hit every apex very tight, give Roland all the room he wanted, but the long way round the outside, and then back the Stang to prevail in the drag race between the corners. I always went in tight very early so as not to cut him off (or at least tried to) and allow him enough time to adjust to the wide route if he fancied it.

Very, very different ways of navigating the track, but very close time-wise. We've seen similar results from disparate car types in the Zolder/Killarney/R1 events recently.

It's the "how" - not just the "how long"

Exactly.

Me & Roland also had some blinding racing in Mustang & Alfa respectively. All I did in the Stang was try and hit every apex very tight, give Roland all the room he wanted, but the long way round the outside, and then back the Stang to prevail in the drag race between the corners. I always went in tight very early so as not to cut him off (or at least tried to) and allow him enough time to adjust to the wide route if he fancied it.

Very, very different ways of navigating the track, but very close time-wise. We've seen similar results from disparate car types in the Zolder/Killarney/R1 events recently.

It's the "how" - not just the "how long"
Abso-friggin'-lutely awesome race that was. First, there were a few laps of great close battling for the lead with Bram's Abarth, who clearly had no interest in 2nd place. Good stuff, but that way we kept eachother SO very busy that Stuart could take over the lead in his Mustang.
Me and Bram then went into hot pursuit mode then, and although we managed to catch up with Stuart, Bob will be pleased to know that Stuart gave me quite a dose of my own medicine:laugh:.
That Stang is wide AND quick once you get the loud pedal down, and had a driver with a master's degree in defensive driving;) so I had plenty of time to get a good look at the back of the Stang from almost every angle:)
Very good, very close yet very clean racing. After a silly spin of mine Stu even waited though I was pretty sure he didn't even touch my car! This way Bram came out on top again and made his little Abarth wide enough to claim 1st race victory.

For race 2 I planned to try the FWD Mini, but then a little Real-Life issue forced me to bail out. Apologies to everyone not on Teamspeak for leaving without properly saying bye, I hope you guys had a good one.

Thanks all for a great race, TC-65 never fails us there:thumbsup:
Awesome track too, I was a bit hesitant about jumping in last minute without practice, but this one was pretty easy to memorize, yet pretty challenging for all cars, and pretty pretty too!
Thanks Knut and Stu for keeping this Club so attractive! CYA next time

Wednesday evening on the server with Rupe for testing an car choice,first time on this track,(fore all of us I think) first car the Cortina needed to learn the track so after a lap or 10 had a feeling with it ,the last corner before the strait is amazing trying to hold on the speed just :cool:.
Then trying some other cars, first the Mustang bud not fast for my (style lol ) than Rupe say Jag ok Jag then can't remember when I drove it (nice dash !) about that dash I started driving cockpit few early this year an I love it, second a new wheel G27 (thanks to Bram ) best thing I have don! we found a good setup online an of we go not easy but Fun to drive,so choice was made !

R1 bad Quali going of so start on p11(Knut did no Q) had a great race with the 3 Jag's managed to get the lead of that pack bud halfway race get distracted an missed my braking point in the first corner so off an the Jag's passing by in the rest of the race could close in bud a second mistake send me back at the field an fin on p11,bud wat a great fun it was !:)

R2 Cortina had a great Quali p4 (it only scare me on this place) wat to do ? not making mistake's in the first or second corner, go easy, bud then the guys go blasting by,well better so than off,so did start easy an the guys game blasting by bud hold the car on track an was in the mid pack holding of Knut in the Abarth, having some trouble bud could return,I loved every min, with the Cortina (SU from Sam!) fin on p7 bud driving over the line with a big:D !
Thanks Knut!! an all the guys for a great night Racing !!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%