TC65 @ Goldenport - Thu 8th November 2012

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65
Track: Goldenport Motor Park ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 16 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 ( 16 laps)

Note 1: Default Cars and Skins Only ( Default list ).
Note 2: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Knut Omdal Tveito
  2. Kjell Eilertsen
  3. Rupe Wilson
  4. Paul Bennett
  5. Rokas Charlapavicius
  6. Stuart Thomson
  7. Ian Strom
  8. Hans Sneep
  9. Ondrej Kapal
  10. Bram Hengeveld
  11. Bob Hutchins
  12. Jack Smith
  13. Roland Warmenhoven
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Senad Subasic
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

I'm in

Guys, I just ruined round 5 of the current league for Warren and Jacob due to some lag I'm having. I just got done reconnecting my old modem and I'm using another ISP. I need you guys to tell me if you see any kind of lag from me.

Thanks in advance for your help:thumbsup:

Ill be on the sever tonight for some testing working on my JAG :)

This was a suggestion for GTR2 and I did notice a difference in online game play

We suggest all clients to change the option "ADD NEW CARS" to "Always" (see in "OPTIONS/ADVANCED/MULTIPLAYER"), also to choose "ISDN" connection in the Online Lobby.

and ive used this for GTL well at least the ISDN connection and have now also changed to the always
dont know if its all aplicable...

There's also this thread that does seem to work in race 07 and GTR2
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/online-bump-shooting-car-into-distance.31926/
Also heard it can reduce the effects when hitting a car that may have lag issues...

Maybe someone can comment on the above if they have a better understanding of this..:)

So, here are my ups (yes, ups this time) and downs...

Qualifying 1: I had a stunning lap and came up 3rd.

Race 1: I was extremely careful, desperately trying NOT to spin or get involved on the first lap incident and I finally made it through, although my "care" did cost me a few spots. Eventually I settled in behind Kjell and watched his Alfa in the early laps and I was running in 5th for the majority of the race. That was the case until laps 12 and 13 when all hell broke loose. At the end of lap 12 I passed Knut and Stuart who both were coasting in the dust and then in the middle of lap 13 Kjell overshot the hairpin, so went from 5th to 2nd in roughly half a lap. After that there was not many laps to go, so I did finished in 2nd. This was my first ever podium using a wheel in what was my only fifth :cautious: race attempt with it. :)

Qualifying 2: I tried a different strategy this time and went out early. This turned out to be a mistake as I got stuck behind Paul at the end of the lap, but I'm pretty sure that he was also doing a fast lap, so it was circumstances playing their part. This cost me a few tenths (I got 5th place eventually), but I knew that there was a long race ahead...

Race 2: ...and indeed it was (all 16 laps of it :p ). At the beginning I had a much much better start and first lap, so I found myself behind Stuart and Rupe early on (judging by the the names that was pretty close up front :D) with Knut closing in rapidly. Early on I just let Knut go through so that he wouldn't bother me :D. Then a few laps later Rupe dropped to the back of that group, so I had a "trading paint" battle with him for a short while. Eventually, I overshot the hairpin and left the group. After recovering I found myself in the battle with Kjell (again), but this time I was in front. That wasn't for long though as I locked up in the first turn and was hit by him. He most likely had nowhere to go. Then a stupid move from myself as I came on right back on the racing line and was hit by Hans, maybe? (damn it's getting late, can't remember them all) Anyway, whoever you were - I'm sorry. After this I just cruised home just behind the small mid-group, somewhere in the midfield.

All in all - what a wicked evening and a great first podium (using the wheel, of course). Hope you all enjoyed it, I certainly did.

Thank you all for having me and till' we meet again...

Rokas

Hi all
Good session tonight all good clean fun !

Race 1: The Alfa which was quick but felt light in the corners, 3/4 way keep losing it when braking for corners seemed be locking up ?
+ 2 laps I wish you would give a wave when going past :)

Race 2 : The Cortina was more stable kept up with pack for few laps.
+1 lap but only passed out by top 3 I think :thumbsup:

Still getting to grips with pro settings and Logitech DFGT wheel, without clutch I don't seem to get much engine braking. what wheels are you guys using ?

what wheels are you guys using ?

G27 with Warren's setup for FFB.

Alfa Race 1 and Cortina Race 2. Both nice cars to grab at the last minute because they are well balanced for this kind of twisty track. I used a last minute gear ratio change from Roland which helped a lot...I was a bit unfarmilar with it at first and had a couple scary down shifting moments. I had a lot of exciting minutes in both races and finished 5th and 3rd...a rare treat. Almost landed a second place in the second race. As I was trying to catch Bram, he had an off on a corner near the end of the last lap and I blew my little window of opportunity by going off wide as I noticed his demise. I lost focus for a split second and he was back on track while I drove through speed -sucking sand. Wd done to Hans for a fastest lap in Race 2. Another great event to be a part of. Thanks Knut for organizing and cheers to all drivers. Wd Bram and Bob for first places.

Still getting to grips with pro settings and Logitech DFGT wheel, without clutch I don't seem to get much engine braking. what wheels are you guys using ?
I'm using a Fanatec GT3 with the Clubsport Pedals, didn't try engine breaking though, is it a viable technique in racing? I thought it wasn't used in racing at all ><
This race gave me such an adrenaline rush, haven't felt that from a game for years! ^^
I'll be back for more haha.

This race gave me such an adrenaline rush, haven't felt that from a game for years! ^^
I'll be back for more haha.

I autocross and occasionally track my MX-5 in real life and my wife doesn't believe me when I tell her that my hands shake and my heart feels like it's going to break right through my rib cage when I'm in a tight battle in GTL, and that it never happens tracking and autocrossing lol.

I guess it's the competition and the idea that you can crash into the other guy and mess up his race, it adds a sense of danger and puts you on the edge.

Or maybe I'm just nuts :O_o:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back