Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyertc65.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPT.COM TC65
Class: TC65 full + Lotus Elite
Track: St. Jovite GP
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 14 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: You must choose a different car for each race
Note3: Check the tracking thread here to see which cars you are allowed to choose from
Note4: The Sprint Pack and the Elite Skin Pack will be used - Please download and install.

Entrylist:
  1. Stuart Thomson - Lotus Elite + Lotus Cortina
  2. Tom Wilson - Ford Falcon + Lotus Cortina
  3. Amir Margalit - Ford Falcon + Lotus Cortina
  4. Carlos Diaz - Ford Falcon + Lotus Cortina
  5. Arne Oestlund - Mini Cooper + Abarth 1000TC
  6. Knut Omdal Tveito - Mini Cooper + Alfa GTA
  7. Sam J Simpson - Abarth 1000TC + Ford Mustang
  8. Steven Palmer - Ford Falcon + Lotus Elite
  9. Hans Sneep - Ford Mustang + Mini Cooper
  10. David Cuthill - Mini Cooper + Lotus Cortina
  11. Glenn Morris - Ford Falcon + Mini Cooper
  12. Marty Pierce - Mini Cooper + Lotus Cortina
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Warren Dawes - Mini Cooper + Jaguar MkII

• Arne Oestlund

I have never played online before, but is eager to try. I have some questions before I sign up.
1) How do I login from GT-legends, i.e. how do I do and how does it work?
2) Is a 8Mbit connection enough to play?
3) Wich time do the race start?

I have never played online before, but is eager to try. I have some questions before I sign up.
1) How do I login from GT-legends, i.e. how do I do and how does it work?
2) Is a 8Mbit connection enough to play?
3) Wich time do the race start?

Hi Arne:)

1) There has been a problem with the lobby so you need the "lobby fix". Just follow the steps in this guide: http://forum.racedepartment.com/gt-legends/24625-gtl-new-lobby-fix-definitive-rd-guide.html

2) 8Mbit should be more than enough. My network is much slower, but still works with GTL.

3) Practice starts at 2100 swedish/norwegian time:) In the first post of this thread you can see how long the practice/qualification/race lasts:
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 14 laps

Hi Arne, you will also need to make sure you've done the following to avoid any clashes:

1. Do the "Purchase all vehicles" cheat - http://forum.racedepartment.com/gt-legends/1368-how-unlock-all-cars.html

2. Download and install the mod cars we use (although not needed for this particular event) http://forum.racedepartment.com/gt-legends/18458-tracks-cars-numbers-mods-reference-listing.html Got to the bottom of the page, the green text is links.

3. Download and install all the RD skinpacks:
http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads/gtl-skins/23/rdhgp-s4-skinpack-v1-0-1769/
http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads/gtl-skins/23/rd-sprintpack-repacked-1712/
http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads/gtl-skins/23/lotus-elite-skin-pack-repacked-1711/

Hi Arne:)

1) There has been a problem with the lobby so you need the "lobby fix". Just follow the steps in this guide: http://forum.racedepartment.com/gt-legends/24625-gtl-new-lobby-fix-definitive-rd-guide.html

2) 8Mbit should be more than enough. My network is much slower, but still works with GTL.

3) Practice starts at 2100 swedish/norwegian time:) In the first post of this thread you can see how long the practice/qualification/race lasts:

• Arne Oestlund

Now one problem has occured. I managed to register and login a first time. But when I tried to login after a while off from racing I got an error message saying: "Login failed: General Error".

What do I do wrong?

Hmmm, not sure.

You might want to check that your PLR file has the correct online name and password in it.

It may be that your PLR file has been set to "read only" so it can't be updated with the correct username & password for the lobby.

• Arne Oestlund

Hmmm, not sure.

You might want to check that your PLR file has the correct online name and password in it.

It may be that your PLR file has been set to "read only" so it can't be updated with the correct username & password for the lobby.

Ok! I have found my PLR-file. My name and password is correct, but there is a line

Online Server="GTL_SERVER.txt"

Is that right??

Assuming you followed the new lobby thread properly, and created the "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.TXT " in the GTL folder, then that is correct.

One of our other members had a similar thing, and it was down to a typo on the username password thing at registration time.

He cleared it by registering again, so after you've checked the LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.TXT file, and it looks right, you can try and register again with a new username and password.

• Arne Oestlund

Assuming you followed the new lobby thread properly, and created the "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.TXT " in the GTL folder, then that is correct.

One of our other members had a similar thing, and it was down to a typo on the username password thing at registration time.

He cleared it by registering again, so after you've checked the LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.TXT file, and it looks right, you can try and register again with a new username and password.

I tried to do as you said. I created a new account, and at the moment it works.

Thank you very much.

Ok now I want to participate in the race.

Race 1 Alfa GTA
Race 2 Mustang

Glad to hear it Arne, but there is one issue - you cannot pick the Alfa.

This is an ongoing series of races, where each driver has to drive every TC65 car + the Lotus Elite. We have already done 2 races in this series, @ Le Mas Du Clos, so we have used 2 cars each.

As you missed the first 2 races in this series, and to keep it fair so you don't effectively get 2 extra choices, the rule is that I remove 2 cars - the fastest and the slowest available - from the field for your choice.

That's the Jaguar (slowest) and the Alfa (quickest). The Mustang is fine, so please choose again for Race 1.

• Arne Oestlund

Glad to hear it Arne, but there is one issue - you cannot pick the Alfa.

This is an ongoing series of races, where each driver has to drive every TC65 car + the Lotus Elite. We have already done 2 races in this series, @ Le Mas Du Clos, so we have used 2 cars each.

As you missed the first 2 races in this series, and to keep it fair so you don't effectively get 2 extra choices, the rule is that I remove 2 cars - the fastest and the slowest available - from the field for your choice.

That's the Jaguar (slowest) and the Alfa (quickest). The Mustang is fine, so please choose again for Race 1.

:bad:That's sad to hear as the Alfa is my GTL favourite car. But I don't think I'm going to win anyway.:loser: I'm glad if I don't end last in each race. Hmm, ... either the Mini or the Cortina. :struggle:Lets roll the dice. I will try the Mini Cooper for race one. It's the only car I have won a platinum cup with: "Battle of the Minis". Then I will have the Cortina for another race another day.

Question. On Thursday, is it just to log in on Multiplayer and then there will be the choice of this race, Click on it and give the password??

:bad:That's sad to hear as the Alfa is my GTL favourite car. But I don't think I'm going to win anyway.:loser: I'm glad if I don't end last in each race.
Don't worry about it Arne - these Club races are for the racing, not necessarily the winning.

I've had brilliant races where I've been in midfield or near the back, and thoroughly boring races where I've won.

Pretty much everyone will have similar tales to tell like that. People who only turn up to win, and don't enjoy a race if they aren't winning, are not the sort of people I want in the GTL Club.

• Arne Oestlund

Don't worry about it Arne - these Club races are for the racing, not necessarily the winning.

I've had brilliant races where I've been in midfield or near the back, and thoroughly boring races where I've won.

Pretty much everyone will have similar tales to tell like that. People who only turn up to win, and don't enjoy a race if they aren't winning, are not the sort of people I want in the GTL Club.

When racing live, I only race for the fun. When racing against the AI machine at my PC I race for winning. I only do this because of the fun, and to play against real humans with their inpredictability. So if I win, thats just bonus. If I'm coming last, well doesn't matter. I just want to have fun.

In the first race it will be interestng to see what a tiny Cooper can do against a muscle moster like the Sprint. In the second race I have the muscle monster against the fine raced Cortinas. Hmm, I'm going to like this. I hope everything with the connection and so will work. :fwd:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 83 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 66 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.2%