The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyertc65.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPT.COM TC65
Class: TC65 full + Lotus Elite
Track: Goodwood
Start Time: 20.00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 18 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: You must choose a different car for each race
Note3: Check the tracking thread here to see which cars you are allowed to choose from
Note4: The Sprint Pack and the Elite Skin Pack will be used - Please download and install.

• Arne Oestlund

Sigh! What a disappointment. I came in this time, but after the qualy I was so tremendously nervous thatI had to visit the WC. I mentioned that when you voted to continue. And when I was back I was DQ. :(

But better luck on Thursday

Great night.
First race i drive the Mini.
I qual for 5th position not so bad
I finish the first race on 4th.Could be better but two big mistakes and loose position.I have some great side to side very clean battle.
Second race i drive the Abarth.
This car is not for me small and i cannot setup this little car.
Qual on 8th
Finish the race on 7th and i have copoule mistakes on this same places :D.
THX for tonight race great fun and plesaure to be here :)

Arne unlucky :(

Shame because the races tonight were a hoot, I even managed some 2 wheel action and some rolls :)

Cheers Stu for the 1st race laughs. :good:

Great pace from Sam tonight and Well Done on the podium Hans in Race 2

Thx to all those who turned out

Arne, what's the "WC"?

The nerves will get calmer and calmer and by your 3rd or 4th outing with us you will be fine. Unless you get into a battle with someone and then the nerves will bite you again.

Race Report:
I sucked!! I didn't practice for this track cuz it looked "simple" in the pic of the layout. BIG MISTAKE :lol:.
I was more of a moving road block than anything else out there today.

And that JaaaaaaG!! OMG what a boat that thing is. For the first time ever I crashed during qualy, and then I went off-roading as soon as the light turned green, I think I was being distracted by the wonderful grain and finish of the lovely wooden dash. What luxury.:lol:

I had a hard time adjusting to the Abarth after "navigating" the Jaaaaaag. I ended up missing my breaking point and spinning out several times.

Oh well, I still got to race with you guys and that's good enough for me :good:

Some real laugh out loud moments during these.

Race 1: Didn't expect much from the having the Elite against the rest of the field but once we got under way I was soon having a good time against Steve & Stu - closely following the antics of a Jaaaaaag is a real hoot. Swapping places all the way until they had an incident half-way through the race. All quiet after that, coming in a surprising 5th but only due to others misfortune.

Race 2: Was hoping for a good one with all the other Abarth in this race but seemed to have the legs over the other as I quickly pulled away into 4th. Hans made a mistake up ahead and I got in front for a bit but he was soon on my case with his Cortina. Heading two abreast into a tight corner and I got too high onto the bumps putting me on two wheels and then into a spectacular pirouette for a DNF.

Good fun as always.

• Arne Oestlund

Sorry Arne - I honestly didn't see that - my apologies

I know how it is. My message was drowned by 10 others. I had some nice laps of my own practicing earlier today and it was a great track Stu. I think I would have been competative with the battleship, even though I didn't beat your best times I learned how to run the Falcon round the track without too much lawn mower movement.

I'm very glad I came in this time. I think I know what went wrong last time at St Jovite's when GTL kept terminate my login procedure. I think the Elites sprint pack was erroneously installed. I have reinstalled it now and it seems to work much better.

Yet another first class event in these Classic cars. Goodwood is a great track, more tricky than you expect, you have to maintain momentum here which makes some of the turns more demanding than they look.

Race 1, Cortina:
Qualified P2 behind Sam, but this time I was hopeful of blitzing him off the line, knowing how hard the Mini is to get going. I got the jump from the start and took the lead, with Hans tagged on to my bumper. I knew it would be inevitable that Sam ( and maybe more Mini's) would be flying, so I hoped that Hans would be able to hold them at bay while I built a slight lead. For a few laps, Hans did a sterling job, keeping the Mini's behind him, but I couldn't get away from Hans who was flying too. :smile-big: Hans then spun off, which was the cue for Sam and Tom to climb all over me. It was my turn to be hounded by Mini's, and Sam sneaked by down the back straight, but I managed to fend off Tom. About half race distance, I watched Sam go grass cutting at the tricky left hander, but I was so mesmerised that I also spun off :hypnotized: , dropping back to P4. I passed Piotrek when he went wide, and then caught Tom over the closing laps, resulting in us having a great battle to the line. I slipped into P2 by a few tenths, but it was a top race with Tom. :handshake:
Grats to Sam, just too consistently quick.

Race 2, Abarth: A much tougher assignment with this little buzz box, but there were plenty of other buzzing bees to fight with. Qualified P6, and managed to blow past Stu's Mni off the line ( well most of did actually :wink: ). That didn't last long and soon Stuart wound the Mini up and cruised past while I was peddling furiously. I passed David when he performed his spectacular "two and a half with pike" over the wall :eek:. Tom disappeared at some stage, giving me P4, and I kept it together to close up to Hans towards the end. I did my best to make Hans sweat for his podium spot, but he held up very well, well done Hans :good: .
Grats to Sam for his second win and WD Stu for second.

Thanks Stu and all who raced, really looking forward to our final in this series at Bathurst, especially since I have some muscle cars left for that long run up and down the mountain. :aus:

I was working until 9pm yesterday and just managed a couple of practice laps in the Jaaaaaag.

Race 1:
Lots of silly driving. I was really tired so I decided to cruise along in my own pace. Even did a pitstop to turn on some music:D Perfect song for this car:

I really enjoyed it though, especially 3-wheeling through the last chicane. I had to quit before the race ended to get some rest before the Abarth

Race 2:
Abarth in this race. Dug up an old setup for this car which worked perfectly for this track. Felt like a Gokart round here.

Thanks Stuart for setting this up:good:

2 good races last night, I have to admit I've done, literally, hundreds of laps in GTL, in all classes and cars, round Goodwood because of racing in the "Revival" meetings at GBsimracing so I may have had just a small advantage over some. I did a few laps to get re-aquainted with the track in the afternoon and managed to set PBs in both cars then when I got on the server I promtly beat those times again which surprised me no end.

Race 1 in the Mini was a hoot in the early laps as I tried my damnedest to get past Hans in his flying Alfa with Tom hassling me closely in his Mini, got past both Hans, because of a tiny mistake from him, and Warren in the 'tina then promptly threw it at the scenery through St Mary's chicane, thank god for FWD, it enabled me to keep it pointed in the right direction at least, I thought that Warren would have got through but he had been hypnotised into following me off, got back on just in front of Tom and managed to get back into a rhythm that took me to the win.

Race 2 in the Cortina was basicly a rinse and repeat job, although if Tom hadn't had to leave I recon he would have given me a hard time in the 'Stang as I'd had to make a do or die pass on him and I wasn't getting away from him once past, excellent driving Tom, especially considering you're on a GamePad, sorry you had to go.

Great fun as always, WD to Hans on his podium, I think it probably would have been 2 if you hadn't had that one little faux pas in the Alfa, thanks to both the drivers' attitudes and the excellent Admin for the joy.

Sam

Sorry I had to vanish last night - I was gutted but unfortunately something came up that I couldn't ignore. I was flying in that Mustang and was really hoping to pass Sam, but that's life a guess....there is always another race.

Overall it was a great evening for me, the contrast between the Mini, which was on rails and the Ocean going Mustang was fabulous. I really enjoyed being able to pick up the inside front wheel coming out of that last chicane in the 'stang.

I think that was a perfect evening of racing too - great track and cars and a good grid, i'm just annoyed I had to bail.

WD Sam for the double race win, you drove excellently.

Thanks Stu for a great racing yet again.

First some reflections from the last league on Zolder ,
the positive side I was only 1-1.5 sec. back on Carlos an Tom.
The race was a big disaster,I had a moment to set the car back in the pits bud that is not my style, after finish the race put down my computer and go walking with my dog for a halve hour,to clear my mind.

When I game back I fire up GTL again and went to Goodwood taking the Alfa out my garage for a spin after a lap or ten I was sitting with a big smile on my face knowing why I love GTL.

First race with the Alfa:
To my big surprise , in practice go under 1.30 Quali in third place behind Warren and Sam,flag drops and off we go a bid faster then Sam so on the back of Warren ( nervous as hell) not used to drive in the pack, after 3 or 4 laps Warren take some distance and Sam was all over me, I make a mistake just before the chicane put me in the gravel so back to 7 pl.after that the nerves are gone and start caching Stuart an David I have a moment again in the chicane to close on David braking hard an slips off,David Stuart an Steven had a nice fight an some trouble so I was back on place 7 and finish there ,again with a big smile on my face!

some pics of the race:
Warren-Hans-Sam1.jpg
Sam not this time-2.jpg
Hans-Tom-Sam-3.jpg
I am off-4.jpg
Steven on my tail-5.jpg
Steven slide Stu no way to go-6.jpg
Piotrek go by Warren-7.jpg
Stu 180-back to 7th-8.jpg
Sam victory--9.jpg
Warren2-Piotrek3-10.jpg

Race two was even more amazing,again Quali in third spot with the Cortina ,
Tom in the Mustang and Sam in the Cortina driving slowly a way from me and Stuart closing in on me and past me fast so place 4 ,after some laps on my pitboard place 3? Tom was out (no now why) So only one thing on my mind to keep place 3 (that is wrong) spin direct out of the corner ,luckily I had enough time so stay on place 3 and finish there I was more than happy
with this result and to restore my self a bid,

Thanks guys for a perfect race evening with you all,and Stuart for putting this up just in time for me!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back