TC65 @ Empoli - Thursday 7th February 2013

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65 Default cars and liveries only
Track: Empoli ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (10 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 (10 laps)

Note 1: You must drive a different Car in each race. And only use default liveries
Note 2: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 3: We run a super pole qually. This is 1 attempt only at a single flying lap ( 1x outlap from the pits and then your qually lap) if you mess up you dont get to start from the pits for a second chance. You get 10 min's to make your qually lap, so pick an appropriate gap in the traffic to go out and set a fast lap..

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Paul Bennett
  3. Hans Sneep
  4. Rui F. Martins
  5. Neil Gault
  6. Bob Hutchins
  7. Jack Smith
  8. Philip Brown
  9. Stuart Thomson
  10. Warren Dawes
  11. Senad Subasic
  12. Rene van Zijp
  13. Krzysztof Babij
  14. Jacob Boonstra
  15. Guus Verver
  16. Peter van Zanten
  17. Dave Dean
  18. Knut Omdal Tveito
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

I started to the first race from the 2nd position and I had a really good start. I was on P1 and kept this position to the finish line, I drove Ford Falcon. I was a little bit luck because of Guus' hangover ;). Being close to me he made a serious mistake and I won the race :) the gap was too high to overtake me. Race 1 - 1st place, my second win here.

Race 2, I cannot have understood with Ford Mustang and I really regret later that I had not chosen Alfa, but finally I finished on P4 but on the beginning Bob and later Rupe were very close to my back. I enjoyed the races very much, thank you!

Had the Falcon for race 1. Only in the race did I realize that it seemed so much faster than anything else around, whoops. Great fun driving it though.

Track was awesome, apart from the very close grid positions... Luckily, no huge issues around me.
Was very careful at the start, but still got caught in someone else's incident soon after. A poor white Alfa was caught in it too (Dave Dean I think), and I hit it quite hard, sorry about that, nowhere to go. Last place.
Stuart was waiting, even though it didn't seem to have been his fault, cheers for that.

Took a Mini for race 2, did a couple of laps in practice, but realized I won't be able to do the race :(

Great numbers, and a fairly decent event (counting my misfortunes :D), loved all the different cars. Cheers all

+1 lap for me as ever both races :rolleyes:

Race 1 Mustang felt good stayed with the pack for a while, had a couple of off's towards the end

Race 2 Abarth TC :(, not so good with the heavy rear found the back loose and would slide out mid corner, so did slow in fast out worked better lap times came down, but buy then it was all over me.

Still a good time was had good to see a large grid, also man flu :sick: came on after the race ??

Was very careful at the start, but still got caught in someone else's incident soon after. A poor white Alfa was caught in it too (Dave Dean I think), and I hit it quite hard, sorry about that, nowhere to go. Last place.
Stuart was waiting, even though it didn't seem to have been his fault, cheers for that.

Yeah - I got smashed into Dave, so I waited as he was the unwitting victim of my accident.

Well that was fun,
Id had a lot of practice laps with Jack and others trying out different cars,
So it was time to let the mighty Jaguar do its thing.. It was not the fastest thing out there but it sure was fun. big and heavy but this track brought it in line with some of the other cars.
There was no way it would top the timing charts but is looks the most elegant of all the cars..
Do it with style, and there nothing better than this..
So a big thumbs up to any that drove the Jags, your a winner already..:)
Had a good qually and was sat near the front of the grid,
But a little hick up on the first corner saw me dropping back through the field with allot of work to do.
sorry to all that got messed up in it, not much i could do about it ..
But i had great fun in the Jag trying to chase down the cars ahead, pulled of some great lines and kept a mini behind for allot longer than i expected...
but as with all races it eventually ends.. but it was great fun while it lasted..
I would of drove the Jag again in race 2 but i had to change cars
So i took the cortina..
i had drove the Falcon and the mustang and wanted a different car on the track, we had a good selection of cars... but no Jags in race 2..
Had a good race made so great passes in the corners but lost out on the straight to the power of the big cars...but it does'nt stop you trying you never know what can happen...
i came close on the last corner to making another pass but backed off thinking id tapped the mustang, this also gave the the car behind the extra bit to catch me just before the line..

But great fun the whole night,
Well done to the guy who gave the big American cars a run for their money..
maybe next time we swap :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years