TC65 @ Empoli - Thursday 7th February 2013

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65 Default cars and liveries only
Track: Empoli ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (10 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 (10 laps)

Note 1: You must drive a different Car in each race. And only use default liveries
Note 2: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 3: We run a super pole qually. This is 1 attempt only at a single flying lap ( 1x outlap from the pits and then your qually lap) if you mess up you dont get to start from the pits for a second chance. You get 10 min's to make your qually lap, so pick an appropriate gap in the traffic to go out and set a fast lap..

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Paul Bennett
  3. Hans Sneep
  4. Rui F. Martins
  5. Neil Gault
  6. Bob Hutchins
  7. Jack Smith
  8. Philip Brown
  9. Stuart Thomson
  10. Warren Dawes
  11. Senad Subasic
  12. Rene van Zijp
  13. Krzysztof Babij
  14. Jacob Boonstra
  15. Guus Verver
  16. Peter van Zanten
  17. Dave Dean
  18. Knut Omdal Tveito
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

I had a great fun tonigth, this cars are really great to drive :thumbsup:

In race 1 i started 6th and sson was in the middle of the pack and battling for positions and great battles, at a point in the race ther were 3 cars just ahead of me and another car just behind me, the race was really close and really fun, i ended in 11th.

The 2nd race was a bit harder, i used the mustang and it was much diferent from the gta, i was able to keep up with Stuart (sorry if i was too agressive ) them Knut caught up with us and both of them went away, i was in 10th and was able to build a 13second gap, but i spoun and lost that advantage, i was being closely chased and had to push hard to be able to keep in 10th but them i spun again and went to 14th, and spun 2 more times, in the final lap i saw that Hans Sneep had some problems, i tried to pass him before the finish line but i couldn't, finished 14th

Congratulations to top3 and those who finished and thank you for the races :)
see you in the next race

I also thought this event most enjoyable. Good to see the GTL grids so high too, makes this type of mixed car event much better. Great to see the full range of cars used too.
I found this track to be much trickier than it looks at first, some of the turns tighten up on exit, and that last set of right handers was a real challenge. :sneaky:

I used the Mini for Race 1 and was very surprised to find it fairly competitive with the power cars, fluking pole was a shock :confused: . As usual, I butchered pole by fluffing the start. Huge apologies to Neil behind me (and those behind Neil), once again I forgot to put the car in gear. :rolleyes::redface:
I then got caught on the outside of turn 1 when Phil and Rupe went wide, resulting in Rupe's huge Jaaaaaag swatting my little Mini into the sand trap like a pesky fly. :p That resulted in me having a great time working my way through much of the field, the Mini sure had some handling advantages compared to many of the other cars. Had a good scrap with Rupe mid race, and a ding dong battle with Phil (in the other Mini) over the closing laps, but Phil edged me by half a car length. Good racing guys. :thumbsup:
Grats to Krzysztof, Neil, and Guus for the podium.

Race 2, I joined the V8 guys, and the Mustang seemed well suited to the track. For once, I managed a good start and had a great battle with Guus for the first few laps, then a race long scrap with Neil and Jack in their Falcons. It was very noisy, very close, and heaps of fun. :D
Neil is a proven performer in the muscle cars, but Jack proved just how good he can be in an American power brute, great driving Jack. :thumbsup: (Jack, you should have traded that Jag for a Shelby for the RDHCS :whistling:)

WD to Neil and Jack for the podium.
Looking at lap times for Race 2, we were lucky that Knut and Stuart started at the back though, their Alfas were setting very fast times. ;)

Thanks Rupe, a very successful turnout for a well planned event. :)

Man... another great track and unbelievable numbers. :) Went for the Cortina race 1 and Falcon race 2. I had practiced with Rupe somewhat and it payed off because I felt confortable in both cars.

In replay I see that in Race 1 I had some good racing with Bob in his Falcon and Rui in his Alfa. I even passed a little old lady in an Abarth...Auntie Knut I believe:D . My results for this race hurt alittle because I went off three times on the same corner ( all my own doing) but over all it was a blast to be in the mix with others.

Race 2 was a completely different beast. I had a good qualie and as we completed the start for the race the muscle cars all jumped out quickly to open a bit of a lead. I fell into 4th spot behind Neil with Guus and Warren in front. I just mirrored their every move. Guus fell off later and I hung behind Neil to the end. I only saw one good chance to pass him as he had a little wobble at turn 1 but I went a tad too wide, brushing the curb when I jumped at this opportunity and lost some mometum ..... Neil quickly recovered.

I will say that I was being very careful not to ruin Neil's race by diving in recklessly so it was a great chance for me to hang close but practice matching his moves in the corners when the chances presented themselves.

As Bob would say top drawer Rupe. Wd done to all. Grats to Krzysztof, Warren and all podiums.

I wish I could have done better in the Shelby ( because I really did want to use it) but I did struggle with it. Time was running out and I had to choose...Jag is was.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back