TC65 Austin Healey Sprite @ Mondello Park - Tue 17th December 2013

flyertc65.jpg

Class: TC-65 Austin Healey sprite ( Download )
Track: Mondello Park International (Default)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

------------------------- Race 1 ---------------------------------

Practice start time: GMT 20:00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20:20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20:30 ( 14 laps)
------------------------- Race 2 ----------------------------------

Practice start time: GMT 20:50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21:10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21:20 ( 14 laps )

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES CLICK ME for GTL. Please read the rules they have been updated 6/11/2013 and post a reply that you have read and understood the rules
Note 2: Only default liveries please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Race 1 = Sprite 1098 / Race 2 = Sprite 1275
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap). If you mess it up, tough luck!
Note 6: Watch your driving please

Sprite:
install into the TC-65 folder, overwriting if asked.
The 1098cc Sprite shows up as a Sprite 1.1, the default as just a Sprite.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Steve Walker
  3. Denis Betty
  4. Hans Sneep
  5. Warren Schembri
  6. Roland Warmenhoven
  7. Driver :
  8. Driver :
  9. Driver :
  10. Driver :
  11. Driver :
  12. Driver :
  13. Driver :
  14. Driver :
  15. Driver :
  16. Driver :
  17. Driver :
  18. Driver :
  19. Driver :
  20. Driver :
  21. Driver :
  22. Driver :
  23. Driver :
  24. Driver :

Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qually you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers get out on track with them watch how they drive,
you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
WE all brake a little different and drive the corners different , get used to how they drive and then we can all race safer.
if you drop out of the server during qually you can return

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
Some technical question if I may. I have installed my digital version of GTL following the RD guide and everything seems to work fine now. However, each time I start the game and navigate to multiplayer and try to login I get info of incorrect CD key. So, I get back to the main screen and again navigate to multiplayer at which point I'm asked to provide my CD key, which I do and then login is successful. It's no big deal but do you have the same problem?

I probably will have to miss this one due to several jobs that I must do, one being, picking up, delivering and putting up a Christmas tree for an older couple up the road. No, no .. I'm not that nice... just following orders from wife. The skylight and air vent in the cellar door will just have to wait. Have fun.

These cars were perfect for this track and that made for some great racing. I managed to keep it on track (mostly) which led to me finishing 3rd in R1 after chasing @Roland Warmenhoven for pretty much the whole race. I was passed for 2nd place by a great move from @Steven Walker on the last corner - well done mate :sneaky: and grats on the win to Roland.

In R2 I quallied in pole after Steve once again elected to start from the back. Unfortunately I outbraked myself into the first turn :poop:. This allowed Roland through and we were soon joined by Steve. At some point Roland made a mistake and whilst he gathered it up we had a coming together. At the time, I felt that Roland had caused the accident, but looking at the replay I maybe could have asked if he wanted the place back. Sorry for that Roland. Anyway, Steve passed us as we were both regaining control and that was how we finished. The 3 of us were very close on fastest lap but Steve was quickest and quicker overall, he deserved the win - well done again :thumbsup:.

Thanks to Rupe for organising. Sorry you weren't feeling to good, hope you feel better soon.

Yeah, get well soon Rupe!

This track is very nice for small, low powered cars.. Especially the slowest Sprite is quite hard to lose control of around here, so it comes down to being smooth.. Exactly my specialty:giggle::laugh:
As usual I struggled to find pace in P1, but after switching to Steve's setup for Q1 things got better (Thanks @Steven Walker :thumbsup:) A really good R1 start gave me the lead pretty soon, and where Denis and Steve needed some time to get up to speed, I could do very consistent laptimes right from the beginning. So I managed to open up a gap until 1/3rd of the race, when Denis and Steven started closing in again. Pretty soon Denis was right on my tail but my trying hard to make no mistakes was rewarded in the end.. So once again despite being over a sec. slower I ended up with a win!!:)

The faster Sprite was harder to keep on track, but despite an off in last corner I managed 2nd in Q2. And I could take the lead in R2 after Denis outbraking himself. Once more I could build a (tiny) gap, but lost the gap just as quickly again. Then on a slight error Denis came alongside, but round the outside I stuck with it and he gave way next corner:thumbsup:. On his next attempt I tried to hold my line and give room as much as needed, but doing so missed the next turn myself and as Denis slowed too Steven snatched the lead form both of us (Sorry @Denis Betty I didn't have a clue it could be from something I did - will watch the replay later on..:redface:) Then while in 3rd chasing Denis I had another spin, so with nothing to win and a huge gap to 4th I cruised the last 3 laps to the finish.

Thanks Rupe and Steven for the event, and thanks all who joined!

These cars on this track were fun fun fun.:thumbsup: I'd had only 1/2 hour or so of practice earlier in the day and wasn't very confident of my pace but I was pleasantly suprised when i joined the server. I made a basic setup and uploaded it to the online files in the hope that it would help the others to improve their lap times and elected to start from the back of the pack for both races.

Race 1 and I was in no rush to carve my way through the pack so I took it kind of steady following @Hans Sneep and @Warren Schembri around for a few laps until the last bend on lap 1 when they tangled a little and slowed each other up allowing me an easy pass.:thumbsup: Now I had to catch @Tim Ling who was quite quick around here but within a couple of laps I had caught up and then he had a little spin which left me with a clear run to catch the next driver in line which was @Denis Betty who was quite a way ahead having a great battle with @Roland Warmenhoven. They were setting a blistering pace and it took the rest of the race to close enough to attempt a pass. It came down to the last corner on the last lap and Denis had left the door wide open so I went through (as you do with an open door) and claimed 2nd place for myself.:sneaky::p:roflmao: Hard lines Denis but a well earned 3rd place and a great battle should sooth a little.:thumbsup: Well done Roland for the win and holding off a determined Denis.

Race 2 was only slightly different in that I found myself in 3rd place before the end of the first lap with Roland and Denis setting an incredible pace again. It took till about half race distance when I got close enough to them to be able to plan an overtake. Fortunately for me they both got slightly out of control approaching the last few bends and while they were recovering I just passed through the massive gap in the middle.:) A 1st place finish for me and another second place for Denis. Our similarity in pace was confirmed by the closeness of the lap times being a mere couple of tenths between us.:thumbsup:

Many thanks to all who raced with us last night and well done to Roland and Denis for their podiums. See you all next race.:thumbsup: Get well soon Wing Commander.;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back