Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65
Track: Anderstorp North / Anderstorp South

Practice start time: GMT 20.00
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (20 laps)
---------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 (20 laps)

Note1: You have your choice of any default car
Note2: Default skins only

Racing Rules & Server password: click here

Michael, I have an informal rule in all my events that we never discuss laptimes ahead of the event.

My reasons for this are:-
1. The laptimes people do are generally done in practice, with no traffic and no need to compromise your lines at all, so in a race scenario they are not fully indicative/not really relevant
2. People tend to post their best times, not their average times over a longer stint where tyre wear would be a factor
3. Most importantly, it doesn't really matter, as the Club is all about Friendly and Gentlemanly Racing, and times tend to become immaterial very quickly in those scenarios

Just so you know, you didn't miss anything, I don't publish that rule anywhere, because it's a personal one to me and my events, I just let people know as and when needed.

Ross is correct, there will always be someone around you for a dice, irrespective of your pace.

I do have one other comment though - you say "this track"...you mean "these tracks"? There are 2 different tracks for tomorrow night, so just make sure you have practiced both so there's no nasty surprise when it changes for R2. :)

Also, you can (if you want to) change cars from Race1 to Race2, or you can stick with your favourite for both races. That's entirely up to you.

Oh well, I guess there are just some days when you should stay in bed. :rolleyes:

Chose the Cortina for Race 1, to show I can sometimes resist the Mini. ;) Ironically, I was beaten up by a Mini, as Bob and I managed to keep coming together in the tight right hander, the first time resulting in my Cortina flipping on to it's side, the second a more conventional nudge and spin. Unfortunately for Bob, I just couldn't throw the Cortina around that turn at the same speed as a Mini. :p.

Race 2, decided to fight fire with fire and challenge Bob in a Mini. Managed to sneak pole, but about 20 secs before Race start, my TS dropped out. By the time I had TS back running again, the guys informed me that my Race connection had dropped as well. Tried to rejoin but missed it by about 2 secs.:(
Off to have breakfast with my wife. :oops:

Hope you all had some fun without me.

Sorry you missed out on the 2nd race Warren, but well done on the pole for Race 2. It is pretty amazing to think about the route our individual connections have to travel around the planet in order to come together in one server!

Race1 was a surprise pole position for me as I did not realize until practice what the relative speeds where. My main concern for the start was to get around Lap 1 maintaining position with Eck right beside me in another Alpha. This I was able to do but threw it away on lap 2. Nothing to serious however and manage to hang on to the lead scrap with the other 2 Alphas. In the end, it was Roland who drove the most consistently and deserved the win!

Race 2. I had planned to use the AH Sprite until I found out it was not part of the default cars. Went to the Cortina which was the most consistent for me and turned in nicely at the #$#$in hairpin. Got away to a good start and had a good bit of back and forth racing with Jacob in the Alpha till around lap 7 when he unfortunately dropped back with a problem at the "hairpin." Carried on to the finish pretty much on my own after that as the lead group was well ahead. Thanks for another inspiring event Stuart, Cheers all

Messed up both races in a similar fashion.

In race 1, after some close racing with Warren, Bob and Stuart, I was alone in the penultimate corner, and started thinking about something random. Didn't realize I kept my foot on the gas, and next thing I know, I was going off. Had to choose between going back on the road (which would probably mean hitting the wall), or make an unplanned drive through the pits. So I chose the latter :D

In race 2, I just went too fast into turn 1, ended up on the grass, and had to let the entire field go by.
Hated that hairpin with a passion. Was consistently -0.3s at the split before the hairpin, and consistently +0.2s after the hairpin.

Saw several incidents around me, if I have wronged anyone, do let me know. I'm a poor racer.

Thanks to everyone who showed up, and to Stuart for setting it up.
See you Saturday!

R1. Decided at the 12th hour to change to a mini, grabbed Warren's setup thank you and off we go. The setup felt really stabble and I had a great time driving but with just a couple offs along the way. I lost some positions but I also gained some and I was in the mix wtih others which adds to the excitement. Started 8th and finished 8th.

R2. Started in 7th place in the mini and shortly thereafter I was nudged off track in the T1 turmoil, returned in 14th place. I worked my way back to 8th spot and settled in behind Stu who defended in the Jag for several laps. Soon Senad joined the group . He and I tried together to get around Stu. We were like a pack of wolves chasing down an old elk. I unwisely tried to pass on the outside and went off track while Senad slipped through on the inside. I then almost caused disaster by coming back on track heading to the hairpin on the insde and misjudged the speed but I luckly skidded through without contact ( sorry guys). I now had to to try to regain lost ground on Stu again who's Jag was struggling in the tight corners but laps were running out. Finally I dipped through on the inside on the left-hand corner before the hairpin and hung on to the finish.

Only regret... too dam short. These short tracks made for loads of excitment. WD done podiums, Stu great choice again, cheers all drivers.

Has Roland been abducted by aliens?... He is driving like he has been.

Man, I surely had fun again tonight! Like Jack said, these short tracks make for great racing action, and looking at the numbers I suppose many people agree.

Did some online practice wednesday night on the north circuit, managing almost identical laptimes in both Mini and Alfa, but could not beat Magnus' Cortina time there..
For R1, the south circuit, the Alfa turned out to be the quickest car around though, claiming 4 of the top 5 spots in Q1. I happened to be the guy in 5th, and there was quite a large gap to Philip on pole. Nonetheless, we really had Bob surrounded in his Mini :D.
Had a good R1 start, my starts really have been going well lately, and what I lacked in raw race pace, I made up for that in luck again as I managed to stay out of trouble while Bob and Warren were romping around some and both Eck and Philip each had some minor delays allowing me to take the lead.
I then saw Philip and Eck respectively close in on me rapidly, and then get behind again a couple of times. I really hope that wasn't because of anything I did, if so then I'm sorry, but it meant I could stay in the lead and win!! :):)

My 2nd club race victory this week!!:cool: Those who don't know any better might start to think I am actually any good at this !! :D

For R2 on the north part of the track I thought I might just as well stay in the Alfa, as I learned before it wouldn't have any unfair advantage here. Also since there'll already be an all-Cortina event next week and because there already were a lot of Minis on track. And because I like the Alfa of course... :rolleyes:

Respect! to Stuart and Eck for daring to run the Jaaaag around this track, one must have courage to wanna try that..:eek:

Respect! as well to the way Warren took Q2 Pole in his dear Mini. And a real shame disaster struck him just before R2 start.:(
His disco got me from 5th to 4th on the grid, and right from the start there was a great battle going on with Bob and Ross, including some minor rubbing and paint schratching, where at some point a slight off from Ross even put me in the lead for a while
(Yes -surprisingly- he actually can make mistakes sometimes!!:p ) Had to give it back as expected, but to my own surprise I could actually kinda keep up with him while holding off Bob who made it quite clear he was looking for a way past. He didn't find one though and I finished the race in 2nd.

Thanks Stuart for another great event; Grats to all other podium finishers, and Thx! to all who were there making this a fun racing night.

And Jack: No, I have no recollection of being abducted by aliens, but it sure as hell felt good to be chased by some instead of just being lapped by them...;)

Respect! to Stuart and Eck for daring to run the Jaaaag around this track, one must have courage to wanna try that..:eek:

It depends on what you want out of an event, I suppose. I can't speak for Eck, but I had a hoot in the 2 slowest 65ers last night.

I always knew that I'd be defending my little (and then big) arse off pretty much from gun to flag in both races, so I'd be in the mix no matter what, and it never hurts to get some variety in there. :cool:

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back