TC mostly masks deficiencies in ACC and rF2 tire models

Pedro17

@Simberia
Many professional drivers have praised the smooth and natural feeling of the first Assetto Corsa's tire model, with just some minor complaints about a general tendency to have a bit more oversteer than it should.

Now, if one drives any car in ACC or rF2 without TC, the tires seem like they have an on/off switch that toggles between grip and sudden, hard tail-flings. It doesn't have the smoothness of AC at all, and cars are much more of a handful than they should be,

With the TC on, the gap to AC's handling is fairly successfully bridged in ACC. I imagine this is do in large part to it being easy for software on PC to mimic software on a car. One exception I've found is the AMG GT3. There's still a tendency for it to be very snappy in certain situations. In AC, its fish-tailing can be controlled. In ACC, it snaps back and forth very hard. This usually results in a wreck. In rF2, it doesn't tend to fish-tail; the back end just steps out a bit before correcting.

One last thing. I've noticed that the overly forgiving tire model in PC 2 makes some GT3 cars (with their TC completely disabled) handle similarly to the aforementioned sims' GT3s with their TC on! This leads to a philosophical question. If one can sometimes get realistic end results in PC 2, does it matter that they were achieved through unrealistic means?
think.jpeg

Last edited:
One last thing. I've noticed that the overly forgiving tire model in PC 2 makes some GT3 cars (with their TC completely disabled) handle similarly to the aforementioned sims' GT3s with their TC on! This leads to a philosophical question. If one can sometimes get realistic end results in PC 2, does it matter that they were achieved through unrealistic means?
If you want to be fast with the GT3 cars in Project CARS 2, you need to disable TC and basically drift around every single corner. I don't think the optimum slip angles are that extreme in real life.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 141 13.9%