TC-65: Toyota Corolla vs Lancia Fulvia @ Birmingham USA - Tue 14th May 2013

]
flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65 Toyota Corolla (Download) vs Lancia Fulva 1600 ( Download )
Track: Birmingham Barber GP 3.7km (Download) Barber GP 3.7km

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 13 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 ( 13 laps)

Note 1: Skins that come with the Mods Only
Note 2: Race 1 you will use the first car next to your name and for Race 2 the other car
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4 : We run a superpole qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront
you don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action..
Note 5: Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways. Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved the overlap fairly.
The kerbs are not deemed as track, therefore 2 wheels must be within the white lines, on the tarmac, At All Times..

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson - Corolla / Fulvia
  2. Tim ling - Fulvia /Corolla
  3. Antonio Tavares - Corolla #76 / Fulvia #991
  4. Warren Schembri - Fulvia /Corolla
  5. Sakis Politis - Corolla / Fulvia
  6. Roland Warmenhoven - Fulvia /Corolla
  7. Yves Larose - Corolla / Fulvia
  8. Hiroshi Awazu - Fulvia /Corolla
  9. Hans Sneep - Corolla / Fulvia
  10. Steven Walker - Fulvia /Corolla
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

There is always a option for the auto gearbox to be used on the server, but its not quite the same i do realise this..
hope to see you racing soon ..
ive got no experience with a T500 or Fanatec wheel sorry, im still on my G25.

Sorry but I'm going to have to pull out of this event.
While practicing on Saturday, my wheel started playing up and plays as if it has a mind of its own (the down paddle shifter works only when it wants to). Have been trying to play with the keyboard but am much slower with it.

On the bright side, good excuse to get a T500RS or Fanatec wheel ;)
Please PM if you have any tips/suggetions

A Logitech DFGT + G25/27 pedals works a treat, nice cheap combo :)

Love the track, I Hate The Corolla :roflmao: not a good race for me today I didn't save my settings from yesterday which i got fairly comfortable with so while setting up today i forgot to adjust certain parameters of car settings. Car felt much looser than yesterday. I ended up crashing hard enough that car was undriveable:thumbsdown:

Well, can't say it was fun today:roflmao: but nice to see you guys :thumbsup:

Well i have to say that i had immense fun today, especially with the Fulvia. I was about .5 of a second quicker than anyone else on track, but it was tempered by the fact that i didn't put enough fuel in the car. :mad: I tried everything i knew about to try and eeek the fuel out but it was no good..... What am i on about... if i had had 2 more laps worth of fuel in the car then i would have won. DAMN IT!!... Lost to Antonia AGAIN!.... ;) . Well done Tonio for winning that race. :sneaky:

Still, I made amends on the next race with the Corolla. I made DAMN sure i put enough fuel in.... and got slammed up the exhaust in the first hairpin..... Sakis, was that you? :cautious:. I might have been in last place BUT my engine was running and I had LOTS of fuel. So, off i went in pursuit, trying to get some places back, only to be confounded by Hans, who drove a very good defensive race, which meant that i could not get any higher than 7th...... were it not for someone, how shall i put this..... screwing up and handing me 6th place. Woohoo! :thumbsup:

If it wasn't for bad luck, i'd have no luck at all. Great couple of races guys. Can't wait to do it again.:thumbsup:

Ok iv'e not looked at the replay but here is a little reminder to all drivers:)
We have a simple rule at RD and that is if we have contact which causes a car to spin, or go off track you pull over in a safe area out of the action, this may be on the next straight bit of track, not mid corner and wait for the car to rejoin the the action and then follow, and carry on the racing ... accidents happen, we are here to race, but this is just for fun, there are no prizes so lets not forget this ..:)..

When you signed up to RD and got you licence to race on our servers you will of all of read the rules..
You can check them out HERE
You can always ask if your unsure about any of the points.

These races had everything and had fun despite the bad moments. First race started from second behind a furiously fast Steven in his Fulvia ( :thumbsup: ) , took the lead only to spin off a few corners later to rejoin second to last. Then did a crazy race to catch up all the way to 2nd (thanks to Steven and his lack of fuel) :roflmao: .But the one who laughs last laughs the best, you will read in the following lines and see what I mean...

Second race with the Fulvia and now I have the good pace, pole position and all fine but I do an awful start and get passed by 3 cars. First right corner and we are all in line when Steven brakes to avoid the car in front, I do the same but it seems I bumped him a little (but enough to make his car lose balance and spin). I honestly didn't know it was me so I kept going because the turn was already dangerous for Corolla, so I thought he just ''lost'' it, I also run in swingman view so it was hard to realise it. I always try to race ultra clean and Antonio can confirm it since we had many battles bumper to bumper without any touch. Great battle with Antonio by the way, took the lead for a few laps, then overshot the brakes and ''gave'' him the position only to run out of fuel and retire from race... :roflmao::D A bit frustrating at first but then it makes you laugh and the only thing you remember is the fun you had despite the result.

After talking with Steven he confirmed that I was responsible for his spin. I apologised then and I do it in public again, sorry Steve :x3: ! I honestly didn't know otherwise I would follow the community's rule by the letter. I wouldn't dare do anything to ruin the great atmosphere and spirit you have created guys since it is the spirit I also support.
Anyway, great races, congratulations to Antonio for the double victory and everyone involved. See you on Thursday!

This certainly was another great racing combo. Well done Rupe:thumbsup:.
Too bad for me that at the moment I have so many things going on that I can barely find the time to join these events, let alone practice for them, let alone write about them afterwards:D..

So once more I joined a server without ever having driven a single mile in the car, this time the Fulvia 1600. But in all honesty, I do like it!. And I do have to withdraw my earlier statement that "I really hate FWD" and rephrase to something like "I really hate that I suck at driving FWD".:p
Practice and Qualy went as expected without proper prep, but in the race my laptimes gradually improved to about 1.5 sec. behind the well-prepared quick guys up front. Had a few spins in the downhil corkscrew-like right hander that cost me a lot of time, but other than that all was OK.:)

Race 2 then, the Corolla. And while the field was kinda mixed for R1, in Q2 it was pretty clear most of the quick guys were in the Fulvia, as they locked the first two rows I believe:O_o:.
However, I had a rocket start of Race 2, from 6th flying past all of the Fulvia's into the lead!! Even managed to keep it for a lap and a half:confused: but pretty soon 3 of the Lancia's were in front of me again. Then one of them braking quite early right in front of me caught me offguard and I had to take evasive action off the track, and joining up with Rupe after that. We then had a really good fun battle for a number of laps, he even waited up once, and that went on pretty much until the end. Great stuff!:thumbsup:

Grats to Antonio for the double win, by coming prepared and putting enough fuel in both times :p and to the other podium finishers. Thanks all for racing, CY guys next time.

I hope to be there thursday for the BMW races, but if I make it, it will once more be shockingly unprepared:(

Sounds like I missed a good one but like Roland I can't seem to fine any spare time right now plus I am falling behind in real life items. Also I was suppose to go in the woods with some friends to our fishing camp for a few days but I had to back out because of silly back problems...which is still causing me grief. Sitting seems to aggravate it somewhat.

I can't promise to be here for Thursday's event also because of things that need to be done plus my back issue so I will play it by ear.. have fun as always.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back