TC-65: Toyota Corolla vs Lancia Fulvia @ Birmingham USA - Tue 14th May 2013

]
flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65 Toyota Corolla (Download) vs Lancia Fulva 1600 ( Download )
Track: Birmingham Barber GP 3.7km (Download) Barber GP 3.7km

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 13 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 ( 13 laps)

Note 1: Skins that come with the Mods Only
Note 2: Race 1 you will use the first car next to your name and for Race 2 the other car
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4 : We run a superpole qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront
you don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action..
Note 5: Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways. Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved the overlap fairly.
The kerbs are not deemed as track, therefore 2 wheels must be within the white lines, on the tarmac, At All Times..

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson - Corolla / Fulvia
  2. Tim ling - Fulvia /Corolla
  3. Antonio Tavares - Corolla #76 / Fulvia #991
  4. Warren Schembri - Fulvia /Corolla
  5. Sakis Politis - Corolla / Fulvia
  6. Roland Warmenhoven - Fulvia /Corolla
  7. Yves Larose - Corolla / Fulvia
  8. Hiroshi Awazu - Fulvia /Corolla
  9. Hans Sneep - Corolla / Fulvia
  10. Steven Walker - Fulvia /Corolla
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

My two cents for the event:
At first I would like to congratulate you for the selection of track and cars. I only raced the default tracks and cars in GT Legends so every event is something new for me (which I really like :)). The track is very fun to drive and clean lines are more necessary than ever to keep a good momentum.

As for the cars I found out that they need a very different approach when setting up (and driving) due to their different behavior. The Fulvia was severely understeering at all times but feel a lot more comfortable and score times about 1.5 secs faster than the Corolla. On the other hand the Toyota is more fun to drive and goes through the corners only by transferring weight and sliding all 4 tires. The elevation changes make it even more trickier. Fun but more difficult to make a 13 lap race with no mistakes, so no relaxation when driving it whatsoever...:p

At first I wasn't sure whether to sign up for this race because i've only raced the corolla once before and really took a dislike to it, but after a bit of thought i decided to give it another go. Would you believe it, i got it pretty much tamed. :thumbsup: I'm pretty confident i can give you all a run for your money. So please sign me up and and i'll work on the Fulvia setup in the meantime.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back