TC-65 NSU TT vs Toyota Corolla @ Spa-Francorchamps GP - Tue 12th November 2013

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: 1RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC-65 NSU TT ( Download ) vs. Toyota Corolla ( Download )
Track: Spa-Francorchamps GP (default)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

------------------------- Race 1 ---------------------------------

Practice start time: GMT 20:00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20:20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20:30 ( 8 laps)
------------------------- Race 2 ----------------------------------

Practice start time: GMT 20:50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21:10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21:20 ( 8 laps )

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES CLICK ME for GTL. Please read the rules they have been updated 6/11/2013 and post a reply that you have read and understood the rules
Note 2: Only default liveries please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Odd Number Sign ups Race 1 = NSU / Race 2 = Toyota Even number vice versas
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap). If you mess it up, tough luck!
Note 6: Watch your driving please
Note 7: We will be driving this track for the month of November. It might take a few attempts to get up to speed so take it easy and learn the track.

Server password:
click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson -- NSU / Toyota
  2. Antonio Taveras -- Toyota / NSU
  3. Allan Ramsbottom -- NSU / Toyota
  4. Jack Smith -- Toyota / NSU
  5. Denis Betty -- NSU / Toyota
  6. Hans Sneep -- Toyota / NSU
  7. Steve Walker -- NSU / Toyota
  8. Dan Long -- Toyota / NSU
  9. Roland Warmenhoven -- NSU / Toyota
  10. Dave Flower -- Toyota / NSU
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qually you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers get out on track with them watch how they drive,
you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
WE all brake a little different and drive the corners different , get used to how they drive and then we can all race safer.
if you drop out of the server during qually you can return

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
Another great racing night with lots of action! :)

In the start of race 1 I was 4th after Eau Rouge in a Toyota behind Roland, Steve and Alan in their NSU's. After a while, Roland left the track, and Steve, who already got the pole with a vey low time, started to build a gap. I was doing my best to follow Alan, but a slight mistake cost me around 1,5 secs and made me loose air tunnel, which was critical because the Toyota were slower in corners than the NSU's. I was doing my best to reach Alan when Steve left the track and lost his position, leaving me behind Alan. I realized that I'd had a chance then, because being in the first position isn't always easy on nerves, especially with pressure behind (later I would taste my own remedy... :rolleyes:) and started to push hard. Eventually I was close enough to get Alan's air tunnel after Eau Rouge and overtake, assuming the first position when there were about 2 laps to go. Unfortunately, Alan managed to keep very close and I brake a little late in the chicane, allowing him to get a good run on me in the final corners. Approaching last corner, I took a defensive inside line, which was a mistake because there were less grip there and Alan was able to outbrake me and pass me on the outside (leaving space inside, good gentleman driving :thumbsup:), We left last corner side by side, but the NSU, probably because of more favorable gearing there, was able to accelerate faster and harder, crossing the finish line with 0,2 secs over me. What a race, well done Alan! :thumbsup:

I got the pole Race 2 with an NSU, but Roland (Toyota) was faster again in start and I went through Eau Rouge close after him, and we were able to build a gap to the other cars. We had some great racing for some laps, I was able to pass him once, then he passed me again and I was expecting a great close race with many overtakes, but I did a mistake and tapped his rear, pushing him out. I waited for him and let him pass, but unfortunately his car went off-road again next corner, and as other cars were coming fast, I resumed my race and managed to stay in front until finish. Sorry about that Roland, I messed up the fun we were going to have. :(

Last edited:
Last nights race was a mixed affair for me starting with the NSU.

Q1 had me in pole position with a great lap time and all I had to do was keep it on the tarmac to take a win..:cool:

Race 1 and a great start saw me first through Eau Rouge enabling me to get the best line through and out over the top carrying that extra speed all the way down the Kemmel Straight and into Les Combes. Things were looking good for the next few laps and I was managing to open the gap between @Allan Ramsbottom and @Antonio Tavares who seemed to be having a nice tussle with each other from what I could see:), but by about lap 5 I screwed up and lifted a little too much as I went through Les Combe and spun into the infield allowing Allan, Antonio AND @Rupe Wilson by.:poop::cry::mad:
Silently raging inside I set off after them hoping that there were enough laps left to try and fight my way back to the front. Luckily as I was catching Rupe he ran a little wide going down through Pouhon and almost went into the kitty litter giving me an easy pass and bringing a little smile to my face.:whistling::laugh:
The next couple of laps saw me pushing even harder as the gap wasn't coming down quickly enough and the inevitable happened. I screwed up again but this time I dropped it on the apex at La Source and it took too long to restart the engine giving Rupe 3rd place again.:cry: So that's how it finished and I'm still kicking myself for throwing away a win because my mind wandered while I was out front.

Q2 and I wasn't as confident in the Corolla. The lap time reflected this and I started 5th or 6th on the grid.

Race 2 started with a great get away off the line and as the field approached the bottom of Eau Rouge I was closing rapidly on Allan who was in front of me. I had a split second to decide whether to drop in behind him and follow up the hill or keep my foot planted and go for the pass.:sneaky:
Yep, you guessed it. I threw caution to the wind and left the throttle buried into the carpet:confused:. Whilst my sphincter was puckering up @Denis Betty had decided the same thing and was making his move down the right of Allan making him the filling in our sandwich:laugh:. In the replay it looked awesome but at that moment it was quite a risky move which I wasn't entirely sure would come off. It actually worked out well and we were pretty much past him by the time we got to the bottom of the hill. I left room on my right for Allan who had dropped in behind Denis but they both got held up behind @Dave Flower as he had to lift a little going up Eau Rouge which left me clear to head out after the leading pair. Thanks Dave your check is in the post...:laugh:
@Roland Warmenhoven and Antonio were making great time up ahead and I was hard pushed to keep up with them but I managed it until about lap 2 or 3 when I was focusing too much on the cars in front. I missed my braking point by the tiniest amount and went too deep into the Bus Stop losing a couple of places in the process:poop:.
So the chase was on again and a few laps later, after regaining a few places, I saw a couple of cars recovering from a coming together in Pouhon but they were too far away for me to catch so I kept battling on. Not too sure what happened to Roland but I suddenly found myself in 2nd place and gaining on Antonio:O_o:. Lap by lap the gap was coming down but time was running out and I wasn't closing quickly enough. Even if I had managed to catch him overtaking was a different matter because he's always tricky to pass. That was where it finished because I could close up in certain areas of the track but he was able to power out of the bends much better than I and the gap stayed at about 1 sec on average.

This was a fun event and a good match up of cars:thumbsup:. They proved to be different enough in handling that it provided an extra challenge. Congratulations to podiums and thanks to Rupe for the event and everyone else for giving your time.

First of all, big:thumbsup: for the perfect pair these two cars made on this track!
These were a pair of very entertaining, yet very different races. I remembered having good speed in these in a race at Killarney a while back, so just went with the setups from there.

In the NSU TT, my weapon for Race 1, I could do pretty fast laps even with zero practice, but with zero consistency as well..
Managed 3rd place in Q1, and snatched 2nd place at Race start chasing Steve, but then I went into a corner too hot, ran wide followed by not quite the safest ever re-entry (Sorry Antonio for scaring you:redface:) that landed my car deep into the sand on the opposite side of track. Once I got out, now in last place, I think my car had bent suspension as I missed half the right-hand corners for the next lap.
Now even further behind, I decided it was time for repairs, but honestly I just couldn't remember where Pit entry was:O_o:. By the time I found it, another 2 laps later, I finally had a visual on the car in front, so decided to skip the repairs:sneaky:.

In the remaining 4 laps, I managed to pass Hans and Dave, several times actually, only to spin again every time:roflmao:. So I went back and forth between 7th and 9th several times to finish in 7th. I DID have ridiculous fun in the little bathtub though..

Second part, in the Rally car.. Took some getting used to, but once again my Killarney setup worked quite well here. This time I managed way more consistent laps in P2 and even grabbed 2nd place in Q2. As Antonio struggled a bit at the start of R2, I could grab the lead and like he said we had a load of fun in the opening laps. Don't worry about the tap, you only very slightly nudged me, I did a very nice 360° :D and we could even continue in the lead. Next corner however I misjudged, slid wide into the sand, and despite this being a rally car had some trouble getting out again.:mad:

Rejoined in 5th with Allan hot on my tail; he clearly could brake much later but his car seemed a bit more loose in the corners and he was really driving on the edge. We then passed Denis and Jack who both had spins, and now in 3rd place I managed to build a small gap to Allan.
The leading duo, Antonio and Steven were way out of reach though as I saw them pull away from me at over half a sec. per lap, so settled for 3rd in a very entertaining race.

Thanks Rupe for setting up the event, hope you'll feel like new again soon (without need for happy pills;) )
Grats to the podium finishers, THX all for racing, it was great but IMO this track really SCREAMS for faster cars.. Like whatever happened to that classic F1 mod everybody seemed to be so enthusiastic about? I bet something like that would be great here..
Oh and welcome Andrew, looking forward to meeting on track soon!

Note: All names in this report have been changed to protect the identities of those named in this report. The only thing altered in this report was the truth.:D

Race 1. I started and finished in the same position.. sitting upright and in 5th. I lost a few places in the first lap being a bit too cautious but I quickly gained them back again as people left the track in unprecedented numbers. The rest of the race I tried to hold the gap on Denis and as the last few laps rolled out I found the car a little more difficult to control so I slowed just a tad ...insuring a non-error finish ... while holding on to just enough gap between myself and Denis... who was closing near the end.

Race 2.;) I started in last position but the NUS felt very good and I knew that the guys would be in trouble once I got a few laps under my belt. It did not take long for Dave and Allan to crumble from the pressure of trying to hold me off as they both left track at the same time... almost as if I willed it....hmmm. :sneaky: Now in 5th, I noticed what looked like a water trail on the track which confused me at first until I realized that it was sweat pouring off of Steve... as he knew I was soon to be closing on him ... and sure enough he spun at the bus stop... almost as if I willed it...hmmm.:sneaky: Now in 4th and behind a helpless Denis...when all of a sudden Roland leaves the track and I am in 3rd....hmmm. :sneaky: See a pattern. Within seconds Denis looses all feelings in his arms and control of his bowels and leaves the track....all most as if I....well you know. Now in 2nd. As I closed in on Antonio I noticed he began driving like a girl and I knew that I would have him soon. I was thinking...the only thing that could stop me from snatching this victory would be something ridiculous happening like my peddles dislodging from the floor and before you can say " roll over again sis", bam, my peddles dislodged from the floor. It is too painful to describe the events that followed, only to say it is almost as if I willed it ...hmmmmm.

All humor aside, I truly enjoyed this event, especially the NSU with the setup I found on the forum. Cheers to all who showed up. Thanks to Rupe for the effort. I hope the humorous is not considered a no - no. :unsure::unsure:

PS My next great challenge will be to try and produce a report longer than Steve's or Roland's.;););)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back