TC-65 NSU TT vs Toyota Corolla - Killarney - Thu 2nd May 2013

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: NSU TT (Download) vs. Toyota Corolla ( Download )
Track: Killarney Motor Racing Complex ( Download )

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 15 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 ( 15 laps)

Note 1: Skins that come with the Mods Only
Note 2: Race 1 you will use the first car next to your name and for Race 2 the other car
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4 : We run a superpole qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront
you don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action..
Note 5: Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways. Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved the overlap fairly.
The kerbs are not deemed as track, therefore 2 wheels must be within the white lines, on the tarmac, At All Times..

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson NSU TT / Toyota
  2. Hiroshi Awazu Toyota #31 / NSU TT #115
  3. Hans Sneep NSU TT / Toyota
  4. Paul Bennett Toyota #33 / NSU TT #163
  5. Antonio Tavares NSU TT #168 / Toyota #76
  6. Jack Smith Toyota #91 / NSU TT#81
  7. Jorge Ferreira NSU TT #71 / Toyota #82
  8. Jacob Boonstra Toyota / NSU TT
  9. Roland Warmenhoven NSU TT / Toyota
  10. Steven Walker Toyota / NSU TT
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

I had a great time tonight guys. Thank you very much. You were all very pleasant and polite and dare i say professional. The racing was clean and fair, which is a wonderful thing given the state of online gaming these days. Thanks also for the help in getting set up and connected to the server. Your help was very much appreciated. Can't wait for next Thursday :).

By the way, when will the details of the next club race be published?

Agreed on that .. that was great fun...
I like these 2 cars and they are so different to drive and need to be drive so..
my favourite is the Corolla, I love the way it slides i still have to get better with it but that takes time ..
I need to as these 2 cars will feature in the next league..
i had to great races with lots of fun and slides .

Welcome also to the 2 new drivers Jorge and Steven, hope you enjoyed yourselves...
were not that bad really ... we had some good laughs on t/speak,
It good to use because without this we would not of had Steven racing with us tonight.. But we got there with minutes to spare.. Hope to see you guys in the next events.. The first time is always difficult (so they say):roflmao:

We have a league race next Tuesday but look out for the Thursday event ..

We also have a new single make series that will start in June that you welcome to enter..
Details can be found HERE
You can sign up on the night but to get your personnel custom skin you need to sign up HERE
And ill try my best to get you the right colours.. :whistling:

Thanks Rupe.
I have a problem in speaking English but with the translator it'll talking :)
I liked doing this race, my problem is that I can not do all the races because I have a young son :inlove: and there are days I have to be with him, and it is complicated to do everything I wanted ...
But know for certain that all the times that I can I'll be there ...
I hope to have many races in the future. And thanks to all the work they do ...

Good times again :)

The Corolla or spinning top as I call it :D was a little frisky for me I think my steering lock was a bit over was turning far too easy with that loose back end. NSU was a better drive but still had to be easy on the corners could catch you out.
Still on a learning curve with G27 pedals and only fitted the shifter on last night, now I'm starting to get a better drive feels more natural.

Welcome to the club Steven & Jorge stick with us guys it's a lot of fun even with your trousers on :thumbsup:

Ah..fun, fun, fun till daddy took my jag away.

The Toyota was quicker but more temperamental than the NSU so I never really mastered it. I went off track with both cars and then had fun working my way back as best as I could. I experienced that annoying screen flicker when negotiating a tight corner and that caused one of my offs. All in all a good time.

Thanks Rupe for the event. Welcome to all the new faces and hope to see more of you. Cheers to the old faces.

Thanks all, it was a lot of good fun indeed. I even managed to get along with the Toyota this time; it wasn't quite as outrageous as I remembered it to be. :cool:

I did feel pretty comfy in the NSU for race 1, practice laptimes were good but in the race I just couldn't keep my head wrapped around it, as I had 6 or 7 spins in Race 1, and all my own doing, no others involved..:(
I did have a nice scrub with Hans at the beginning though, and I remember trying to catch up with Hiroshi at least 4 times, of which 3 times whenever I came slightly close to him... I spun and had to start over :laugh:.

In Practice 2 I maximised the time spent driving the Toyota, and it went surprisingly well - I managed to do rather consistent crash-free laptimes and even managed 2nd in Q2. Even Race 2 went pretty well following Rupe, even ran in the lead for a lap after Rupe's nasty crash. I then mimicked his crash exactly one lap later - my only real crash, but it was a big one :confused: - and had to wait for everyone to pass before I could rejoin. Had a VERY entertaining race trying to win back some of the lost positions, had another few laps of fun with Hans, but obviously a podium finish was way out of reach - again.:unsure:

Thankfully, good fun was not out of reach at all; it was nice to see Hiroshi finally being able to join us for a whole session, and pleasant to again see some new drivers, Steven and Jorge, welcome! Good to hear you gents enjoyed yourselves and hope to see you back for more soon.

Grats to Antonio, if not the fastest as well then you were undoubtedly the most stable driver this night - well done, and to the podium finishers as well of course.

Thanks Rupe for the event, and to all for racing, CYA soon!

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back