TC-65 Night Race @ Montreal - Sunday 27th July 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andy Marsden

• Andy Marsden

Time to make sure your lights work guys as we head off to Canada for a night race featuring the cars of the TC-65 class at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal.
Slight change this time as we are bringing back pit stops so all please read the post linked below :thumb:
As always please specify your car on sign up

Event details
Game: GT Legends
Date: Sunday 27th July 2008
Server: RaceDepartment.com
Car: TC-65 Class (Abarth 1000TC, Alfa Romeo GTA, Austin Mini Cooper S, Ford Falcon, Ford Mustang, Jaguar Mk2, Lotus Cortina)
Skins: Default only
Circuit: Montreal, Canada (here)
Password: Here

Event schedule (GMT time)
Practice: 18:30, 30 mins
Qualifying: 19:00, 30 mins
Race: 19:30, 26 lap race

Server settings
Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Weather: Dry
Failures: Normal
Pitstops: 1 Mandatory - PLEASE READ THIS
In-game start time: 21:00

Signups
1 Szilard Szabo - Jaguar Mk2 (TBC)
2 Simon Bacon - Cortina
3 Warren Dawes - Mustang
4 Hans Sneep - Falcon
5 Traumatic - Ford Falcon
6 Dave Gardner - Mustang

Reserves

damnit, dunno what happened, my car just suddenly stopped. i thought that engine blowed up, but no sign for it in the replay, and i in result i just DNF, not becouse engine, so dunno what happened. Anyway, i wasnt so competeitve with the mk 2 so it would be a boring, lonely race with waiting for others mistake :)
hope u have fun...

Well done to Ben, and big thanks to those who turned up.:thumb: Had a fun time, first getting the jump on Warren at the start, delaying the inevitable moment until he overtook, then driving like a lunatic to hand on to his coat-tail. All to no avail but a tremendous laugh doing so. The rest of race I spent seeing how far I could kick the tail out on the 'tina and still face forwards:evil: I had brilliant time and noticed in the process I could take a few 1/10ths out of Warren's lead over me. Typically, I found just how far I could push before spinning or hitting the wall:rolleyes:

Where are all the other GTL chaps?? This sim still one of (if not) THE best in terms of outright fun and chuckability. Don't let it die. The rFactor mod was mentioned tonight but, to me, it just isn't the same. Here's hoping for a bigger grid at Donnington.

Yep, this was certainly Bens night to whip our butts. But it was his birthday this week so we had to give him a little gift. :D

Looks like it was my weekend to stuff up people at the starts. After two fluffed starts in the Oceania event, I managed it again in GTL. Sorry to Szilárd behind me, I managed to break one of your headlights even before I left the start line. My brain just wasn't working again. Sat on the line, built the revs, dropped the clutch. revved the guts out of it and stayed still. Oops, still in neutral as Szilárd ploughed into my stationary Mustang. :redface:
I hope that didn't cause your car to die on lap 1.

Ben quickly disappeared away in front, never to be seen again, but Simon and I had a good little battle for a few laps. His Cortina was quicker in the early part of the track but my Mustang had the legs down the straight. It took me some time to eventually keep up with him enough to be able to use that power to pass on the straight. Thanks for some fun racing Simon. :thumb:

Well done again to Ben, totally dominant. :thumb:
Thanks also to Simon and Hans for racing with us, again a very small field but very enjoyable racing.
I just don't know why we are getting so few people turning up, GTL is such an interesting and enjoyable racing sim. I'm sure most people haven't really tried it enough to really appreciate the variation in driving models with each car.

Warren,

I love GTL, and racing with you guys, but I am in church on Sunday morning, so I cannot make this time. A couple of hours later would work, but is hard for the rest of you I guess. When we were doing GTL every other Saturday (o***et off of the FD Race07 events) I made several as my Saturdays are more open. Hopefully I'll be able to join in again sometime soon at another time slot.

Chris

Warren,
When we were doing GTL every other Saturday (o***et off of the FD Race07 events) I made several as my Saturdays are more open. Hopefully I'll be able to join in again sometime soon at another time slot.

Chris

I'd be happy to see some Saturday night events for GTL, especially if that would attract more participants.
Any other people have a comment?

I just don't know why we are getting so few people turning up, GTL is such an interesting and enjoyable racing sim. I'm sure most people haven't really tried it enough to really appreciate the variation in driving models with each car.

Well I am actually a huge fan of GTL and always liked the racing in this simulation. Just lately I've begun to like the Power and Glory mod for GTR2 as well and as I switched to Vista I never even tried to get GTL back on my disk as I'm not even sure if I'd prefer to race in Power&Glory or GTL.. how about a PnG-race some day?
Nah, maybe I'm gonna put GTL back on my PC if I manage to do that task on Vista and then I might join as well in one of the GTL club races.

The Falcon is a two hands full to drive good not get the car to the turns fast.
At the start of the race I got away clean but Warren stay on his place (never happened to me I use the pitlimmeter for that) little fight with the Jag at the first Corner but stay ahead try to follow the Mustang, on the straight I was looking in my mirror to see where the Jag was and mist my brake point completely, full on the brakes mist Warren just made a 360 on the pit entrance
and go through the pitlane on the limmeter and lost time on the rest ,so a lonely race it went,managed to lost my lights ,get a lap from Ben (how are you so fast with the Falcon? any tips welcome) after that Warren com by try to keep up but overdrive a corner and went up in the sky, the last laps of the race get better through the corners by shifting up so I have learn again from racing online.

About racing on Saturday evening , no prob for me

Warren thanks fore the pics there nice as ever
Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 155 10.2%
  • < 3 years