TC-65: Mini Cooper S vs Porsche 912 @ Birmingham USA - Thu 23rd May 2013

flyertc65.jpg

Server name:RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65 - Mini Cooper S default + ( liveries ) vs Porsche 912 (Download)
Track:Birmingham Barber GP 3.7km (Download) Barber GP 3.7km

Practice start time:GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time:GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time:GMT 19.30 ( 13 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time:GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time:GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time:GMT 20.20 ( 13 laps)

Note 1:Skins that come with the Mods Only
Note 2: Race 1 you will use the first car next to your name and for Race 2 the other car
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4 : We run a superpole qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront
you don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action..
Note 5:Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways. Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved the overlap fairly.
The kerbs are not deemed as track, therefore 2 wheels must be within the white lines, on the tarmac, At All Times..

Server password:click here
Racing rules:click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson - Mini #68 / Porsche
  2. Hiroshi Awazu - Porsche / Mini #590
  3. Sakis Politis - Mini #593 / Porsche #10
  4. Antonio Tavares- Porsche #107 / Mini #597
  5. Hans Sneep - Mini #63 / Porsche # 912
  6. Andrew Jarnell - Porsche / Mini
  7. Marcin Piatkiewicz - Mini #5 / Porsche #21
  8. Brian Harlow - Porsche / Mini
  9. Steven Walker- Mini #62 / Porsche # 999
  10. Guus Verver - Porsche / Mini
  11. Jack Smith - Mini #33 / Porsche
  12. Paul Bennett - Porsche #105 / Mini #55
  13. Roland Warmenhoven - Mini / Porsche
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Ol' skool Mini's are a blast! :D

Birmingham is a great track to race on, definitely one of my top faves on GTL. I had a decent qualifying, a decent start but within a few laps the real fast guys were starting to fade away into the distance.

I spent most of my race trying to catch Jack then trying my best to keep ahead him on the last few laps of the race. I went off track a few times during the race but didn't hit anything so my car was good till the end :thumbsup:

Good race ya all! :thumbsup:

Yes, another great event! :D

Another bad start for me at first race. Despite being on the pole with the Porsche, I was using a close ratio gearbox with longer 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears that was slower at start than what I thought it would be. So I got passed by a pack of "fast and furious", I think it was Guus, Steven, Rupe and Sakis. After some laps I was able, to my surprise, to pass Sakis. I say surprise because he was quite faster than me in practice, almost entering the second 42, but the truth is that my car got faster and especially more stable with some last minute setup changes (harder springs). Meanwhile Rupe, on the 3rd place, was going away. I soon realize that the best thing to do was to defend my 4th position from Sakis, who was breathing on my neck . Grats to the fellow podsters Guus, Steven and Rupe (sorry if the order is incorrect). Also have to mention the impeccable fair play from Sakis, as usual. :thumbsup:

On 2nd race I was on the pole again, thinking that things could be easier: Guus, that was clearly the faster driver on track with the Mini, had bad time in qualification and I was counting that it would take him a while to pass all the cars he had in front. Roland passed me on the start with his Porsche, but this time I got a better start than in first race and managed to follow him closely during some laps until I was able to make a pass. Contrary to what I was expecting, because I felt I was faster, I wasn't able to open a gap, and Roland was just 1 second behind me. To make things worse, Guus appeared in my mirror behind Roland. Damn, I thought, it didn't took him much time to deal with the middle positions...if he passes Roland, I'm done here, as he's quite faster than me. But he didn't, and after a while he disappeared. I thought he had spinned, only later I knew that it was a loss of connection. Anyway, without Guus pressure, Roland found the "stamina" to close the gap on me, and it was a close fight until the end of the race. Good race Roland! ;)

Good times :)

Race 1-:thumbsdown: DNF took out the Porsche 4 speed, for some reason I miss shifted into 1st twice went into the barriers so called it day :confused:. Porsche felt slow will try out a 5 speed next time so moving on

Changed my clutch setting for race 2 the Mini is blast as we all know, out for qually slips in 1st again engine blew?? :confused:. I seem to get this sorted during the race had a nice drive at the back as normal.

Well done to the :alien: race winners see you guys next week :)

Great race for me on Thursday, thoroughly enjoyed them both.

Race 1: Not much to say about this one. I'd practised with the mini a fair bit and had quite a good setup so thought i'd be up with the front runners and to my delight I found I was one of the front runners. Second place from pole to flag :thumbsup: I would probably have finished in the same position even had I not had a poor start because Guus drove almost flawlessly in the Porsche and would have beaten me all the same. Nice one Guus.

Race 2: A reasonable qualifying time saw me in 3rd spot and a great get away from the line could have been my ticket to the front. Unfortunately a slow starting mini in front meant I got a wiggle on whilst trying to go around. Lost the back end at the first corner a little and couldn't get it under control quickly enough to slip back into the race without hitting someone, so I waited while it was settled and then joined. Raced my way back up to 5th by half way and was only 4 seconds back from Rupe when I made an accidental double down shift at the first right which span me out and beached me on the apex.:poop: Thankfully no-one hit me but it took quite a few seconds to get back on track and do it all over again. Last lap of the race i was in 7th place and closing in on Hiroshi when he lost it at the entrance to the pits gifting me 6th place.:whistling:

All in all another great night of racing. Looking forward to the next race.

Once more I joined an event without time to practice beforehand. But this time, I knew the track and both cars, so I hoped I'd be OK. And I was, although I really need to spend some time re-learning FWD cars, and the MIni in particular. In race 1, like the Fulvia a while ago, I managed to spin the FWD car under braking in the corkscrew corner in lap 1. And had another off that lap and one more in lap 2 :( So I was pretty much at the back of the field by then. Grabbed myself together and started racing again. Managed to catch up with Jack and Hans eventually, got myself up as far as 5th with Antonio and Sakis in sight, even grabbed 3rd for a short moment as they were both held up by a lapped car at a bad point of the track, whilst I could just keep my foot down and drive past them:p. Gave it back tho as that'd be really unfair, and gave one back to Hans as well, as I know I'd been corner cutting quite a bit while trying to catch him earlier..:redface:

Race 2 in the Porsche went a lot better. Especially since you gents so kindly share setups as I don't have the time to cook one up myself:thumbsup: Q2 wasn't that great but RWD cars are always faster off the line, so slipped into the lead even before T1:). Held on to it a few laps but had to let Antonio go when I went too wide in the 2nd last corner. Chased him but pretty soon found Guus on my tail and had to drive a little more defensive. So we went on for a number of laps until suddenly Guus disco'ed and I could focus forward again. Managed to close the gap to Antonio a little but he took the well-deserved win.

Grats to all podium finishers and thanks to all of you for racing. Special Thanks to Rupe for the event, and to all who shared their setup:notworthy:. CYA soon.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 38 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.4%