TC-65 Mini Cooper & Jaguar MKII@ Imola Tue 17th Sept 2013

flyertc65.jpg
Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC-65 Mini Cooper & Jaguar MKII
Track: Imola (default)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

------------------------- Race 1 ---------------------------------
CAR: Mini Cooper
Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 11 laps)
------------------------- Race 2 ----------------------------------
Car: Jaguar MKII
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 ( 11 laps )

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL Please Read
Note 2: Only default liveries please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Race1 = Mini / Race2 = Jaguar
Note 5:
We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap and No In Lap, Press Escape). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Jack Smith
  3. Mike Bishop
  4. Andrew James
  5. Antonio Tavares
  6. Hans Sneep
  7. Markus Hakamo
  8. Jacob Boonstra
  9. Davy Vandevenne
  10. Steven Walker
  11. Tom Wilson
  12. Silvino Rodrigues
  13. Roland Warmenhoven
  14. Denis Betty
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
Against my expectations, because I don't particularly like the Mini (FWD) or the Jaguar, I had a great time in both races, despite some "mechanical" problems. The fact that we were in a known track helped, because I was able to feel comfortable with both cars after some practice.

In 1st race I had a nice fight with Tom Wilson during the first laps, and after managing to outbrake and overtaking him I found myself in third position, which I kept until the finish. I was able to hold Tom behind for a while, until he lost some time and left me free of pressure to try to go after Steve and 2nd position. I was shaving the gap lap after lap, but at an insufficient pace to get near and have some air tunnel. Luckily, because he lost some time before last lap, I managed to reach his rear, but I had no chance to overtake and when we crossed the finish I was craving for one more lap.

In race 2 I had some center calibration issues on my wheel around lap 4 or 5, when I was in a good fight with Silvino for 4th position, and started loosing time. By this time, Davy was coming from behind and I had to let him pass undisputed (of course that without those issues the outcome would be the same, perhaps only a little later, as he was much faster...), because I was fighting with the wheel to be able to make the turns. I fought so much than some laps later I hit the tires in last chicane, and surprise: the wheel center got better, only 4 or 5 degrees off center, letting me go after Rupe that meanwhile had passed me also. This time I got closer and made the pass in last lap, recovering "my" position and finishing with a smile on my face.

Thxs all for racing, see you@Jacarepagua!

Last edited:
It felt good to be on track with you lot again, even if only for 1st race. The Minis always make for nice racing once we figure out FWD in GTL again...:D

I did put in a nice few P1 laps, my Q1 time was pretty bad actually:laugh: but I did take the utmost care to honour the white line rules, even more than usual. Still had to lift the throttle once on my fast lap, which doesn't quite make for quick laptimes:roflmao:

Still I managed to keep up with the middle of the pack for most of the race, while paying more attention than usual :redface: to keeping between the lines, as crossing them is so easy and sometimes convenient on this track.

Good thing is, I had a really good time this race while still being cautious of the lines, and I know I didn't break any rule this time. Downside is from what I saw this still doesn't go for everyone..:unsure:

I had fun though, so THX Rupe for this event, thx all for racing, and I hope to make it to both races someday soon!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 257 13.4%