TC-65 Lotus Cortina Vs Ford Mustang @ Zolder Tue 6th Aug 2013

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC-65 Lotus Cortina Vs Ford Mustang
Track: Zolder GP (default)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

------------------------- Race 1 ---------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 13 laps)
------------------------- Race 2 ----------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 ( 13 laps )

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL Please Read
Note 2: Only default liveries please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 = Cortina / Race2 = Mustang, Even number vice versa.
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson Cortina / Mustang
  2. Hans Sneep Mustang / Cortina
  3. Warren Schembri Cortina / Mustang
  4. Kjell Eilertsen Mustang / Cortina
  5. Antonio Tavares Cortina / Mustang
  6. Warren Dawes Mustang / Cortina
  7. Jack Smith Cortina / Mustang
  8. Tony Wiltshire Mustang / Cortina
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
It felt good to be a part of a race event again. The Cortina was much easier to handle in the corners while the Mustang owned the straights...but we all know that anyway.

Race 1, in the Cortina was a bit uneventful because I was for the most part in a big gap between the leaders and the followers.

Race 2. I began in last place due to a cut track error in qualie but quickly rose to second place to my surprise. I was unable to maintain the needed pace to hold that position but supplied Warren#1 with some humorous entertainment with my wild actions. I slowly fell back down the line but with good racing along the way. I had a good battle holding off a charging Hans at the end.

One annoying problem still exists with my triple screen set..... random quick screen flicking from side to side in busy sections of the race, usually in corners. Warren#1 suggested a possible solution which I will try in the next event.

Hopefully my old age physical aliments which stopped me from racing recently will not crop up again.

Thanks to Rupe for the hard work, cheers to all drivers and WD to podiums..Warren#1 and Antonio.

Enjoyable morning for me. I always love driving the Mustang, and the Cortina was really sweet around Zolder. In the end both cars were very well matched in terms of lap times, but as Jack explained, they get them in different ways.
Race1, I managed to get a clear jump over the opening few laps, as the three Cortina's behind kept each other busy. Once things settled down, Antonio and Rupe were matching my lap times but my early gap held out.

Race 2 was more fun, after starting down the back. Spent the first few laps following Jack in his mighty Mustang, which was providing plenty of entertainment. Sorry for my chuckling over TS, but Jack was sure shaking his bootie. I was starting to think Jack was on a three pitstop strategy for new tyres, but apparently not. :p Once I cleared Jack, I took off after Antonio who had bolted in his Stang, similarly to my first race. After my earlier battle with Jack, I was wondering if I would ever be able to pass Antonio's V8, but he eventually had a small off and let me by.

Well done to Antonio and Rupe for the podium's, and special thanks to Rupe for organising. :)

Last edited:
Another night of fun, :thumbsup:
two cars that seem to be well matched on lap times but. one had the power on the straight and the other through the corners , the track has just enough of both so it keeps the cars in check,
had 2 great races the first driving hard every lap against Antonio, we were in the same cars and were very close on lap times, we both beat our practice times by over a second actually matching Warren in his beloved Mustang, but we could not close the gap, i had no answer to Antonio's driving every lap he his his marks leaving me no way past. (great driving mate). i got brave a couple of time but it was still not enough, lost a bit a ground when i pushed to hard but over a few laps slowly caught back up.
I had i chance were i had a run on him but i made a mess of it and we touched.. Sorry for that.
So i them left a bit of a gap to have a last lap push but on the exit of a corner i got into a wobble and watched him drive clear.. Grate fun all the same we had to good fun there.
Race 2,
I did not qualify and was starting from the rear in the Mustang, Same as Warren who was now in the Cortina. As the light went green i waited so there was a nice gap heading into the first corner and most of the first lap just kept up with the last car. As we started lap 2 my tyres were now warm and time to push, but it was hard work getting past the Cortina's
some times looking at 3 abreast going down the straight so i had to pick my time to overtake , a few time i backed out of it knowing the Cortina was better under the brakes and i had the power on the straight. it took a few laps to make my way to the front but by this time as Warren has said he was chasing down Antonio , I was chasing down Kjell, Lap after lap i was getting closer but the Kjell made a booboo, and i was right on his tail and going by. We were close on lap times so we had good fun right up to the last lap with all the pressure on Kjell as he had got by me after i had made a booboo.
He spun on the first corner leaving all alone to cruise round the last lap for another podium..

All in all great fun and a good night, nice to see you Back with us Jack, (i missed you)
Congrats to Warren and Antonio for the 2 strong drives in each race.
And of course thank to the rest for for showing up and racing, hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did :)

Last edited:
I had a blast yesterday, was going to write a race report but Rupe summed it up pretty nice. I'll just add this:
Sorry to @Tony Wiltshire for the contact in the chicane on first lap, second race (that was you in the red Cortina wasn't it?), was busy trying to not lose my car entirely and found out that we had connected by looking at the replay after the race. Also thanks for all the great racing later in the same race.

Again thanks to Rupe for setting up the premises for what became another evening well spent with the GT Legends legends of RD. Also thanks for the battles in race two, good fun and very good practice for me!

I had a blast yesterday, was going to write a race report but Rupe summed it up pretty nice. I'll just add this:
Sorry to @Tony Wiltshire for the contact in the chicane on first lap, second race (that was you in the red Cortina wasn't it?), was busy trying to not lose my car entirely and found out that we had connected by looking at the replay after the race. Also thanks for all the great racing later in the same race.

Again thanks to Rupe for setting up the premises for what became another evening well spent with the GT Legends legends of RD. Also thanks for the battles in race two, good fun and very good practice for me!
Erm, we had a cracking battle in the first race mate, we were both in Mustangs. You were nowhere to be seen in the 2nd race, I was in your dust.

Sorry it's me being very inconsistent and making it hard to read :p
Yeah the Mustang battle was in race 1, but on race two, lap one, when we where both in the Cortinas, on that hard chicane with the sand trap on the inside, I lost my car and on the replay I noticed that I was all over the place and a red Cortina coming from behind (who didn't eff up his entrance and thus carried a lot more speed) ran into me. I consider this my fault entirely though cos I was way out of shape, and whats more is that I should have waited and let him (you I think?) pass me due to club rules, but I actually didn't realise I was hit because I was so busy trying gain control of the car and not run into anyone in front.

Anyways it was mad fun both races, I had a terrible time in the Cortina during practice before Race1, but I somehow found my mojo during Practice 2 and the race went fairly well I reckon.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back