TC-65 lotus & Alfa @ Imola Tue 3rd Sept 2013

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC-65 Default Lotus Cortina & Alfa Romeo GTA
Track: Imola (default)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

------------------------- Race 1 ---------------------------------
Car: Lotus Cortina
Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 11 laps)
------------------------- Race 2 ----------------------------------
Car: Alfa Romeo GTA
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 ( 11 laps )

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL Please Read
Note 2: Only default liveries please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Race1 = Lotus / Race2 = Alfa.
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap and No In Lap, Press Escape). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Mike Bishop
  3. Jack Smith
  4. Justin Swan
  5. Rene van Zijp
  6. Andrew James
  7. Tony Wiltshire
  8. Peter van Zanten
  9. Antonio Tavares
  10. Denis Betty
  11. Graham Byford
  12. Jacob Boonstra
  13. Allan Ramsbottom
  14. Sakis Politis
  15. Hans Sneep
  16. Hiroshi Awazu
  17. Davy Vandevenne
  18. Eck Simpson
  19. Steven Walker
  20. Yves Larose
  21. Ken Hunter
  22. Roland Warmenhoven
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
Sorry if this is the wrong place to bring this up but are there any examples of cutting and what is/isn't allowed?

Is two whole wheels/tyres on the tarmac at all times (including the painted white line) a good general rule? Basically no part of the inside tyres should be past the white line assuming an inside cut.

I've not raced with the club before so I want to makes sure I'm driving fairly and within the rules, personally I hate cutting and wish sims addressed it more.
Will be only my 2nd GTL Racing Club event. When I first joined I was given this link - it's about Grand Prix Legends but the principles are the same. This is how I try and go about my driving.

http://wiki.grandprixlegends.info/index.php?title=GPL_Recommended_Driver_Behaviour

And yeah, two wheels inside the lines at all times I believe.

ok as you look at the track edge you see a white line it goes all round the track on both sides this is the white line we talk about. the pictures below the car is placed in the max positon off track the we would allow. yes there are times when you slide over this line .. but what we say is if this happens dont gain an advantage form this and no overtaking past this position of track. if you do this on a few corners a little lift of the gas to show you know you went to fast ...:)
exception to the rule if cars crash in front of you you can drive over this area to go round them rather than crash into them:)

you may see cars on the server in practice time finding the correct lines through corners but on race day this white line rule will be used.
As you drive round the track every entry and exit is the same rule
click on the pictures to get them bigger
11.jpg 115.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg

the pictures above show the max the car can go off track when racing...
Yes you may see drivers wider than this mistakes may happen but this is the rule we follow:)

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures and post, looks like I may have to be more conservative at the chicane at the top of the hill, I find it quite difficult from within cockpit view to judge where my wheels are as it comes at you fast and has quite a tight angle. From looking at the pictures as long as any of the car and wheels doesn't go beyond the white kerbing my inside wheels should stay inside the white lines.

I'm having a somewhat bad day, and running on about 5 nights of very little sleep. So, I think I'm going to crash on the sofa this evening, instead of into another driver. Have a great race all.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 195 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 380 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 518 38.6%