TC-65 lotus & Alfa @ Imola Tue 3rd Sept 2013

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC-65 Default Lotus Cortina & Alfa Romeo GTA
Track: Imola (default)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

------------------------- Race 1 ---------------------------------
Car: Lotus Cortina
Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 11 laps)
------------------------- Race 2 ----------------------------------
Car: Alfa Romeo GTA
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 ( 11 laps )

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL Please Read
Note 2: Only default liveries please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Race1 = Lotus / Race2 = Alfa.
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap and No In Lap, Press Escape). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Mike Bishop
  3. Jack Smith
  4. Justin Swan
  5. Rene van Zijp
  6. Andrew James
  7. Tony Wiltshire
  8. Peter van Zanten
  9. Antonio Tavares
  10. Denis Betty
  11. Graham Byford
  12. Jacob Boonstra
  13. Allan Ramsbottom
  14. Sakis Politis
  15. Hans Sneep
  16. Hiroshi Awazu
  17. Davy Vandevenne
  18. Eck Simpson
  19. Steven Walker
  20. Yves Larose
  21. Ken Hunter
  22. Roland Warmenhoven
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
We are using IMOLA for the month and we will be using all the cars form the default section of the TC-65 folder, The server will be set up so all cars can be picked from this class,
Abarth 1000TC - #450
Mini Cooper - #590, 592, 593, 594, 595, 597
Alfa Romeo GTA - #907, 918, 922, 956, 958
Lotus Cortina - #901, 902, 904, 911, 913, 921, 923, 924, 955, 961
Jaguar MkII - #390, 850
Ford Falcon - #825, 872
Ford Mustang - #809, 890, 891, 892, 893, 894, 896, 897

You a welcome to use any cars from the above on the server out of official practice times. IE. Race day 19:00 GMT
if you wish to race on other days that is also possible all you need to do is post in this section that you want to race and see if any turn up, you can Tag drivers to see if there interested in joining you, if you also just wan to practice
I will be racing on the normal days every week Tuesday and Thursday, and usually on the servers at other times to practice.
Set up for these cars can be found HERE
But i would advise all to learn the track before spending time on making a setup. Just do the basics wheel, gears, and brakes.

We are not in the Racelog Ranking system as yet
If you would like to experience the system you can always drop into another club event through the week to see how it all works and how the events are set up.
Ftrucks, GSC, Rfactor2 , and Race07
Here is a run down of how it works in the other clubs this is an example of Race 07 run by Dennis

Schedule

The server will be online all week for practising. The server is setup with an extended first practice session of 165 minutes. Please only use this practice session when racing online for fun, do not vote it round to an official qualification or race sessions unless being asked to do so.

Week 36 Start Date: Monday September 2, 2013
Week 36 End Date: Sunday September 8, 2013

Race days for official ranked sessions
Note: There are no ranked sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Friday as on those days other cars may have their official races. (see other thread)

• Tuesday September 3
  • Thursday September 5
  • Saturday September 7
Time schedule for official ranked sessions
  • Qualification: 19:00 GMT
  • Race Starts: 19:30 GMT
  • Race Ends: 20:00 GMT
Information
Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
Password: Click here for the server password
RaceLog: After each session your fastest laptime, result and rank are published inside the RaceLog system. Click here or quickly navigate to the RaceLog section of your choice via the navigation button on the site and forums
Discuss, support, encourage and share!
This event thread will be the central thread for discussions this week.

You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Place an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification or just leave a post that you will be participating in the first upcoming race, and we very much like to see your race reports :)

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. Remember that first post where somebody else helped you for the first time, helping is nice!

If you are interested in following the same procedure please leave a comment if you want.
As i have stated above we already have the server up and running so the only thing we dont use use the race log.
We do use the track for a longer period as we have a greater selection of cars to use and as asked for by you guys
a longer time to learn the tracks and improve your racing.

And a final word for GTL

Our Special Endurance Events will still be taking place as normal as will the occasional Time Attack.
i am still hoping to have a league at the end of the year but as to how complex this will be depends on how much is completed.

1. A simple single car league Endurance style
  2. 8 cars 8 tracks each event you will have to use a different car (no car can be used more than once)
  3. A re-run of a previous league and you will be asked to pick a different car to the one previously used

Last edited:
SERVER IS UP

Remember you can use every car from the default class TC-65
to practice with on the server , as we will be using the through the month. But we are racing the cars highlighted in red on race day
Abarth 1000TC - #450
Mini Cooper - #590, 592, 593, 594, 595, 597
Alfa Romeo GTA - #907, 918, 922, 956, 958
Lotus Cortina - #901, 902, 904, 911, 913, 921, 923, 924, 955, 961

Jaguar MkII - #390, 850
Ford Falcon - #825, 872
Ford Mustang - #809, 890, 891, 892, 893, 894, 896, 897

Last edited:
Dont forget to post guys when you go on the server for practice maybe others will join you:)

This track is fun to drive might take a few laps to get the feel of it though And through the month the lap times will drop and the racing get closer as you find the best lines through the corners and breaking points.:)

I was on the server last night with
@Steven Walker and @Allan Ramsbottom It was a nice bit of practice, took the Abarth TC to the limit for me but was still 2 seconds off Steven in the alfa.
Looks like Allan was getting up to speed real quick with Steven's help.:thumbsup:
Hopefully we will see you on track real soon Allan and you can meet the rest of the guys form GTL. Good to hear a voice you on T/speak also:thumbsup:

Ok guys as usual with this track there is one chicane that can cause a problem in races, it has in the past so lets look at some simple rules to make the event run smoother.
111.jpg
Its a simple solution if your not in front (not side by side) but in front of the car by the time you hit the red zone pull back in line and use your speed on the exit of the corner, Side by side will not work in this corner, and the following cars are going to fast to adjust there line and will crash into you.
So please No side by side in the chicane!!
(your: you as in the overtaking car)
Remember the white line rule is in effect for the whole of the track
2 wheels are to be kept on the track (grey stuff) at all times. All 4 wheels must not go past the white line that runs round each side of the track.
So be carefull in the chicane and the rest of the track.. The green astro turf and kurbs are not part of the track we race on with 4 wheels.

i do realise mistakes can happen and we end up running wide but no advantage is to gained from this, and especially no overtaking this way.
and again going 3 or 4 wide into a corner is going to end in disaster, so lets all think of the bigger picture and race clean and fair so we all Finnish.
i have put us all in the same cars for the first 2 races to stop the Falcon effect of powering by on the straight and stopping mid corner ..

hope you all enjoy the track..

Last edited:
In pls Rupe.

Btw, another tip for the chicane: try not to enter in full deceleration especially if you put 2 wheels over the kerbs, as it can upset the car making hard to hold it on the track. Instead, it's better to try to maintain a minimum amount of throttle until you are out on the right side and have a straight ahead line to floor the throttle.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to bring this up but are there any examples of cutting and what is/isn't allowed?

Is two whole wheels/tyres on the tarmac at all times (including the painted white line) a good general rule? Basically no part of the inside tyres should be past the white line assuming an inside cut.

I've not raced with the club before so I want to makes sure I'm driving fairly and within the rules, personally I hate cutting and wish sims addressed it more.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 267 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 176 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 178 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 235 13.5%