TC-65 Jag MKII vs Jag MKII 4.2 @ Zolder Tue 13th Aug 2013

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65 - Jaguar Mk2 (default + skinpack) vs Jaguar MKII 4.2 ( Download )
Track: Zolder Default track

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

------------------------- Race 1 ---------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 13 laps)
------------------------- Race 2 ----------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 ( 13 laps )

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL Please Read
Note 2: only use the liveries that are provided please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 = JAG MKII / Race2 = JAG MKII 4.2, Even number vice versa.
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson JAG MkII / JAG MKII 4.2
  2. Hans Sneep JAG MKII 4.2 / JAG MkII
  3. Simon Bacon JAG MkII / JAG MKII 4.2
  4. Jack Smith JAG MKII 4.2 / JAG MkII
  5. Antonio Tavares JAG MkII / JAG MKII 4.2
  6. Warren Dawes JAG MKII 4.2 / JAG MkII
  7. Steven Walker JAG MkII / JAG MKII 4.2
  8. Driver JAG MKII 4.2 / JAG MkII
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
I know one is a little quicker but, the fun will be can the quicker guys keep up in the slower Jag.
if the not as quick guys in the faster Jag can hold there line and not go off track it might put us all on a level the playing field.

Finding the right words can be hard when you not trying to say the word "Slower driver"..
Damn i just said it .......:mad: you guys know what i mean:p

Last edited:
Well.... It was a last minute request to join tonight's race because the BOSS was dragging her feet, but finally prized permission out of her. Good job too because I had put a couple of hours of practice in in anticipation (of course) of the possibility of a positive response.;)

Race 1: Started with the standard MK2 Jag and thought, judging by other peoples practice laps, I could be quite competetive. I managed to bag myself 2nd place on the grid and not having practiced a standing start, I managed to draw alongside Warren from the green light.I had the inside but was unsure of how to take the first bend as tightly as I needed so I braked early and ceeded the place to him (better that than taking it too hot and pushing him wide). Kinda wish I hadn't because he went and left everyone else for dead. I managed to keep him in sight till around lap 6 or 7 but he was just too fast and all that was left for me to do was to try and keep The Rupe behind me. Managed to keep him behind me till about lap 11 when I made a couple of minor mistakes and lost momentum which let him get alongside me into the second chicane. Great driving on both parts meant we were side by side through that section but I had to give way as I could not put the power down without spinning the rear end up and I lost second place......bugger :mad:. So I finished in 3rd spot and thorougly enjoyed the battle between us.

2nd Race: Managed to get pole position in the 4.2L and had no idea how it would get off the line but judging by how it got out of the pits I thought that it would be a ticklish clutch kinda start (if you know what I mean). To my absolute surprise I got it spot on and got a rocket of a start and found myself with a very comfortable lead within the first minute/lap. I must admit that by about half race distance my concentration started wandering and my lap times started dropping but that , as it turned out, was good for me because it revitalised my lap times and concentration which meant that I finished in 1st place. WOOHOO!

Well done to 2nd and 3rd and great race by the rest. Thoroughly enjoyable evening again gents and hope to see you in Zandvoort!:thumbsup:

There's nothing like thrashing the ol' gangster saloon around a racetrack to put a smile on your face. :)
Despite Rupe's concern that the 4.2 Jaaaaag might be superior to the default MkII Jaaaaaag, these two cars were actually closely matched on Zolder. If anything, I was slightly quicker in the MkII because you could push it more confidently, it's handling was ideally suited to this track. The 4.2 needed a little more care with a slightly looser tail end.

Race 1 in the 4.2 was pretty lonely, after I jumped away early and didn't make any mistakes.

Race 2 in the MkII was heaps more fun, due to starting at the back with Rupe. We both had some close laps behind Antonio, who was proving tricky to pass, driving nice tight lines. Rupe managed to pull off an impressive pass on Antonio through the first chicane (I didn't think it would be possible there :cool:), and started pulling a gap to us both. After a couple more laps, I found a pass on Antonio and set off after Rupe again. We both settled into a good rhythm, nose to tail, when Rupe mentioned over TS that "we're catching Steven". Steven replied with some cheek about taking things easy to let us catch up :p . At that point I think Rupe and I started pushing harder, but then fell over each other in the process and making little mistakes. With a few laps to go, Rupe let me by to see if I could catch the cheeky bugger out front. I managed to reduce the gap to under 2 secs but ran out of laps.
Well done Steven, but Rupe and I might want to get revenge if you stir us up like that. ;) :roflmao:

As usual, I loved the Jaaaag's, the most under-rated car in GTL. Great fun.
Thanks to the others who joined, and thanks again to Rupe for organising.

Last edited:
I had two good starts only to lose it in the early parts of the races and had to fight from behind both times. I had good battles with Hans and Simon along the way. Only regret is that my back did start to give me trouble again. It seems the physical setup I have now puts too much stress on my hips and back.

Thanks to Rupe for the hard work, wd to all podiums, especially Warren and Steve, cheers to all drivers for the fun racing.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 269 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.0%