TC-65 Ford falcon Rallye Sprint @ MT Panomara 67 -Tue 30 April 2013

Endurance.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65 Ford falcon Rallye Sprint ( Download ) Extra liveries ( Download )
Track: MT Panorama 67 - 6.21km ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
This is a Endurance event :
Qualification start time: GMT 19.00 ( 30 min )
Race start time: GMT 19.30 (23 laps)

Note 1: Ford falcon Rallye Sprint with the liveries that come with the mod and the extra set from the second download
Note 2: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Knut Omdal Tveito
  3. Tim Ling
  4. Jack Smith
  5. Peter van Zanten
  6. Hans Sneep
  7. Yves Larose
  8. Philip Brown
  9. Andreas Löffler
  10. Neil Gault
  11. Warren Schembri
  12. Antonio Tavares
  13. Jorge Ferreira
  14. Roland Warmenhoven
  15. Mate Orban
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Rupe, have you tried looking for used ones? With the release of Clubsport Pedals V2, I suppose many people will be selling their old V1's, which are very good (I have one and recommend it).
In simracingtonight website there is, I believe, a section for used simracing hardware. ;)

Must admit ive been browsing the Fanatec site dreaming about some new pedals, then reality kicks in
I cant afford it..:(

My advice; don't buy pedals from fanatec! Bought club-sports 2 years ago and they constantly failed, even after fitting new parts. Eventually I just gave up and now use the standard G27 pedals. When they worked they were brilliant though. Others may have had different experiences...

omg that was so much fun :) i had a blast.

Qualy: took the pole in the few last minutes with my PB.

Race: started on pole but lost first place to Mate before T1 but had a gap to Andreas in third so all was fine. for the next few laps i was folliwing Mate closely but wasn't able to make a move for the lead until coming up the back straight at the braking point of the final corner i was able to outbrake Mate and put a move from the outside but i don,t know why he accelerate faster then me and was able to get infront of me before T1 so i was back to where i was at the start of the race. Around lap 8 or 9 Mate was about 1.5 infront of me when we came to the dipper where Tim had spun and i suddenly saw Mate in the grass and me spunned on the track and i was able to get going before Mate giving me a gap of around 5 seconds. i've pitted at the end of lap 13 while being in first place but i messed up my pitstop as i thought i had changed my enter key so my pitcrew stayed there doing nothing until i realized my mistake and hit enter so lost alot of time so when i came out of the pit i was in 4th place with Andreas, Antonio and Mate ahead of me. so i started pushing and doing qualy time laps after laps while Antonio and Mate were fighting for second place so i was cathing them slowly. suddenly coming up at T2 while being about 2 seconds behind Antonio i saw Andreas leave the race and Mate being side way on the inside of T2 giving Antonio first place and me in second. a lap later (i think) i was able to put a move on Antonio at the final turn but i went to heavy on the gas and spun at the exit putting me back in third place behind Antonio and Mate and a lap later Antonio spun at the dipper (i think) giving me second place and with 2 laps to go Mate had to retire from the race so i was back in first place with an 11 second lead on Neil so i decided to take it easy for those 2 laps and bring the car home nice and safe and took the win at the checker flag :)

thanks everybody who joined the event and thank RD and Rupe for making the event possible :)

Good race Yves! ;) I was hoping that your tires (I didn't change mine) wouldn't allow you to have enough confidence to overtake me, but the pressure made me make a mistake. I braked late for the corskscrew, went a little wide and found my car going over the armco barrier on the left side. From there I left to the grass, but the car slide to an area where I had absolutely no traction, and that was the end of my podium hopes.
But it was a great race overall, with lots of change of positions and the final decision in the last laps. Thxs all, I'm looking forward to next one! :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 288 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%