TC-65 Class @Donington Park GP -Tue 1st October 2013

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: 1RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC-65 Default class
Track: Doninginton Park GP(default)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

------------------------- Race 1 ---------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 13 laps)
------------------------- Race 2 ----------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 ( 13 laps )

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL Please Read
Note 2: Only default liveries please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: You must choose a different car for each race
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe wilson
  2. Andrew James
  3. Hans Sneep
  4. Mike Bishop
  5. Antonio Tavares
  6. Milos Litavec
  7. Krzysztof Babij
  8. Paul Bennett
  9. Denis Betty
  10. Jack smith
  11. Ken Hunter
  12. Allan Ramsbottom
  13. Steven Walker
  14. Roland Warmenhoven
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
Rules:
Below are the cars you can choose from. Next week you have to choose 2 different cars. you cant pick a car you have already used, Only when you have used every car can you start again.:)
Abarth 1000TC -
Mini Cooper -
Alfa Romeo GTA -
Lotus Cortina -
Jaguar MkII -
Ford Falcon -
Ford Mustang -

Its up to you guys to pick your cars

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
thanks Guys :thumbsup:

over the past few months we have had quite a few new drivers joining us in gtl so this was a way of getting them up to speed with the default tracks and cars with the odd mod thrown in just to mix it up a bit.
After Christmas we can start to introduce some new stuff.
My health has not been the best these past few months also. So planning stuff and trying to get a league or new series sorted out has also had its problems. I did have a good selection of stuff up my sleeve as they say but this is slowly running out so its time to look for new and fresh stuff. I still have a good back catalogue of stuff from over the years to play with that you guys wont of raced yet, so dont panic we still have lots of stuff to try new and old. :)

Latest list :-

Entry List:
  1. Rupe wilson
  2. Andrew James Can't attend
  3. Hans Sneep
  4. Mike Bishop
  5. Antonio Tavares
  6. Milos Litavec
  7. Krzysztof Babij
  8. Paul Bennett
  9. Denis Betty
  10. Jack smith
  11. Ken Hunter
  12. Allan Ramsbottom
  13. Steven Walker
  14. Roland Warmenhoven
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver

A good nights racing was had at Donny Park one of my favs. Done a bit of a tweek on my g-card now getting a better frame rate and gaining a few seconds on track.
Race 1, Alfa great little car when you get it right
Race 2, Mustang had a lost it twice coming down the hill :rolleyes: but was having a little battle with Milos in the Cortina he got me on the corners then I hit the load pedal :)

Donington is well known territory for most of us I guess, but it's still tricky to get just right. And the Falcon is always fun to drive, pretty much in the same spirit as last Sunday's event.:D
As Donny is quite muscle-friendly, I managed to park it in 3rd spot for R1, behind Stevens Mustang and lightning quick Krzysztof's Alfa.
At the start tho, the Alfa was no match for loads of Ford torque, so headed into turn 1 in 2nd place chasing Steven. Managed to stay close for some time while having some great fun fighting off Krzysztof who was quicker around most of the track. But my loud pedal being second to none and the Falcon being wide made him struggle to get by me until way past the halfway mark. After that I could stay on his tail for a few laps until I underestimated tyre wear coming through the chicane and spun:(. Then had a bit lonely drive to finish in 3rd! Another podium finish!!:)

Once more I couldn't stick around for R2 :( but it was good fun. Hopefully R2 was as much fun to you guys as my appearance on TS was apparently as from what you told me I was making all kinds of funny noises where on my end all seemed fine:confused:
No I was not on drugs or helium, honestly :D

THX all for racing, and get back soon Rupe, we miss you!

All the tracks we've raced for the past few months since I joined have been great tracks but Donnington is one of the REALLY great tracks.

Race 1 was a challenging one because after qualifying second to @Krzysztof Babij I used the big block up front to good advantage and after getting first place before turn 1 I quickly pulled out a gap of a second or 3 while @Roland Warmenhoven and Krzysztof battled it out. I say it was a challenge because I have a tendancy to let my concentration slip when not close to anyone. This means I make little mistakes and start losing a tenth here and a hundredth there which allows people to catch up to me. This is what happened after Krzysztof finally got past Roland and by the last lap he was right on my exhaust pipe. The last bend on the last lap saw me go a little wide and Krzysztof shot through like a whippet ;) Thank goodness I had that big V8 as all I needed to do was get a decent drive out of the corner and comfortably took the place back before the finish line.:thumbsup:

I think for Race 2 I qualified second again next to @Antonio Tavares. Again I managed to get a good start and was first into turn 1 but that wily old fox Antonio took a slightly different line and was able to get good acceleration out of the turn which put him on the inside for the run down the hill. :ninja: I couldn't quite match his speed so I dropped in behind him ... and that's where I stayed for the rest of the race. I kept trying to close in several times hoping he would make a mistake but he didn't and I finished in 2nd.

Well done all and it was great to race with you.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back