TC-65 Class @Donington Park GP -Tue 15th October 2013

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: 1RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC-65 Default class
Track: Doninginton Park GP(default)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

------------------------- Race 1 ---------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 13 laps)
------------------------- Race 2 ----------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 ( 13 laps )

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL Please Read
Note 2: Only default liveries please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: You must choose a different car for each race
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Ruper wilson Abarth/ mini
  2. Hans Sneep Alfa / Mustang
  3. Steven Walker Cortina / Mini
  4. Antonio Tavares Jag / Mini
  5. Markus Hakamo Mustang / Falcon
  6. Allan Ramsbottom Cortina / Alfa
  7. Jack Smith Alfa / Jag
  8. Roland Warmenhoven Cortina / --------
  9. Milos Litavec Mustang /Falcon
  10. Dave Flowers Alfa / Mustang
  11. Hiroshi Awazu ------ / Cortina
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qually you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers get out on track with them watch how they drive,
you cant race with guys you have not seen drive. WE all brake a little different and drive the corners different , get used to how they drive and then we can all race safer.
if you drop out of the server during qually you can return
Below are the cars you can choose from. Next week you have to choose 2 different cars. you cant pick a car you have already used, Only when you have used every car can you start again.:)
Abarth 1000TC -
Mini Cooper -
Alfa Romeo GTA -
Lotus Cortina -
Jaguar MkII -
Ford Falcon -
Ford Mustang -
Its up to you guys to pick your cars but you cant use the same car again until you have driven them all

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fun Race night again :) Thank You Rupe and Gents, congrats for podium!

R1 Q lap With Mustang was just right and started P2, but went wide in first corner and dropped to P5. Quite for a while I drove between two Alfas (@Jack Smith and @Dave Flower ), but started to struggle with rear tyres, eventually settled badly under hairpin braking after chicane giving Dave an easy pass.

R2 I tried last minute setup change for Falcon to cope with understeer, but I did not even complete outlap before it was time for Quali. I decided take risk and try setup in Quali and then decide about the race. But maybe due to changed balance I run off during timed lap... :confused:

Race 2 went better and again Dave put good pressure on me but this time I stayed in front until he got disconnected from the lobby (?). Right after that I was 5 seconds in P3 after @Steven Walker got disconnected on start/finish straight, but in T1 again suddenly lost rear and went to wall... :confused: Consequently @Antonio Tavares passed me and I limped to chequered flaq in P4.

Looking for next week:thumbsup:

Sorry i was a bit quiet last night i was doing a staff thing so was in another T/speak channel.
but the racing was fun in my little Abarth.. Once i got it off the line :redface: i know too much power :roflmao:
spent most of the race chasing down the guys in front, i felt like i was driving the wheels of the thing and the engine would explode any second. made up a few places after other cars had problems and then was left with a dirty big yank tank to race with.. Mustang vs Abarth that was fun...
Race 2
I was back from the meeting so t/speak was as colourful as ever. It was Mini time.
Had a good qually and spent the whole race chasing down Allan (captain fanantec)
after a nice little drive with Steve being very polite in the opening lap both of us trying to make a break from the field behind. i kept getting close to Allan as he had a few moments in his Alfa, but nothing that could warrant a serious challenge. so settled for a second place and took it home ...

all in all a good bit of fun...:)

Well done Allan on his double bubble wins, :thumbsup: (in his two fast cars):p

Last edited:
Again, a pleasant little race this was!:) The Cortina is a nice litle car although it doesn't feel as 'racy' to me as the Alfa does. But, its default setup is very good so I just went with that.

P1 didn't go that well, just couldn't get a clean full lap in, but Q1 was much better already and got me 4th place I think.
Race 1 start was nothing special, just Cortinas and Alfas in front of me so little chance of passing anyone at the start, however I did manage to come out of Turn 1 in 3rd, behind the two Cortinas of Allan and Steven, with Jack close behind.
And that's pretty much how it stayed all race long, with Allans and Stevens cars glued together and mine not far behind, just in front of Jacks Alfa.
Around lap 9 Steven had a slight mistake, allowing me to take 2nd from him, but about a lap later I did one myself so things were back to how they were before...
Near the end I started struggling a bit with my tyres:confused::O_o:which allowed Jack to close in pretty quickly but I managed to stay in 3rd until the end.

Not a very eventful race, but a pleasant, even somewhat relaxing drive nonetheless:sleep::laugh:

So Grats to Allan for the win, thanks all for racing, and hope to CYA on thursday!:thumbsup:

Been relatively new to RD,im enjoying the experience immensley :D..
My (was) best mate @Steven Walker,well he,s (STAFF) now :p,introduced me to this a few weeks ago.at first i was a little apprehensive :whistling:,but soon quickly overcame that by some of the great guys on the server. @Rupe Wilson doing an awesome job as team principle :thumbsup:;):),keeping us all in check,(well) trying to :whistling:.also now getting help from his new (BITCH),yes u no who you are..:sneaky::p:D..so all in all onwards and upwards...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:..

right...
last nights event...what can i say..
i saved the probably best 2 cars till last..
after pretty good qual times i found myself at pole an never looked back :laugh:.yes the all singing,dancing fanatec wheel with built in computer and blue l.e.d display,plus the expert tuition from our glorious leader @Bram Hengeveld steadied my nerves,relaxed my butt cheeks :whistling::laugh: helped me win the two races.... a couple of hairy moments, some great racing, a fantastic night yet again,looking forward to many,many more..a long way to go before i really get up there with the big boys flying around but in the mean time thouroughly enjoying myself,learning at every race,and having a great laugh to boot..:);):thumbsup:

Last nights race was good fun again and we had quite a mixed field.:thumbsup: When signing up I deliberately left choosing the Cortina until after the Premium Driving Academy. I'm really glad I took part in that as I definitely learned how to use this car properly. The default setup is damn good and allowed us to leave the rest of the pack behind.:p With Allan stretching his legs a bit up front and Roland keeping pace behind me in 3rd we went through the half way point of the race without much of a problem. Roland had been closing in and dropping back and closing in again for the last few laps but by about lap 9 he had really closed up on me and coming out of the penultimate hairpin I got a little bit of a slide on which allowed Roland to pass quite easily.:rolleyes: Normally I tend to try just that little bit harder to try and take the position back but I resisted that and kept a steady pace behind Roland. From my view behind him I could see that he was struggling more and more every lap as his tyres were wearing and I hoped he would make a mistake which he obligingly did a few laps later.:roflmao: And so that is how the race ended. Well done Allan and Roland for podiums.

Race 2 start saw myself and Rupe side by side going into turn 1 in the minis in hot pursuit of Allan in the Alfa. Dave tried to get between us on the run down to the bend but thankfully he realised that it wouldn't have been the best move to try to go three abreast through there.:thumbsup: Once he had dropped back Rupe slid in behind me on the run down the hill and we set off after Al but coming out of the first hairpin Rupe had a good run on me and passed before the last hairpin.:notworthy: From there on all I could do was watch them both gradually disappear into the distance until about lap 11 or 12 when I got a disconnect along with Dave who said he got disconnected a lap later. Incidentally we both use the same ISP so it was their fault and I was more than a little miffed at that.:mad:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back