TC-65 Abarth Simca 1150SS @ Killarney - Tue 28th May 2013

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC-65 - Abarth Simca 1150SS ( Download )
Track: Killarney Motor Racing Complex (Download)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 9 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 1945 (10 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19:55 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20:05 ( 9 laps )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20:20 (10 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20:30 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20:40 ( 9 laps )

Note 1: We will use the same car for All 3 races
Note 2: only the skins that come with the mod please, and lets try and use all the liveries for a colourful grid.
Note 3: Unpack the mod into your main GT Legends folder where the GTL.exe sits
Note 4: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 5: We run a superpole qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront
you don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action..
Note 6: Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways.Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved partial overlap fairly. AndThe kerbs are not deemed as track, therefore 2 wheels must be within the white lines, on the tarmac, At All Times..

Note 7: If you want to join these events on Race night you must sign up.
Real names must be used on ALL RACEDEPARTMENT SERVERS
If you join during qually please do not use in game chat, until the qually is over.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Hiroshi Awazu
  3. Hans Sneep
  4. Tim Ling
  5. Steven Walker #140
  6. Rene van Zijp #47
  7. Brian Harlow
  8. Antonio Tavares #27
  9. Paul M Jones
  10. John de Smet
  11. Jorge Ferreira
  12. Roland Warmenhoven #105
  13. Jack Smith #33
  14. Warren Schembri #209
  15. Krzysztof Babij
  16. Paulo Borges
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Driver
  30. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

From Abarth Simca 1150 Readme:

"NOTE:
- this car works fine with original, unmodified GT Legends, but to get all out of it, you will need upcoming menu patch, which enables 6th gear ratio setup in car setup screen. (Info and link will be posted to comments later on when it's available.)"

Is this patch available somewhere?

As much as I'd have loved to, unfortunately it is time to :sleep::sleep: for me.
I've done 3 races tonight already with you guys and it was an absolute blast as usual. This car is another little gem and this track just won't let you down:thumbsup:
I even found some time to do practice last night with Antonio and Warren, and it may have helped, 'cos besides coming in 5th and 4th, I also managed to win race 2!!:)

BIG Thanks Rupe for another ace event, keep them coming please! And thanks to all you regulars here at the club:notworthy: , 'cos it's you guys that make my racing nights so very, very enjoyable:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well that was fun. FUN FUN. Really enjoyed it, what a cracking little ugly car... the ugly duckling ..:roflmao:
But what a blast 4 cracking races good close battles plenty of slides. and to cap it off a classic last place start to take the win..Okey Steven ran out of fuel on the last bend. but ill take a win when handed on a plate.. this track is easy to remember but hard to get the max out of at times.. and these cars likes to hop skip slide you name it it does it but its just such good fun..
and as for the starts if you get them right its like a little rocket ship..
Roll on more 6 speed madness in the ugly duckling...:thumbsup:

thanks to all who turned up.. without you guys we would be racing on our own..
nice to see plenty of setups being passed around even if some were better than others...
Simca A seems to be popular... ( Steven )
but the default was also rather good with minor tweeks..

catch you all on Thursday for the Alfa... watch out for the gear changes there viscous at times...

Yes it was fun. It took me a while to warm up to the car but after some practice laps and trying a couple good setups from Steve and Rupe I finally ended up using the default setup with only some minor changes. A broken 6th gear on the G27 shifter forced me to use the paddle shifters .... which I was a little inefficient at, especially in the tight corners which hurt my results for most wins in a single event...;) . Still I did have some amazing moments racing with people but I was inconsistent. Well I can hear my wife banging on the cellar door...she wants out. She hates race night for some reason.

Oh what a blast I've had tonight. 4 amazing races and I screwed 3 of em up :cry:. I think I was fast enough to win em all but I made STUPID mistakes.

Race 1: Got a blinding start and was 1st into the first bend. 6 laps in with no-one in sight and my concentration started to go. Next thing I know Antonio was so close he could shove a spud up my exhaust. :roflmao: . Lost the lead on the last bend and on the last lap. :cry:. Well done Tonio.

Race 2: Not a very good qualifier saw me on the second row but another flying start saw me tangling with Rupe and Roland (I think) into the first bend. With those two dicing for position the pressure was off and all I had to do was wait for a mistake or two from them and sure enough there were a few which gave me the oppertunity to take the lead again. Lap 8 saw us catch the back markers at the beginning of the Start/ Finish straight. I decided to overtake on the left and with my foot planted to the floor I turned slightly to the left to pass. Completely unexpectedly my rear end went light and started to overtake my front end. I tried to correct it but it made it worse and sent me into a spin. :poop:. Finished 3rd in that one I think. Congrats to 1st and 2nd places. :sick:

Race 3: FINALLY! A win. :D. Grats to 2nd and 3rd spots.

Race 4: The less said about this race the better :speechless: . I wouldn't want to add fuel to the fire. :redface:

All in all yet another top night out. Thanks to Rupe and all who joined in.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%