Track: Mondello park short 1.146km
Track: Mondello part international 3.621km

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Times may vary a little but we have 2 sprint races and a feature race
for the feature race we will move to server 2

------------------------- Race 1 ---------------------------------
Track: Mondello Park Short
Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL1
Practice start time: GMT 20:00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20:20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20:30 ( 13 laps)
------------------------- Race 2 ----------------------------------
Track: Mondello Park Short
Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL1
Practice start time: GMT 20:45 (5 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20:50 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21:00 ( 13 laps )
------------------------- Race 3 ----------------------------------
Track: Mondello Park International
Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL2
Practice start time: GMT 21:00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21:10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21:20 ( 13 laps )

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES CLICK ME for GTL. Please read the rules they have been updated 6/11/2013 and post a reply that you have read and understood the rules
Note 2: please install both the skin pack and the sound pack
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: We will run both tracks short and long
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap). If you mess it up, tough luck!
Note 6: Watch your driving please.

Server password:
Click here
Racing rules: Click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Jack Smith
  3. Steve Walker
  4. Tim Ling
  5. Krzysztof Babij
  6. Tristan Clark
  7. Hans Sneep
  8. Warren Dawes
  9. Denis Betty
  10. Franklin Stegink
  11. Allan Ramsbottom
  12. Roland Warmenhoven
  13. Joao Ferreira
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qualifying you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers and get out on track with them, watch how they drive, you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
We ALL brake a little differently and drive the corners differently, get used to how they drive and then we can all race more safely.
If you drop out of the server during qualifying you can return.

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
Good fun once again, cheers to all who signed up!

Wasn't really in the best condition for racing this morning because of a late night last night, and it probably showed a little!

Straight onto the track for the second race was definitely an eye-opener. Unfortunate for @Rene van Zijp at the first corner, I was probably on the anchors a little early there and got hit from behind pretty forcefully into you. I think it was just a racing incident, but very bad luck for you. Ended up 4th - not really sure how!

Not enjoying my exceptionally rare experience with front-wheel drive, I was getting really fed up with the understeer on the international circuit, so I did the only reasonable thing to do and attempt to completely transform it into a rear-wheel drive car without doing any testing. I raised the rear ride height to full, strengthened the rear ARB + Springs to full, increased the rear tyre pressures to full, rear brake bias ETC.

Unsurprisingly in hindsight, that really turned out to be an extraordinarily dumb thing to do. I had to make crazy late turn-ins (apologies to all who might've been cut off by me) and somehow hold onto the thing through the rest of the corner. Steered my lemon onto the podium through sheer fortune and nothing else.

Congrats to both podiums, and hats off to pretty much everyone as the times were really quick and everybody was up the front at one stage or another. Some big improvement going on! Thanks to @Rupe Wilson and @Steven Walker once again.

Not enjoying my exceptionally rare experience with front-wheel drive, I was getting really fed up with the understeer on the international circuit, so I did the only reasonable thing to do and attempt to completely transform it into a rear-wheel drive car without doing any testing.

Lol Tristan, I hate to tell you this, but the Abarth is actually RWD. :p

The combo of these tricky little buzz-boxes on the tight Mondello track was always going to lead to plenty of action, and so it did. Probably a tad too much action (spins and accidents) for the purists, but still lots of fun.
I managed to get involved in a couple of those "accidents", so apologies to Rupe, and Steven for the spins I caused you. :redface: I'm now a bit unsure about Allan's spin at turn 1 lap 2 of Race 2, I didn't think I contributed, but looking at the replay, I can see a very slight touch on your tail entering the turn, but then you seemed to pull away through the turn ok, only to spin on exit. Sorry if I may have helped by unsettling you, I originally thought you went off on your own, but not sure now. :unsure:

I had plenty of good close racing with most of the drivers throughout the three races, so it was quite enjoyable.
Thanks to Rupe and Steve for planning and organising. :thumbsup:

These cars were really great fun, especially on the short track. Sorry for escaping in R1. I got a couple of nudges from the rear on the early laps and in my haste to catch up I span and ended up head on to the barrier and in the gravel. The leaders (on this short lap) were fast aproaching to lap me. The bottom lip came out and I hit esc, sorry.

R2 and thanks to the quick guys not quallifying I got a pole. I got a reasonable start but at the first corner I saw @Jack Smith closing fast. I felt that if I turned in there would be an accident so I left the door open. After watching the replay though, Jack had a better start than me and had every right to attempt the pass. I should maybe have just driven my line... there's a lesson for me there somewhere.

R3 on the International circuit was a blast. @Roland Warmenhoven was quickest in qually by a full second, so no surprises when he left me for dead in the first few laps. I was surprised when on around L4, and with a 3 sec lead, he took a detour. Hard lines Roland, I thought you had it in the bag. I was promoted to P1 for several laps with @Warren Dawes and @Franklin Stegink hunting me down. I think they were tripping over each other a bit so I ended up wide eyed and sweaty palmed for 6 or so laps, hoping that I could hold them off for the win. No chance, Franklin came flying by and took the apex on the left hander at the top of the hill. I tried to hold him off but left my breaking too late and took us both off. Sorry Franklin, but I think you still won. :thumbsup:

Thanks to Rupe and Steve for organising. I look forward to seeing you all next race.

Last edited:
Not my best night. In offline practice I was doing consistent times that would have put me near the front of the pack, but consistency disappeared last night. I'll put it down to being tired :sleep: Maybe I've been spoilt by the HistorX Abarths?
Still a lot of fun though. Had some running with @Jack Smith , @Rupe Wilson , @Steven Walker and others, so thank for all the hard work setting this up :thumbsup:

Oh joy, this Abarth to me is so much easier to drive than sunday's HistoriX one.
Which BTW does not at all mean that I can be consistent in it; this one too had me spining several times each race, but it still made for a fun drive and not a ridiculous me vs car battle like sunday.
So all these excursions made me drop from midpack to last in R1, and from 1st to midpack in R2, but who cares as at least I had loads of fun!

So thanks Rupe and Steven and everyone who raced..:thumbsup: and @Rene van Zijp good to see you again!

Just got back from Ottawa showing off my podium to the Prime Minister. We talked about the race over a bacon sandwich. He was very impressed.

Race 1 went just as I planned. Start near the back ..... wait for the first corner carnage and sneak into third place. Wait for number 2 to spin off and hang on until the end for a second place...... and believe it or not that is just how it happened. Man what a plan.

Race 2 doing ok but lost connection... seems a bit too convenient .... get a podium and next race get dicconnected .... hmmmmm.

Anyway, I had a very good start as stated by Denis and a little window opened for me to sneak past him in turn 1 giving me first place. I'm usually not that aggressive at the start but I went for it this time because I had good momentum. Checking replay It appears that I just got in there in time without fouling. Things were looking petty good until about the 190 second when I got disconnected.

Race 3. Got disconnected a few more times trying to get in ....got in just in time for the start of the race. I had a few laps fighting with Rupe at the first until he got by me and slowly moved on into the future. Roland had an off when he and I were negotiating a series of left handers. No contact was made but on replay I see he was trying to determine where the hell I was going and he got a little squeezed and got a little out of sorts and spun.... sorry mate ... I was a little erratic.
Now Tristan, Steve , and Tim were behind me and I was holding a fare gap on them for a while but I got a private PM from one of the staffers telling me spin off a few times or they were going to disconnect me again... so I did just that..... so Steve was able to catch and pass me. Then for some reason I had a bad spell involving several more spins... just to insure no disconnect. Eventually I was able to catch up to Tim and Rupe who both had self -inflicted wounds and I continued on to the finish in 7th I believe... a safe place for no disconnect.

Thank to Steve for the setup ... worked good for me. Thanks to Rupe for the event . Cheers to all drivers.

Last edited:
Once again this was a blast all night. Fabulous company and great racing (albeit interspersed with a few hiccups)

Race 1 & 2 were short sprints which led to fairly close frantic/action and after getting caught up in the R1 T1 mess things picked up and I had a massive smile on my face the rest of the night.

Race 3 was around the International circuit so it spread the field out a bit which allowed a more measured approach to overtaking. I elected to start from the back again and, knowing from previous visits to this track that there was no real rush to gain places, I took my time and didn't take many risks for the first four laps or so. By this time the field had spread out enough to be able to start the push.:cool:
Everything was going pretty well until I caught up with Tristan who seemed to be struggling a bit (I thought he'd brought that kitchen sink with him again:roflmao:) but I eventually found a gap and moved in front, carrying on until I came upon Jack who also seemed to be struggling and had a few moments with him until an opportunity presented itself so I took it.;)
Next in line was the convoy of 4 who were following nose to tail. It looked great as I got closer but all of a sudden Warren and Rupe had a little spin and I sailed past to close in on Denis and Franklin. A lap later and both of them had a little spin also but by this time I was a little too close to take avoiding action and slamming on the brakes in a panic just sent me in a straight line onto the grass right next to them.:roflmao: I tried driving round the back of Denis to regain the track but Franklin beat me to it and unfortunately there were too few laps left to try for 1st place so 2nd was the best I could hope for. Not too bad from the back of the pack so I'm pretty chuffed with it.:cool:

Many thanks to everyone for turning up and racing with us. Hope to see you next race.:inlove:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back