TC-65 Abarth 1000TC @Dijon-Prenois -Tue 11th February

flyertc65.jpg

Server name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC-65 Abarth1000TC (Default)
Abarth skins (download)
Abarth sounds pack (Download)

Track: Dijon-Prenois short &long (default)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

------------------------- Race 1 ---------------------------------

Practice start time: GMT 20:00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20:20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20:30 ( 13 laps)
------------------------- Race 2 ----------------------------------

Practice start time: GMT 20:50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21:10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21:20 ( 13 laps )

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES CLICK ME for GTL. Please read the rules they have been updated 6/11/2013 and post a reply that you have read and understood the rules
Note 2: Only liveries that come with the mod please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: We will run both tracks short and long
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap). If you mess it up, tough luck!
Note 6: Watch your driving please

Server password:
click here
Racing rules:click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Hans Sneep
  3. Steve Walker
  4. Allan Ramsbottom
  5. Ariciuc Razvan
  6. Roland Warmenhoven
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qually you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers get out on track with them watch how they drive,
you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
WE all brake a little different and drive the corners different , get used to how they drive and then we can all race safer.
if you drop out of the server during qually you can return

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some good fun here :)

R1: somehow got pole-and everybody qualified too :cool: A good race, with lots of chasing people, then a last lap overtake for 3rd place...which didn't count as I had 4 wheels off track for the overtake :cry: @Ariciuc Razvan I'd just like to point out that I had no where else to go; even if I had braked hard, I would have hit you, which would have ruined all our races. However, I should have given the places back, so I apologise to Aric & Allan.:redface:

R2: messed up quali, then more than 1 mistake left me running around on my own. Just missed a spectacularly crashing Aric at the end of L1, but then trundled round until the end

Great cars and tracks.
Thought I might do better but somehow everybody was going 0.2s faster in the 1'st corner than me and I only managed to stay in the middle.
Nice fights in race1 with a surprise Tim Ling coming on the inside of me while i was on the inside of Allan, had to back off the throttle a bit.

Didn't expect to end race2 in just one lap, but missed my turn-in into the last corner and thought I could just make it on the run-off without lifting, well I was wrong and ended up doing a few acrobatics worthy of an olimpic medal.

Great fun!
Cheers

Great racing... nice track, and I must admit, this little car can be way more fun than I'd give it credit for. During P1 I did my best laps on middle gearing, despite overreving the car for more than half the home straight.
If this were HistorX, no chance the engine would have lasted this long:D.

Q1 wasn't great, and for R1 I changed to long gears like everyone else (chicken, I know:p)

Pretty soon I had a lengthy battle with Steven, with plenty of hilarious slipstreaming and my closest GTL finish ever: (this is at 180+ km/h)
abarthfinish.jpg

(That's me in the red car.. yup I won by 0:00.08 accoring to XD)

For R2, the longer layout, I decided to stick with middle gears, as the longer twisty section more than made up for top speed loss.. It did make the car a little more nervous though, and in Q2 I spun :( and started from 4th

No such problems in R2 though... my better acceleration proved very useful, and after some short fun with Allan and Steven I could start building a steady gap, so much that even a spin in the penultimate lap didn't endanger my lead:rolleyes:

So after a bit lonely race, I secured another win, making it my first ever double win in my RD racing history..
Dancing_banana.gif

So Thanks Steven for admin duties, and thx all for racing!
And welcome @Ariciuc Razvan , glad you enjoyed yourself. Shame your R2 was so short, it was a very impressive flight though:D

Wow! Race 1 was awesome. Once again Roland and myself were very close on pace which meant we were very close to each other on track and this proved to be the key to one of the closest finishes yet for me.:laugh: Sorry for the little tap half way through. I guess we were a little too close there.:whistling: Ariciuc wasn't far behind us and he even toke 1st place for a short while when me Roland touched. Well done Ariciuc.:thumbsup:

Race 2 was a different matter entirely. I started well but I did a 180 degree spin in turn 4/5 (down hill left) and ended up at the bottom of the hill facing the wrong way. Many apologies to Tim who couldn't avoid me, I had nowhere to go myself.:redface: This put me to the back of the pack but it was fun trying to find overtaking opportunities to get back up the field. Unfortunately Tim spun his car not long after and Hans got the exit of the last bend wrong (I think) and that meant I had Allan to chase down next.:D
This took quite a few laps but I eventually made the pass on the straight and set off after Roland who also had a spin not far from the end of the race. I had him in my sights by now and was stalking the prey when I had another of my many slides this race which put me off track and on the grass handing 2nd spot to Allan:mad::cry::laugh:

Still 3rd place was ok for me. The fun was in the driving anyway. Congratulations to Roland for his "Double Bubble". Well deserved mate. Thanks also to everyone that found time to join us and see you next time hopefully.:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back