Resource icon

Skins Tatuus Mclaren MP4-28 + JB Helmet 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
LOL Like I said I made the logo but should have placed it in another place also , I am not using 72 resolution anymore just tried 350 Resolution and now its perfect;)
Enkei_Logo.png

What resolution do you save your work in m8 , I have always been using default 72res , But you know the "N" That goes on the front part of the cockpit I saved that 3 times in 72 and looked shocking after saving it , I tried 350 and seemed fine , I might start using 4096 on all textures but try to go past 350 resolution and see where it ends maybe 1000 ?

500+ generally with an increase in texture size to boot.

All the logos I have don't even come close to fitting on an 8000 sized texture. Can normally only see about 1/4 of the logo.

I size them down to what I need.

500+ generally with an increase in texture size to boot.

All the logos I have don't even come close to fitting on an 8000 sized texture. Can normally only see about 1/4 of the logo.

I size them down to what I need.
Thank,s I must have been doing it wrong I only noticed on the smaller logos I like 4096 its double industry standards and its saves about 4 times faster than 8192 + 8192 the logos take twice as long to rework it takes my PC about 3/4 minutes to save 8192 but only about 30/40 seconds to save 4096 :thumbsup:

Tis okay. The blue part doesn't really show above the visor generally.....could do with being lowered down to the top of it a bit more. The whole design is too high....or just a bit big. The crown piece could do with being bigger which would do the job on sorting the layout for the rest of it out.

Face could do with darkening, and some sort of slight shadow fade around the edges.....the face actually looks like it's on the visor and not behind it like this.

Tis okay. The blue part doesn't really show above the visor generally.....could do with being lowered down to the top of it a bit more. The whole design is too high....or just a bit big. The crown piece could do with being bigger which would do the job on sorting the layout for the rest of it out.

Face could do with darkening, and some sort of slight shadow fade around the edges.....the face actually looks like it's on the visor and not behind it like this.
I thought it was too high but the top of the helmet only goes in one place , To make the crown bigger I would need to unwrap the crown around the top bit , And I feel a little gutted that the visor is mirrored from the left you can not place any real life visor stickers on them so disappointing m8 ,,
Untitled-2.png

I thought it was too high but the top of the helmet only goes in one place , To make the crown bigger I would need to unwrap the crown around the top bit , And I feel a little gutted that the visor is mirrored from the left you can not place any real life visor stickers on them so disappointing m8 ,,
View attachment 46739
Would have been easier with a wireframe also m8

I have never touched the face m8 , I tried to add Jenson Buttons face onto it , But some textures you can not apply , The visor is no good and the helmet as some flat spots on it , Nearly everything I have touched in the game all 3d models and textures there is flaws in everything, The helmet is actually my first one , I do not like how CM Have wrapped there textures I have started about 3 or 4 and lost interest too much warping going on , Why dont people just makes things simple, ?

Yep I found that out about the visor very very quickly, why I have only done limited stuff on my visors.
I know of the problem with the crown size as you well know. I think it's do-able, but would need to have more time spent on it.
Maybe make the band a bit wider and then that way make the vodafone a bit larger....that might help.

Yep I found that out about the visor very very quickly, why I have only done limited stuff on my visors.
I know of the problem with the crown size as you well know. I think it's do-able, but would need to have more time spent on it.
Maybe make the band a bit wider and then that way make the vodafone a bit larger....that might help.
Some strange wrapping on helmets m8 , That crown is a little small lol

CM's helmets are actually quite good if you know how to work them.

I got to say, not too overly impressed with this particular helmet model.....almost seems like an after thought when you see the standard of the car models.

CM's helmets are actually quite good if you know how to work them.

I got to say, not too overly impressed with this particular helmet model.....almost seems like an after thought when you see the standard of the car models.
I think they found them helmets m8 , Also they wrap the wireframes really weird its like they do not want you to edit the textures at all , That new lotus as wild UVW unwrapping have you seen it m8 , I wish that they provided wireframes for all the cars and not just 2 of them

Do you like that crown I did m8 I made that first with the aero part that is why the rest of it was close to the top or there would have been a lot of space in between the 2 textures , I found that sumo on a real helmet a cut it out then made the rest :)

Yep it's good for a first attempt.
Just wish Kunos would invest a little more time in the modelling of the helmets.....they don't look too good whilst driving open tops.

Does this look better m8 , I have finished all the rescaling and now need to add 2 Vodafone logo near the top and 2 Mobile 1 logos on the mouth piece and then maybe the vodafone icon in the top bit as well:thumbsup:
2013-12-16_00002.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing