AC Tatuus Formula Abarth @ Spa - Sat 13 Dec 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Teamspeak never disconnects, I can rejoin immediately after the AC disconnect. It is kinda weird. Its like a momentary hiccup that is enough to disconnect me from the server. I have been capturing video when it has happened and my ping never fluctuates. Right at disconnect the connection quality (according to AD may dip to like 80) and then it disconnects.

I'm crossing my fingers hoping that it is a problem with the netcode in AC....but on the other hand if was something to do with the netcode, then I would have expected more people to be having the same problem.

Teamspeak never disconnects, I can rejoin immediately after the AC disconnect. It is kinda weird. Its like a momentary hiccup that is enough to disconnect me from the server. I have been capturing video when it has happened and my ping never fluctuates. Right at disconnect the connection quality (according to AD may dip to like 80) and then it disconnects.

I'm crossing my fingers hoping that it is a problem with the netcode in AC....but on the other hand if was something to do with the netcode, then I would have expected more people to be having the same problem.
Isn't it a firewall issue? When playing online on my ps3 some time ago it caused some random trouble too. Try open up AC ports (or setting your pc to DMZ mode, if you want to take the risk:D) in your router. Had some work but after that games were working fine. Try opening steam ports too.

I'll have to take a look at that.

You know I forgot something. In the earlier RCs I had that strange issue that the server wouldn't see me anymore. I would have a momentary glitch, cars would warp for a second, and all information from the server would be lost. What was weird about it is that everyone else could see me fine, I could see everyone fine, but the server didn't know I was there. If I was in practice, it wouldn't forward me to qualifying or the race when it ended.

In the latest RC, this doesn't happen any more, but I have this feeling that they never really "fixed" it. Instead of the strange driving limbo mentioned above, now the server just disconnects the client. That kinda makes sense on what is happening. I'll try opening up some ports and see if anything changes in my next race.

I'll have to take a look at that.

You know I forgot something. In the earlier RCs I had that strange issue that the server wouldn't see me anymore. I would have a momentary glitch, cars would warp for a second, and all information from the server would be lost. What was weird about it is that everyone else could see me fine, I could see everyone fine, but the server didn't know I was there. If I was in practice, it wouldn't forward me to qualifying or the race when it ended.

In the latest RC, this doesn't happen any more, but I have this feeling that they never really "fixed" it. Instead of the strange driving limbo mentioned above, now the server just disconnects the client. That kinda makes sense on what is happening. I'll try opening up some ports and see if anything changes in my next race.
Did you open up a ticket in AC official forum? There have to be some sort of log files that devs could read, something like ..\Documents\Project CARS\dbgSession folder in pCars?

Yea I opened a thread on the original problem a while ago. There were several others who had posted the same problem (not being able to go to the next session). Kunos labeled the thread "We're working on it" but there hasn't really been any updates from them on the status.

hopefully after a Rage Format of my pc...all my Lag/micro stutters issues are gone! I realised that I used to have ATI card that died and replaced with NVidia, im sure that even removing the old drivers and replacing with new ones there was a conflict or two. have been testing tonight and Sim runs great! better than ever. happy days!

@Michael Burke was on my gearbox coming to Eau Rouge, but then I did not know what happen. I did not got hit or anything but saw him wildly spinning on the back. Michael, I am really sorry if it was my fault, but I had no contact at all and I think there was not even any kind of warp.
No not your fault, I got alongside you on the left into Eau Rouge but you got ahead of me halfway up the hill (my line was very wide) and took the racing line, I had to go up on the curb which pretty much meant all four wheels off the ground and the car just spun around a couple of times. I should have waited for the straight instead of making that move but I caught up quickly coming up to Eau rouge and went for the impossible pass instead. Live and learn. :laugh:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%