AC Tatuus Formula Abarth @ Spa - Sat 13 Dec 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hey guys, really fun race. When I was able to rejoin and get into position, I forgot to change setups from default - but it didn't seem to make it too bad. Was in good chase after my pit, and holding P12 - when my wife decided to run the microwave and tripped our circuit. *Poof* All gone.

Oh well, my boy is eating his lunch now. Might as well go and join him. Have a great balance of the race. Sorry for the early retirement. <sigh>

Fritz

Is anybody using the Spotter app? I was using it some three months ago and it always gave me ctd's but installed it again today and here i go, ctd again. So, do you use it or not?
Anyway, forgot :roflmao: to downshift in lap 3 La Combe which sent me off the track and destroyed both front and rear bumpers, went to pits only to touch the La Source wall and destroy :mad: the front bumper again in next lap (60kmh touch should not turn it red i guess). Ghostbusters, here i come :(.

Great race, despite fighting issues from the beginning... Energy drop, wheel not responding, TS down, hope I don't get this again:(. At least it didn't cause a issue that couldn't be solved. Had a great time chasing @Giuseppe Marconi couple of times, but lack of consistency spun my fun off (literally:p). See you guys next time!

Last edited:
Great race, despite fighting issues from the beginning... Energy drop, wheel not responding, TS down, hope I don't get this again:(. At least it didn't cause a issue that couldn't be solved. Had a great time chasing @Giuseppe Marconi couple of times, but lack of consistency spinned my fun off (literally:p). See you next time!
eh my game crashed at lap 2.....today it happened twice is it possible that is due Ferito's blue flag apps?
Used it for 2 races already and nothing happened, just had issues this race. but i doubt it was because ferito's app.

Nice driving Niko. It was a fun race. And abarth seems to be nice car to race. Drove my first laps with it just before I signed to race :)

Who was it in top 5 that spun in early laps? I was coming sixth and dodged him and ended up in a wall my self. Well... thats racing :thumbsup:
But real fun to drive. Thanks everyone!

Is anybody using the Spotter app? I was using it some three months ago and it always gave me ctd's but installed it again today and here i go, ctd again. So, do you use it or not?

I have been using it for several months without a problem. Do you use the OV1 app? I remember seeing over on the AC forum that it causes problems with several different apps if you have them running at the same time. If you have OV1 installed, that is probably the problem.

First off, apologies to @Jean Fournier, I tried a risky move when I shouldn't have and didn't stay inside like I wanted to. Should have waited for a better opportunity to pass.

Stupid me hit the exit button instead of the return to pits button and I had my qualifying time wiped out because of booking mode :/. Started at the back of the pack, and finished 10th. I should be happy, but I'm not. There were several drivers I know are faster than me who were behind just because of racing incidents or because someone decided to play it tight on fuel again :roflmao: . Decided to start on mediums but I had absolutely no race pace in them. My best lap on the mediums was a 2:27.4. Pitted for gas and went with hard tires and every lap at the end I was in the 2:26s and 2:25s, almost broke into the 2:24s on the last lap. I need to figure out how to lower my times in the turns.

Thanks for the race @Akis Kevrekidis !

Gongrats to Niko, you were unstoppable :p. I had a pretty good race too. I spun 3 times, but I had excellent pace especially during the last half of the race, constantly 2.22s. Sorry to Akis, I thought you would have went back left to the normal racing line, but you stayed right and I lightly tapped you :(. I tried really hard to get 2nd, so hard that I spun on the last lap, but fortunately didn't lose a position and ended up 3rd.

Thanks for coming guys. A full grid race is always nice :D

Sorry to Akis, I thought you would have went back left to the normal racing line, but you stayed right and I lightly tapped you :(.
Well I was defending so I stayed on the inside. That tap turned my rear wing to a useless piece of shi.., sorry, metal :p. When I saw the red damage indicator I knew my race was pretty much over. You can't tap an open wheeler, even lightly. They are too sensitive.

Good race, I had two accidents that meant I finished dead last but fun while it lasted.
My first crash was up through Eau Rouge, I pretty certain it was Fernando beside me because I remember thinking "I'm mark Webber!" until I got to the top of the hill with nowhere to go, then I felt like a right Maldonado when I spun the car breaking the front and rear wings. I decided to carry on to lap 12 which was the least amount of laps I thought I could do for one pit stop.

I spent way to much time trying to figure out how much fuel to put in and came out lapped. I was faster than the guys around me but I was unlapping myself at that stage. I spun again towards the end of the race and Maldonado all the right side of my car and race over.

I need to stop chasing the car in front and just concentrate on my own pace. It's hard to do in the heat of the moment though.

Didn't get any replay file out of this race, just 2 seconds of the pit wall.

I have OVI app but i never had a crash before only some little stutterings....today i installed for first time flag app that's why i asked for. I had a big stuttering and then the game crashed with a windows error finishing at lobby.

Great race for me as well.Love Spa and the car,to many mistakes but faster then Quali at same laps.Grats Niko:thumbsup:
Actually this was my first race to here at Racedepartment ,like the gentleman driving, great lets do it again!

Just a reminder of the club racing rules.

Do not deliberately cut the track. The white (or yellow) lines mark the edge of the road. Do not cross them with more than two wheels.
It's ok to go wide a couple of times per race, but it's unacceptable to do it multiple times at each lap of the race.

cut_1.jpg

cut_2.jpg

cut_3.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline