Tatuus Formula Abarth 01 @ Donington Park GP

TL;DR: Help me improve my setup for this car/track combo so I don't suck it up on Sunday!

In light of the RD US Race Club's race this Sunday, and the fact that I didn't find a setup thread for this car/track combo already, I figured I'd start one up, throw in my current setup and see just how fast it takes one of our resident aliens to destroy my time and school me and others in the ways of bending a car's physical properties over their knee (hint: I'm merely fishing for a good setup... bonus points for an embedded video showing that setup breaking the sound barrier).

As you can see from a previous race here on RD for this combo, there were laptimes down in the 1.25 area... which I'm not even close to with my paltry 1.31 and change.

Edit: This is not me in the video. This is merely a link to a Youtube video featuring folks here from RD's Racing Club racing his car/track combo. I currently can't get lower than 1.29, and this video is full of 1.26 and down!

From watching this video, it looks like I need way more downforce to allow for me to keep it to the floor during a couple of turns I'm braking for currently. Or maybe not? You tell me!

Edit: And after LISTENING to the video I'm surprised people still use voice activation on their mics. :roflmao:

Attachments

• FormulaAbarth_1_31_407.ini
    1.4 KB · Views: 464
Last edited:
A number of changes to the suspension settings and gear ratios make it possible to hold 6th through the first really fast turn and I was able to get this down in the 120s.

Can anyone critique this new setup? My slightly faster times could be the result of just learning the track better and not so much magically fixing the setup.

Attachments

• FormulaAbarth_1_29_662.ini
    1.4 KB · Views: 360
Edited the first post to clarify that that video is not me... merely a link to a video I found featuring RD club folks racing this car/track a while back. I'm going to look into the best way to capture video of me playing (or at least of a replay of me playing) to put on my paltry Youtube channel later this weekend. Brace yourself for low 1.29s if I'm lucky!

Okay... more minor changes to the setup, and here's the promised video (using Open Broadcast Software to record video after getting a replay of my hotlap):

Here's the latest setup file.

Attachments

• FormulaAbarth_1_28.942.ini
    1.4 KB · Views: 459
just tried your setup and it's good, took some time to get used with a quite unstable rear end, but it's better than applying more downforce, as cornering speed coudn't hold up slower speeds on the straights. Did a low 1:29, with room for improvement specially on braking, as I did lock up my wheels too easily...

I'll give it a whirl in a bit. It has been a while since I drove the track and I was doing around a 1:29 for laps....but looking at the video, I am pretty sure it was a different track mod so my time would be irrelevant.

ok here is my repost from the D-NATIONAL race:

Could anybody(possibly one of the aliens) give me a feedback on my setup? i would just like to know if i went in the right direction, or if my setup was rather counterproductive.

---------
thanks so far

Attachments

• q.ini
    1.4 KB · Views: 402
There is my setup... will be glad of comments...
It's for race but quite good for qualifying allso. Atleast for me ;)

Attachments

• kisa 32 kier med.ini
    1.4 KB · Views: 415
I currently can't get lower than 1.29, and this video is full of 1.26 and down!
Isn't this caused by the fact that AC got a tyre update in the beginning of December and this video is from October? :)
Generally cars got 1-2 seconds slower, some a bit more, some a bit less.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.7%