Tatuus FA1 @ Okayama

Thanks for the setup dude. I just gave it a trial run and got a 26.7 without too much effort. I raised the diff coast and the rear wheel springs but that is personal pref on my part. 53% brake bias too

edit: Now half a tenth off my pb with considerably less laps. Your setup is probably quicker but twitchier. Nice work bro.

Last edited:
So I had a mess about with NoThrottleControl's setup, made a few tweaks and got a really quick lap right away. It's a lot more tricky on the rears than before but fast.

Attachments

• Oscar_Okayama_Hybrid.ini
    1.4 KB · Views: 283
I had a very slow day it seems. No news from my side, sorry!
I won't forget though and report in a few days :)
I really like this discussion aspect!

So I had a mess about with NoThrottleControl's setup, made a few tweaks and got a really quick lap right away. It's a lot more tricky on the rears than before but fast.

I checked your tweaked setup. Besides brake bias and coast, you lowered the car a little + stiffer springs and reduced ARBs. So what lap time did you get :) ?

@RasmusP I used your high df setup, 16/9 wings instead of 16/10. There is another 0.3-0.4s for sure, especially at the last corner but this needs serious practice.

@NoThrottleControl sorry mate, I couldn't bring your setup below 1.27. It needs a different approach in driving and I don't have the time for it at the moment.

No problem. The lap from the video was made with Rasmus's setup? How would you describe my setup? Too twitchy or something else?

@NoThrottleControl I used Rasmus' setup, yes. I just decreased rear wing from 10 to 9.

Your setup lacks front and rear downforce. I had to take the high speed corners slower to avoid understeer and be more careful at medium or even slow corner exits to avoid oversteer. I find it predictable (not twitchy), but the time I lose during cornering is more than the time I gain during the straightways. The front brakes had a tendency to lock up easier too.

On the plus side, it feels more agile at the very sharp turns like the right hairpin after the backstraight and the left corner that follows.

Yesterday when I posted the setup here my pb was 1:26:502. I managed to improve it today with basically the same setup to 1:26:190. I took a hint from you guys and only moved the brake bias from 58 to 56 to further improve corner entry.

I experimented with higher downforce but I just couldn't gain enough time through the corners to overturn the loss from added drag on the straits.

Here is the result. I could probably scrape a 25 on a perfect lap but I doubt I'll have patience to do it :O_o: .

:)
So nice to see you guys are testing and finding the limits here @ Okayama. Btw, you like the track, anything to change or something? Will try to hotlap my self too a bit, to see how am I holding up, but I doubt it will be any good, since I don`t like this car much ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back