Tatuus FA1 @ Okayama

Hey man, I hosted a series of races with the Tatuus and had looong discussions about the setup.
Thanks for giving me something to challenge! :)

I'll provide my two setups at the end of the post, first I want to give you feedback on yours:
I see what you did and it does the job quite well. For me it didn't felt trustworthy because it felt very "snappy" because of the unbalanced aero.
My tips:
- balance the aero
- play with the front ARB
- put the ride height down till it gives you some funky sparks :barefoot::p

I mixed my existing setups and created one setup with similar aero to yours and one with very high aero, which I prefer!
The lap times you can see in the videos :)
Grip: 98%, Temp: 16°C. Yes, I used softs, sorry! I actually think that you would beat my lap time if you try my setups. Hell of a lap you did there! :confused::geek:

Attachments

• Rasmus_Okayama_highAero.ini
    1.5 KB · Views: 398
  • Rasmus_Okayama_lowAero.ini
    1.5 KB · Views: 354
@RasmusP nice analysis mate ;)
That's the best part of this section. Analyzing car handling and discussing ways to alter it with setup changes.
I will try your setups and come back!

I'm out at the moment, will post tomorrow. Anyway, i'm increasing the aero each time someone beat my time...Waiting for Oscar to do it again.

Oh i didn't mean that i will beat you for sure, simply stating i will try :)

Told you you did one hell of a lap and would beat my time :D
I guess that's the reason why I study Engineering instead of spending time on real tracks :roflmao:

Thanks for the compliment :)

I usually don't share my setups, but I'm just curious if you guys will improve your lap times with mine. I use k&m and my pb is faster than your lap times posted here. I wonder if you will find it completely useless since we use different controllers. For the sake of science don't change anything except maybe brake bias. I must use ABS with keyboard so there's probably too much front bias for you. Once you report your lap times, be it improvement or not, I'll post my lap time and the video of my lap. I used 16°C track temp. and 100% grip.

Attachments

• oiluiluo16c.ini
    1.4 KB · Views: 368
I usually don't share my setups, but I'm just curious if you guys will improve your lap times with mine. I use k&m and my pb is faster than your lap times posted here. I wonder if you will find it completely useless since we use different controllers. For the sake of science don't change anything except maybe brake bias. I must use ABS with keyboard so there's probably too much front bias for you. Once you report your lap times, be it improvement or not, I'll post my lap time and the video of my lap. I used 16°C track temp. and 100% grip.
I'm going to try it tomorrow. I can tell you that with my current setup i can do high 1.25 and probably a bit less if i increase the aero. Anyway, watching it from the notepad, i'd say that the rear wing is a bit too low. Front arb is relatively high, which let you use 11 as front wing but you lose a bit in the slow turns. Coast at 50 feels unstable without ABS, which i think is going to give us a problem. Rear arb at 2 feels weird to me. Every time i tried it, i ended up losing rear grip, so i'm curious to see if you got a different result.

Oh so you are already doing 26's or faster. I just looked at that stracker link and didn't quite understand if someone has actually done the 1:26:494 that was mentioned here. So I have to retract my statement that I am faster than all people that posted here :D (but I am close, reaaaally close ;) )

Last edited:
Forgot to comment on aero settings. The biggest compromise I have to make with my setup is probably with aero settings. There is this exact aero balance I have to find with every car that makes the car drivable. If I can't find it I can only get extreme oversteer or understeer with keyboard controls.

@NoThrottleControl I will gladly test your setup as well. Keep in mind that the previous laptimes were done with 98-99% grip.
Let's put it to 100% and 26c outside temp for the sake of keeping a stable environment.

I think me, BhZ and Oscar had 100% grip, 16 air, around 20-23 track. Let's keep it there :)

I'll check out the setup! Glad we could get it out of you, for the sake of science of course ;) :D

EDIT: was able to figure out that when you disable the custom track temp in content manager, it resets to automatic track temp and not keeps the last custom value... whoops!

Last edited:
Yes, i know. But this is for science :D . Tatuus soft tires seem to produce the best lap times at 16°C and I want to know what are the absolute best lap times you can make. Anyway, you can use any settings you want and just report if you will be faster or slower with my setup :) .

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 325 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 458 39.2%