AC Tatuus FA01 @ Spa Franchorchamps - Tuesday 05th September 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Wasn't able to make it to this one, sadly. Did anyone upload results to simresults? I tried some hotlapping with the sets provided above so am curious to know what sort of times were being posted ;)

Wasn't able to make it to this one, sadly. Did anyone upload results to simresults? I tried some hotlapping with the sets provided above so am curious to know what sort of times were being posted ;)
Best lap was 2.21.6 with hard tires. Softs would have been one second slower.

Sadly uploading something to simresults in a permanent way is forbidden since all real names are uploaded then and can be found by google.
But I'll send you the json file so you can watch them in the preview that expires after 30 min? :)

Best lap was 2.21.6 with hard tires. Softs would have been one second slower.
Cool, ta. I got a low 22 myself on mediums after maybe 10 laps of trying so I don't feel too bad now ;)
Btw, I presume you mean softs would be one second lower.

Sadly uploading something to simresults in a permanent way is forbidden since all real names are uploaded then and can be found by google.
But I'll send you the json file so you can watch them in the preview that expires after 30 min? :)
Ouch, hadn't realised that! And yeah, thanks, would appreciate that :)

Cool, ta. I got a low 22 myself on mediums after maybe 10 laps of trying so I don't feel too bad now ;)
Yeah, i meant faster. With softs i achevied 2.00.7 while practicing. Today somehow i was able to brake way later than i used to do, so low 2.00 should be doable.

Ouch, hadn't realised that! And yeah, thanks, would appreciate that :)
Will send it to you in the next hour, can't do it faster, sorry! :)

Awesome racing guys, had some great battles, then got done over by the game getting my stuck by the smallest of millimetres against the wall meaning i had to reverse and ended up pretty much at the back with only 2 laps left.

On a more unfortunate note, we are really starting to crack down on cutting, now I'm not pointing fingers but I'm just going to say I found over 70-80% of the drivers were cutting at Bruxelles by going wide but having it pinned still, here's the corner below in case you aren't sure which one, please watch the limits, if you feel the kerb on both wheels more than a split second then chances are you've gone wide, some of them are blatant wide like not even on the kerb anymore, some are quite minor and less than 1ft but it needs to tidy up either way.

Below is an example of a perfect way to handle it at the corner I am talking about, the driver can see they are about to go wide, and starts to lift, keeps lifted, remember it doesn't strictly need to be 100% lift, just enough to 'reverse' any possible gain, then they stay like that until they are back on track with left 2 tyres and then back to 100% power.

Capture.JPG

My usual race - screw myself early on by some mistakes, then playing catch up mostly alone for the rest of the race with people behind me dropping out one by one.

One thing was interesting for me - while most of the simracers try VR for the first time nowadays, I tried triple screen for the first time. Well, it's nice and would definitely love to be able to get myself a triple screen setup (not happening, though), but it didn't really help me in the race - it was a very improvised triple screen test setup with every screen a different size, which really screwed me in tight corners like Bus stop or La Source due to slight misalignments of the image :D I don't think I managed a single solid run through Bus stop, no matter how I tried, the misaligned image kept messing with my head really bad :)

But thanks for the race, it was still quite fun :)

So that's the official reason now? :rolleyes: I though it was so that people wouldn't be discouraged from joining the races when they see the laptimes.

But thanks for the race, it was still quite fun :)

So that's the official reason now? :rolleyes: I though it was so that people wouldn't be discouraged from joining the races when they see the laptimes.
Glad you had some fun! :)
Well... "official reason"? It's not the only reason, but enough of a reason :p
In this event series it's all about having fun together, learning about the setup, having intense battles etc.
So I have written it down in one of the last threads like this "only post lap times if you feel that it's really needed to bring the discussion forward".
It's a difficult subject and an endless discussion but we all agreed to "not posting results".
That's why I send Neilski the json files in a private message.

BhZ's mentioning of the fastest lap is okay from my view. He's a couple of seconds faster than me, it's no secret so if someone asks for a benchmark he can have it! Also it's important when talking about setup details :)

I hope that's a clear enough reply to your question. Always not quite easy to handle "official wordings" :x3::whistling:

Last edited:
BhZ's mentioning of the fastest lap is okay from my view. He's a couple of seconds faster than me, it's no secret so if someone asks for a benchmark he can have it! Also it's important when talking about setup details :)
I've posted it after the race as i know people won't see this combo for a while and i doubt they will check this post in the future.

Martin, I think you are probably mixing up two separate rules here. The one we've discussed in the past is about not discussing laptimes prior to a race, as people may be discouraged from joining if they feel they're too slow. That rule (but hey it's an unwritten rule so this is just my attempt to explain it ;)) has nothing to say regarding discussion of laptimes after a race. The rule that Rasmus just brought to my attention is simply to do with sharing real names of drivers - I wasn't aware of this one but I can see that it makes sense. The fact that the JSON files also contain times wouldn't be an issue.
In fact, thinking about it, one could easily tweak the JSON files to remove the names and make the data postable... Hmmm.

In fact, thinking about it, one could easily tweak the JSON files to remove the names and make the data postable... Hmmm.
Yeah all you need would be a little program that searches for string in "Name": "%driverName%"", caches it into a variable like "Driver1" to "Driver24" and writes this in every entry of it.

I can't do that but if you know someone who knows some: why not :)
Or even better: I have a private list with every driver that signs up with his real name next to it to see who is who. One could feed the program with it and have the forum names in the json file!

Last edited:
@Neilski If there's some mixup (and there very well might be), I don't think I'm the one who made it (unless I've seriously misunderstood something). I'm just going by what I've heard/read others to mention in one of the previous discussions about why race results can no longer be posted. I'm pretty sure it was explained as basically the extension of that "unwritten rule" you mention about not discussing lap times. Which kinda sorta made sense in a way - no discussing of lap times, so no race results either (though the logic was flawed in my eyes still). So I was simply surprised to see a completely different reason being given now, and one which just opens up several other questions and issues regarding what we can or can not do at this point, as it's also a way more serious reason. (I won't be the one bringing them up this time, though, at least not publicly - but if someone is interested in further discussion on the subject, by all means, feel free to send me a message.)

Yeah it was a really great race and makes a lot of fun. Many wheel on wheel duels. That´s good racing. thanks for that.

Last edited:
Awesome racing guys, had some great battles, then got done over by the game getting my stuck by the smallest of millimetres against the wall meaning i had to reverse and ended up pretty much at the back with only 2 laps left.

On a more unfortunate note, we are really starting to crack down on cutting, now I'm not pointing fingers but I'm just going to say I found over 70-80% of the drivers were cutting at Bruxelles by going wide but having it pinned still, here's the corner below in case you aren't sure which one, please watch the limits, if you feel the kerb on both wheels more than a split second then chances are you've gone wide, some of them are blatant wide like not even on the kerb anymore, some are quite minor and less than 1ft but it needs to tidy up either way.

Below is an example of a perfect way to handle it at the corner I am talking about, the driver can see they are about to go wide, and starts to lift, keeps lifted, remember it doesn't strictly need to be 100% lift, just enough to 'reverse' any possible gain, then they stay like that until they are back on track with left 2 tyres and then back to 100% power.

View attachment 210492

Let me know via PM if I was constantly going over the track limits last night. I was using cockpit cam for the first time in forever and would like to know if I was largely able to keep it in the lines. I know I had a moment in Double Gauche on the entry that put me wide, and a lapse of concentration put me out in some easy turn (I think it was Blanchimont), but apart from that I don't know, and I didn't save my replay.

Above request also goes to @RasmusP

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back