AC Tatuus FA01 @ Red Bull Ring GP - Tuesday 29th August 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I've had the chance to test the tatuus at the red bull ring. As you can imagine, the track doesn't require high downforce. The track has only 1-2 really slow corners, the rest is medium fast. For this reason i decided to start from the setup used at Imola as it fits quite well with the track. I need further testing, but it's possible that we might prefer higher front wing to a lower front antiroll bar. For the same reason, it could be usefull to have the rear toe closer to 0.00 as it should (in theory) increase the top speed. I also want to test the rear ARB at 1 as it should (again in theory, maybe it's completely wrong) help the car to rotate better. Having a more negative front toe seems to have helped me gain 3 tenths. I will confirm some of these "theories" tomorrow if i have the time.
Yep, I had a quick go too and found the same thing. Using the Imola setup as a starting point, then tweaking that to how you feel comfortable seems like a decent solution for this circuit.

Yep, I had a quick go too and found the same thing. Using the Imola setup as a starting point, then tweaking that to how you feel comfortable seems like a decent solution for this circuit.
Found this awesome page for real life Toe adjustment: LINK

Edit-conclusion:

Front: only matters for turn in and first 1/3 of the corner!
- toe in: understeer, slow response, good against twitchy car behavior
- toe out: oversteer, fast response, good to counter understeer in the first third of the corner!

Rear: important for the second half of the corner!
- toe out: oversteer, car wants to rotate, unstable when applying throttle
- toe in: slight understeer, rear doesn't want to step out, helps to stay stable when at the limit or while wheels start to spin.

Too much of any of this will cause extremely bad handling, as the wheels are just not working as they should!
(I swapped in/out for front/rear, because it's the same in AC! + at the front will be toe out, but toe in at rear!)

What I'm gonna try:

At this track the slow, tight turns need a really quick turn in from the very outside! So I'm gonna apply some front toe out!
The rear is a bit more complicated, I will start with 0.00 toe in and then raise it until I feel safe when applying throttle, probably a bit more than the default!

I'm gonna report back! :)

Last edited:
Sign me up please Rasmus.

I've been playing with aero at 9f 5r, toe -0.1f 0.0r and ARBs 13f 0r, gets me into mid 1:31s in race trim, (mediums & 30l fuel). I reckon I'd need at least another .5 second to be competitive, but time will tell.

Sign me up please Rasmus.

I've been playing with aero at 9f 5r, toe -0.1f 0.0r and ARBs 13f 0r, gets me into mid 1:31s in race trim, (mediums & 30l fuel). I reckon I'd need at least another .5 second to be competitive, but time will tell.
Adding you now! Thanks for the setup sharing :):thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years