AC Tatuus FA01 @ Imola - Tuesday 22nd August 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Adding you now guys :) This track is going to be fun I think!
Yes, the Lotus drift car was surprisingly fun on this track. It just takes some getting used to switching between that and the Tatuus as they are so completely different! Definitely looking forward to trying the Tatuus here!

Yes, the Lotus drift car was surprisingly fun on this track. It just takes some getting used to switching between that and the Tatuus as they are so completely different! Definitely looking forward to trying the Tatuus here!
I think it's one of the best cars to drive around imola. Just fast and grippy enough to enjoy the chicanes, acque minerali and piratella. Also it won't be easy to drive fast here.

Yeah I have the feeling that Imola is more fun with downforce cars. A few nice left-right-throws but also long, sweeping turns with a lot of slope :geek:

Yeah I have the feeling that Imola is more fun with downforce cars. A few nice left-right-throws but also long, sweeping turns with a lot of slope :geek:
Spot on with the :geek: summary :roflmao:
I had my first go last night with this combo (albeit with v low ffb to not wake people as it was late!) and the first few laps felt pretty strange after racing the Lotus earlier. I soon gained a bit more confidence to push though, and then started gradually reducing the overall downforce and experimenting with front ARB to see how far away these could be pushed from the typical settings I used at Mugello. Let's just say Imola needs much less than Mugello as of course it's a lot less twisty and has more in the way of straights. I've not raced Imola before, but lapping at least is great fun with this car for sure :thumbsup:
At Mugello I used a relatively high downforce level which was great overall for qualy (my first pole!!!), but left me a sitting duck on the straight in the races. I've learned my lesson there, but it made for some great racing in any case :p

Spot on with the :geek: summary :roflmao:
I had my first go last night with this combo (albeit with v low ffb to not wake people as it was late!) and the first few laps felt pretty strange after racing the Lotus earlier. I soon gained a bit more confidence to push though, and then started gradually reducing the overall downforce and experimenting with front ARB to see how far away these could be pushed from the typical settings I used at Mugello. Let's just say Imola needs much less than Mugello as of course it's a lot less twisty and has more in the way of straights. I've not raced Imola before, but lapping at least is great fun with this car for sure :thumbsup:
At Mugello I used a relatively high downforce level which was great overall for qualy (my first pole!!!), but left me a sitting duck on the straight in the races. I've learned my lesson there, but it made for some great racing in any case :p
Btw, the rear arb seems to help a bit in terms of stability. I think it makes the last chicane more dangerous, but it might be worth it as you can brake later and harder in a couple of turns.

Btw, the rear arb seems to help a bit in terms of stability. I think it makes the last chicane more dangerous, but it might be worth it as you can brake later and harder in a couple of turns.
Interesting, so maybe due to less flexing / twisting at the rear? Maybe also a bit to do with the improved aero platform as you mentioned yesterday? The typical kind of setup compromise in any case where you need to weigh the benefits against the losses across the lap as a whole. As you alluded to also regarding the chicane, one setup choice (like higher rear ARB in this case) might be faster overall, but could also introduce more risk of binning it so might be good for a single hotlap where you can try again, but maybe not so much for the race (for someone like me still struggling with consistency anyway ;)).

I guess understanding the various compromises of different setup options, and how one thing affects another is key to achieving good lap times with a car you feel comfortable pushing to the limit (or something like that anyway!)
C'mon @RasmusP your turn buddy, put your geek where your mouth is :O_o::geek::roflmao:

Interesting, so maybe due to less flexing / twisting at the rear? Maybe also a bit to do with the improved aero platform as you mentioned yesterday? The typical kind of setup compromise in any case where you need to weigh the benefits against the losses across the lap as a whole. As you alluded to also regarding the chicane, one setup choice (like higher rear ARB in this case) might be faster overall, but could also introduce more risk of binning it so might be good for a single hotlap where you can try again, but maybe not so much for the race (for someone like me still struggling with consistency anyway ;)).
Also increasing by 2-3 the arb (from a low value, not from the default one) might give you a bit more stability without sacrifying too much the performance. If anyone feels uncomfortable with the qualy setup, he should consider increasing the front arb just some clicks to get a more balanced car.

Man, this event is giving us great results. I'd be curious to test this notions on a formula 2 (or even an F1).

I sadly have no time until tomorrow after breakfast to to any laps :(
Do we have any suggestions yet for the aero? I would imagine it's best to put it as low as possible until you can't so the downhill lefthander (name please?) flat-out anymore.
So maybe run 4/3 aero with 14/1 arb? Sounds insane to me but could be fast! Plus without much aero we could try softs for 1-2 hot laps :confused::cool:

I sadly have no time until tomorrow after breakfast to to any laps :(
Do we have any suggestions yet for the aero? I would imagine it's best to put it as low as possible until you can't so the downhill lefthander (name please?) flat-out anymore.
So maybe run 4/3 aero with 14/1 arb? Sounds insane to me but could be fast! Plus without much aero we could try softs for 1-2 hot laps :confused::cool:
Want to finally practice with me :)? Anyway rear wing around 5-6 imho, front arb reduced and front wing increased as long as you can control the car. Increase the rear arb for a bit more stability under braking but it will make the rear less grippy under acceleration (and probably over curbs). I think this sums it up.

Want to finally practice with me :)? Anyway rear wing around 5-6 imho, front arb reduced and front wing increased as long as you can control the car. Increase the rear arb for a bit more stability under braking but it will make the rear less grippy under acceleration (and probably over curbs). I think this sums it up.
I'll be around tomorrow 10-16 o clock :)
Not the full time but ready to drive!
Maybe some more want to join us!

I'll be around tomorrow 10-16 o clock :)
Not the full time but ready to drive!
Maybe some more want to join us!
Oh man i wish I could, I really need the practice too. I'll be taking the kiddies out so that will take most of my day, but will surely jump on if I'm free at all between those hours. Guess that's CET btw?

Oh man i wish I could, I really need the practice too. I'll be taking the kiddies out so that will take most of my day, but will surely jump on if I'm free at all between those hours. Guess that's CET btw?
Yeah the times are cet, forgot to mention that :whistling:
Would be nice to have you with us :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back