AC Tatuus FA01 @ Brands Hatch GP - Tue 26Sep17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Probably not the best one for the race though as that snapping rear end might just bite back (at least with my level of inconsistency ;)).

Rasmus Newey's 'Red Bull Rake' setup however was very interesting in that it gives a similar characteristic to how people describe the RB F1 car - good traction, efficient downforce etc. And a swinging rear should be easier to catch than a snapper!
If the rear snap you either have a too low front ARB or too high front wing. Decreasing one of the two (or both if the values are extreme) will give you a more stable car without sacrifying pace.

If the rear snap you either have a too low front ARB or too high front wing. Decreasing one of the two (or both if the values are extreme) will give you a more stable car without sacrifying pace.
I just lowered the rear wing as much as I dare, then hung on for dear life ;)
Not the most scientific way of 'engineering' a setup I must admit...

Yep, Andy and I already mixed and experimented with that but for some reason it just won't work. Some corners are just massively understeering and others oversteering.
We decided to go against the understeering and being careful when the rear wants to snap :p

But if you'll find a magic trick please tell us, I'm not really happy with me setup. Just couldn't find something better :(

@RasmusP @RainhamIron I just started from the setup used at zandvoort (i'm a lazy man, i know), increased a bit the wings, tweaked tyre pressure and that was it. I can tell you i didn't do the best lap in the server. Ptracker said (2/3), so someone went faster, i assume it's Andy. I don't know his conditions (fuel, %grip, tyres) but it should make this race quite interesting.
I'm not sure, but since you can't tweak the springs value, changing the rake to make it work like a RB car seems a bit hard and probably not the best thing (the diffuser will have less impact as well) so you definitely lost grip there. You also move the balance towards the front, making the car more oversteery. This is obviously theory, sadly i'm no engineer.

I should probably point out that I don't think @RasmusP was specifically going for a RB setup, it just kind of reminded me of that same approach. I'm not sure how closely AC models the effect of the diffuser, but the increased rake certainly felt OK. I didn't try the wings app though so didn't do any analysis of that type.
I started from Zandvoort also, seemed a reasonable point to tweak from. I'm just hoping to get a clean lap in qualy without running wide, then at least stay on the black stuff for the races - that'll do for me at the moment ;)

This was incredibly annoying!! I was punted and spun severeal times, in practice, quali and race. If you are lapping, show your intentions! Either keep distance if you dont want to overtake just there, if you are pulling out then go for it and commit! Do not be half wit and brake in the middle of it!! If I lift off the throttle for you to pass, don't for ****ing sake slow down but finish your already begun manouver!

This was the worst race I've had for a long time and that is only because I didn't feel I could trust anyone to keep a distance or give room, commit or back off causing me to frantically watching my mirrors to know where you where!

Got an awesome start with medium tyres on Race 1, then got lucky that Matteo made a mistake, so I could manage my tyres. If he was behind me all the time, I don't think I could have save rubber. Well in the end I didn't win it as I was taken out at the beginning of the last lap. It's okay, I mean life is meaningless anyway, we're all going to die, etc. so what's the point in getting mad in general, more so for a virtual crash.

Anyway, race 2 I chickened out at the last second. Yes I was planning on racing the medium tyres again, but said it was too risky. I had a good start from 3rd and got behind Matteo. We were matching paces, absolutely awesome racing, pushing hard lap by lap. Then I clipped the inside kerb of turn 1 and you know Assetto Corsa: "Hey kiddo, remember all the grip you had? Well have fun racing on ice............ punk." So I think I died for a moment, but then I got better. I was fifth and kind of annoyed with my mistake, so I tried to catch the podium and I missed it for a few tenths.

A very fun evening, but I still hate Assetto Corsa.

Fun two races with some pretty clean racing, thanks everyone! :thumbsup:

In Race 1 I came to regret the tyre choice (yeah, I went with mediums) so I kept losing the rear and spinning quite a lot. Race 2 on hards was a lot better (though I was struggling a bit with the rear tyres near the end as well, but not nearly as much as in the first race) with a nice fight throughout with Claudio (whom I seem to be unable to find here and he wasn't on TS either I believe), we were pretty closely matched and even kept making the same mistakes ;) Also, that finish...I almost gave up trying after Stirlings, thinking I won't catch him in the end, I was some 2 or 3 seconds behind, but then I saw he made a mistake (?), so I just floored it and went for it :D

acs_2017_09_26_23_05_11_201.png

not good race for me tonight unfortunately. after qualify I was 11th - what was actually success for me and I was hoping for good race not driving at last place. then in the first lap of 1st race I was closed in the corner (or did not let the one in front to pass before me, but this is hard to decide for me), then I was hit from back , then I hit a guy in front who wanted to let pass others after crash and so on.. my concentration disappear and also the car was not in best condition. In 2nd race I made several mistakes and was not able to keep pace with the field. I apologize to these I hit after my mistake. I practice hard to avoid mistakes and drive better as much as I can.

This was incredibly annoying!! I was punted and spun severeal times, in practice, quali and race. If you are lapping, show your intentions! Either keep distance if you dont want to overtake just there, if you are pulling out then go for it and commit! Do not be half wit and brake in the middle of it!! If I lift off the throttle for you to pass, don't for ****ing sake slow down but finish your already begun manouver!

This was the worst race I've had for a long time and that is only because I didn't feel I could trust anyone to keep a distance or give room, commit or back off causing me to frantically watching my mirrors to know where you where!
I'm sorry to hear that Lars. Please send me the time stamps of your incidents via PM and I will take look and PM the other drivers if they did something wrong :)
But to rage quit shouldn't be the way to go. Please just go back to pits next time, cool down a few minutes and then tell me that you lost your fun and that you ask to leave the server. I will then wish you a good night and we will show each other respect :)
Now due to the quit you lost the right to report the other drivers formally and I'll have to give you a little "warning" for this according to our rules.

Got an awesome start with medium tyres on Race 1, then got lucky that Matteo made a mistake, so I could manage my tyres. If he was behind me all the time, I don't think I could have save rubber. Well in the end I didn't win it as I was taken out at the beginning of the last lap. It's okay, I mean life is meaningless anyway, we're all going to die, etc. so what's the point in getting mad in general, more so for a virtual crash.

Anyway, race 2 I chickened out at the last second. Yes I was planning on racing the medium tyres again, but said it was too risky. I had a good start from 3rd and got behind Matteo. We were matching paces, absolutely awesome racing, pushing hard lap by lap. Then I clipped the inside kerb of turn 1 and you know Assetto Corsa: "Hey kiddo, remember all the grip you had? Well have fun racing on ice............ punk." So I think I died for a moment, but then I got better. I was fifth and kind of annoyed with my mistake, so I tried to catch the podium and I missed it for a few tenths.

A very fun evening, but I still hate Assetto Corsa.
Was a pity to see you standing by in the first race. Glad you took the podium you earned after I did the "all in" at Scott and lost the car :)
The second race... holy... You really pushed me beyond my limit! I did -1.3s to my best lap of race 2 at the last lap!!! :confused::inlove:
not good race for me tonight unfortunately. after qualify I was 11th - what was actually success for me and I was hoping for good race not driving at last place. then in the first lap of 1st race I was closed in the corner (or did not let the one in front to pass before me, but this is hard to decide for me), then I was hit from back , then I hit a guy in front who wanted to let pass others after crash and so on.. my concentration disappear and also the car was not in best condition. In 2nd race I made several mistakes and was not able to keep pace with the field. I apologize to these I hit after my mistake. I practice hard to avoid mistakes and drive better as much as I can.
Mistakes happen and you clearly show that you are willing to learn and that you are a good guy!
You'll always be welcome man! :):thumbsup:

If you need any advice on something just ask. Maybe post some timestamps of situations you are not sure how to handle them properly so I/we can help you :)

EDIT:
@SirVanhan why did you brake so hard into T1 at the first race?! :barefoot:That would've been a mess haha. From my POV I hit you, but you went on so I was like :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:
RasmusP_Almost_TakesOut_SirVanhan.jpg

Last edited:
Had the worst race, no race's , ever, seem to have hit every man and his dog, unfortunatly
most of it was my fault which made it even worse. Not seen the replay so i apologise in advance
for that.
Did not get any chance to set the car up, just had to last minuit guess the setting, this car
certainly punishes you for that.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 213 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years