RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
First race was good tight battle until a few laps to go L.P. and I got together on the exit of turn 2, my apologies.

Race 2 saw me punting Jan in turn 2, sorry about that, I think it was all on me on that one.

All was good fun though. Turned out to be a good combination and I finally got a handle on the Chevy.

KO

removed all wing, drove it a big more and called it fine.
man, thats why.. i was driving wing11 and TC60% on the DMD. They are twitchy as hell, nice that in the last sector, on those high speed turns I could put the hammer down just to be catched in the straights...
Nice races overall no doudt. I was held back a bit by Ross in R1 but very enjoying driving, allways in my toes so I dont touch the "Boss" eheh, he gets angry fast:cautious:
R2 I had a very good start (unusual...) and then JJ Martin kept all the fast guys behind him for some time but not enough to keep Laisse Passer (is it really his name - "LetMePass"??? - its appropriate for sure...) from passing him and then pass me. P2, Ill take that thank you very much:cool:
see ya next one
Cheers gents

3) POSTER Tue.png

Welcome to the R3E Racing Club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on Discord... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All Premium members can sign up for this event via the new SimRacing.gp eSports platform which is currently in beta. To get access simply contact Bram Hengeveld (Click here) and include your email address in the message. Once you've been added you're ready to race!

Tuesday 23/03/21
Event Sign Up:
Click Here
Class: GTR 3
Track: Nürburgring - Sprint
Slots: 30

Practice: 19:30 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:00 UTC (10 minutes)

Warmup 1: 20:10 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 20:15 UTC (20 minutes) - Standing Start

Warmup 2: 20:35 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 20:40 UTC (20 minutes) - Standing Start / Reverse Grid - Top 6

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
Discord Server: Click here
Crew Chief Download: Click Here

The use of Crew Chief is mandatory in our Club racing, as it adds an audio spotter which helps avoid unnecessary incidents. We also highly recommend that you join us on Discord and engage with your fellow drivers!

Last edited:
R3E Racing Club moving to SGP

As most of you will know, simracing.gp has been in development and open beta for some time now. The latest sim to get support on the platform is R3E, and so our club will be moving to that system over the next few weeks.

What does this mean for you? Well, you will still be getting the same high quality racing with the same friendly community, so nothing changes there. All events will still be posted here for pre and post race discussion, setup sharing, and general banter as usual.

The most obvious difference is that you will be clicking a couple of buttons to sign up instead of asking to join in event threads. The other big difference is that SGP will now track your stats for all events entered, from laps completed to number of spins, and everything in between!

How and when?

The R3E Club will initially run SGP-based events on Tuesdays, while retaining the regular forum-based events on Saturdays. The idea is to introduce the new system, get people signed up and used to using it, and ensure a trouble-free transition. The plan is to move all R3E events to SGP after the next series has finished, once we know everything is working as intended.

Getting Access

As SGP is in beta you will need to be given access by an admin. Simply send a PM to Bram Hengeveld (Click Here) and include your email address. Once access has been granted, you can click the link in the event thread to sign up, or browse all SGP events on the main site. Simple!

Please note that for this sim you will need to go to your SGP profile, and associate it with your R3E account. This is a very simple process, you just need to enter your username and click a button!

If you have any questions about SGP or the transition of the R3E Club to the new platform, please don't hesitate to post them here. Alternatively, feel free to contact me via PM.

Note that this is very much a "testing phase" for SGP as far as I'm concerned. I've already identified important features which aren't supported by the platform, and until they are the club won't be fully moved over. I'm not risking the quality of the racing just to move to a shiny new system which is incomplete.

If SGP doesn't measure up by the time the next series is over, and if these Tuesday events are doing ok for numbers, then I'll move them back to "old" system as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 379 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%