Tatra 613 (1979)

yep, Bob, same here....ai is moving verry slow...with the default ai....

screenshot016.jpgscreenshot019.jpg

EDIT:
hmm...i tried serval versions...029b, 016 and 08.08....all the same....ai revs up to ~2k rpm and slows down to idle....

Dream Factory: Yes, I know about AI problem, but I don´t know how to solve it...

Boomer: I tried for few days to make wipers look nice, but it´s horrible, racer still doesn´t have needed capabilities to simulate wipers... (I need more axis for example )

wilkowski111: We have Skoda 105-130 in WIP status :)

Thanks for the feedback so far, I hope there's more to come :)

The AI misbehavior was a bit of a mystery to me, but it seems quite a simple fix now after all. Since the vehicle wasn't equipped with any driver aids, I set the ABS and TC triggers to zero on top of disabling them. That turned out to be the reason for the AI getting stuck at start_rpm.

You can exchange these lines near the top of car.ini yourself or check back for an updated archive in the first post soon:

Code:
abs
{
	enable=0
	braking_factor=1
	max_velocity_ratio=1.3
	min_velocity_ratio=1.1
	min_velocity=1.667
}

traction_control
{
	enable=0
	max_velocity_ratio=1.2
	min_velocity_ratio=1.1
	min_velocity=1.667
}

Really nice.

Nicely finished all round. Lovely fun to just drive around and enjoy!

It really does emphasise the need for better sound control/volumes in Racer though. I like the way the cars engine is quiet inside, which then makes the wind noise 'feel' louder, which is more realistic, but then when you get outside, the engine is louder, and then the wind noise isn't as noticeable (which is how it should be)

Really Racer should kinda auto-gain control. The only problem with the approach used is I crank up the volume when driving inside the car, then turn it down to watch the replay :D

Nice use of textures/texture space too, not too much waste at all, really efficient. You could also probably use rgb tinting via the shader entries for diffuse/ambient, to do the colour tints for the body work and interior too, saving a load more memory in download space and HDD space etc etc...
Well worth exploring anyway, I think Camsinny is doing that with his Ferrari F458, so he has just a few main textures and tints them all via the shader for the 20 or so colours and interior shades etc :D

My only one "omg" was the amount of textures and the size of them, for the wheels. With Alex's bump maps there is about 30meg in textures just for wheels! Hopefully full-screen motion blur will make a return to avoid needing the wheel blur models/textures!
Just seemed a bit excessive considering how restrained and well considered the rest of the car/textures were :D

Dave

That fixed the ai but I found a Qlog error in the car.shd file at line 552, an extra bracket. It's near the end of the file, happened after adding the great tire fix.

This is one great car, just love it!

boomer: Nice to see you caring about it :) People actually using and commenting on these things means a lot.

The flares needed a bit of boost for the colour settings, I don't see an issue with the current rule parameter though. Brake lights require rule=brake to work as intended, not rule=rear (?).
The min_velocity_ratio is already greater than 1.0 for both ABS and TC in the download link or if you used the AI fix I posted previously.

I'll forward a minor update to francomk when I see him online, it includes the shader bracket fix, flare fix, revised fuel consumption and gearbox inertia settings.

What do people think of the steering feel, resistance and gain? Would be handy to get some feedback for future reference :)

Great car !!!
A little point of critique: It would be great if you could ramp up the polygon count in the steering wheel. The steering wheel is a moving object and always close in view, so it really jumps out .. It's definitely worth putting more detail into that.

Real cool car !

Fixes :

- There some holes in the mesh looking from the back bottom part, & in the front, you can see thru.
- Some little UVs stretching inside the car
- the flare shader or texture needs to be fixed for 0.8.32

Updates :

- backfire
- wipers since the windshield is quite flat, could be fun ! We should try that 'new' feature
- 'blur wheels' to enhance realism
- 1 pilot once the steering wheel is more tessellated/smoothed out (I could help you out)
- the odometer in the HUD could be working too

Plus :

- cool physics
- cool materials & shader choice especially the tyres.
- nice behaviour
- cool HUD

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back