Tatra 603-2 B5 Marathon

Cars Tatra 603-2 B5 Marathon 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Physically one of the most special cars I've made. :roflmao:

Is the exterior sound apparent mis-balance perhaps intentional? Due to the big 'loudeners' on the back of the car? Because the interior seems very great with no issues.

Loud oponents is easy fix ... Just open audio app and lower it ... But I dont know what to do with that reverb effect when you drive under bridge or banner (tight spots) ... Maybe @ACFAN can write something about it ...

Hi Guys. Firstly - many thanks for all of the time, effort and love that went into this car. It's great. But...

Do you have any idea why it might always crash my game? I don't actually see anything - but if I look at event log after my session, whenever I quit from AC back to Content Manager, AC crashes silently in the background, with a message like this.

------------------------

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\acs.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: acs.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 5a55e7a8
Fault Module Name: StackHash_b7e1
Fault Module Version: 10.0.18362.778
Fault Module Timestamp: 0c1bb301
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: PCH_F1_FROM_ntdll+0x000000000009CBC4
OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: b7e1
Additional Information 2: b7e1450e5dde3e71ccb77dad83d0ba00
Additional Information 3: 192b
Additional Information 4: 192b657a4ee99c4a7da38268b7892f19

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 1a814f77e445a2b0dc6c76ecf11b189c (2048142690576177308)

------------------------

The only other car it's done this with is your equally wonderful Skoda 130 RS. It might seem to have no consequences - but the crash after silent crash that my set-up has with the Skoda led to the Fault Tolerant Heap being triggered for AC and my game running slow (see this thread.)

If you'd got any clues then I'd love to hear them! I'd love to enjoy these cars more.

I'm running CM + Sol 1.5.1 + Shader patch 0.1.52 - but it does the same with 0.1.46

Thanks!

Physically one of the most special cars I've made. :roflmao:

Is the exterior sound apparent mis-balance perhaps intentional? Due to the big 'loudeners' on the back of the car? Because the interior seems very great with no issues.

Is it expected to be so 'flat'?
Body movement are much more limited than what I was prepared to.

Is it expected to be so 'flat'?
Body movement are much more limited than what I was prepared to.
The springs are pretty stiff around 2hz like a sporty setup, there's a front bar and the roll centers on both axles are relatively high at stock height, and while the front goes quite low with the lowering to race height, the rear still remains very high due to the swing axle.

So why would it move around a lot? There's relatively a lot of roll stiffness and reasonable vertical stiffness.

More modern cars are softer in roll generally, due to the often lower roll centers and potentially sometimes more modest bar setups (Bar measured to 30mm outer diameter from schematics, and I'm pretty sure it's solid!), although in the 2000's onward the trend is to go for very over-stiffened cars in roll with massive front bars and whatnot.

pretty nice update,
visually, I would tweak at least 2 things

try to get rear lights be little less see through, our old cars never had proreply clear lights covers

and I would make the paint less reflective and bit more blurry, considering how our paintjobs looked like many years ago, although on some new photos ( you probably won't get too many period photos), it does look shiny

Last edited:
@DarthRAYzie

Yeah, the lock is 1800 according to manuals and video. I agree it's a little on the low side, commonly cars of the period would run a slower rack with a bit more lock for even less steering effort, perhaps something like 1960deg, but the Tatra has centerline steering and 0 caster, so they could probably afford to go a bit less. Sportscar.

pretty nice update,
visually, I would tweak at least 2 things

try to get rear lights be little less see through, our old cars never had proreply clear lights covers

and I would make the paint less reflective and bit more blurry, considering how our paintjobs looked like many years ago
those rear lights will look better when Ilja releases new CSP update. He prepared the config with some parts wich will work only with 1.53+ but he struggles a little with new CSP version stability... Maybe if you update CSP those lights will look better. They are definitely not this clear in vanilla version :)

Hi Guys. Firstly - many thanks for all of the time, effort and love that went into this car. It's great. But...

Do you have any idea why it might always crash my game? I don't actually see anything - but if I look at event log after my session, whenever I quit from AC back to Content Manager, AC crashes silently in the background, with a message like this.

------------------------

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\acs.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: acs.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 5a55e7a8
Fault Module Name: StackHash_b7e1
Fault Module Version: 10.0.18362.778
Fault Module Timestamp: 0c1bb301
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: PCH_F1_FROM_ntdll+0x000000000009CBC4
OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: b7e1
Additional Information 2: b7e1450e5dde3e71ccb77dad83d0ba00
Additional Information 3: 192b
Additional Information 4: 192b657a4ee99c4a7da38268b7892f19

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 1a814f77e445a2b0dc6c76ecf11b189c (2048142690576177308)

------------------------

The only other car it's done this with is your equally wonderful Skoda 130 RS. It might seem to have no consequences - but the crash after silent crash that my set-up has with the Skoda led to the Fault Tolerant Heap being triggered for AC and my game running slow (see this thread.)

If you'd got any clues then I'd love to hear them! I'd love to enjoy these cars more.

I'm running CM + Sol 1.5.1 + Shader patch 0.1.52 - but it does the same with 0.1.46

Thanks!

My friend I am very sorry but this issue is really hard to replicate and test what's causing this issue. Our mods are done according to available modding pipeline, they have all the nulls, objects, data which are necessary, we always check logs before every release to check for errors and issues with the car, so I would guess the CSP as a culprit of this issue. Or maybe some windows update, graphics drivers? Really hard to tell. What I can advise is to delete the CSP config, if it helps, put the config back and try to play with different CSP settings, probably one of those numerous entries in CSP needs to be turned on or off. I would exclude SOL and look in CSP configuration only. I know that some people have this issue, but they are only two or three together with you who reported this to us and as far as I know they have nothing in common what could lead to the issue. I am affraid CSP discord would be better place to look for answers. By the way, I had the same issue once even with Kunos content, but it wanished by itself after couple of days , I have no idea how or why :rolleyes: I wonder, do you have Win10 with all latest updates?

Last edited:
@DarthRAYzie

Yeah, the lock is 1800 according to manuals and video. I agree it's a little on the low side, commonly cars of the period would run a slower rack with a bit more lock for even less steering effort, perhaps something like 1960deg, but the Tatra has centerline steering and 0 caster, so they could probably afford to go a bit less. Sportscar.

Thanks for the response. I was actually asking as 1800 seemed high because most cars I drive in AC auto-match my G27's 900 degree lock. Is there some setting I can use to match the car's lock with my wheel's? My critique may have totally been due to my lack of knowledge. I also apologize for the 4 stars because of this.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the response. I was actually asking as 1800 seemed high because most cars I drive in AC auto-match my G27's 900 degree lock. Is there some setting I can use to match the car's lock with my wheel's? My critique may have totally been due to my lack of knowledge.

Thanks again.
In CM there's somewhere a "match steering lock to car" or something, which will scale it 1:1 up until 900 (Or really something like 870 - 880 in our G-wheels).

My suggestion is this:

Make a profile and set the lock to something high, I use 1440 degrees, then scale it down to something appropriate, I use 0.61. 1440 x 0.61 = 878.4

It means cars under 1440 deg are more or less 1:1, but cars over it get scaled a tiny bit faster, like this Tatra, so very old stuff is more drivable. You still lose out on some lock at the wheel but it's not so bad.

I keep a separate profile for 900 and 1.0 for drifting, to get full lock at the wheel but messed up rack ratio.

In CM there's somewhere a "match steering lock to car" or something, which will scale it 1:1 up until 900 (Or really something like 870 - 880 in our G-wheels).

My suggestion is this:

Make a profile and set the lock to something high, I use 1440 degrees, then scale it down to something appropriate, I use 0.61. 1440 x 0.61 = 878.4

It means cars under 1440 deg are more or less 1:1, but cars over it get scaled a tiny bit faster, like this Tatra, so very old stuff is more drivable. You still lose out on some lock at the wheel but it's not so bad.

I keep a separate profile for 900 and 1.0 for drifting, to get full lock at the wheel but messed up rack ratio.

Thanks a lot! This helps a ton.

My friend I am very sorry but this issue is really hard to replicate and test what's causing this issue. Our mods are done according to available modding pipeline, they have all the nulls, objects, data which are necessary, we always check logs before every release to check for errors and issues with the car, so I would guess the CSP as a culprit of this issue. Or maybe some windows update, graphics drivers? Really hard to tell. What I can advise is to delete the CSP config, if it helps, put the config back and try to play with different CSP settings, probably one of those numerous entries in CSP needs to be turned on or off. I would exclude SOL and look in CSP configuration only. I know that some people have this issue, but they are only two or three together with you who reported this to us and as far as I know they have nothing in common what could lead to the issue. I am affraid CSP discord would be better place to look for answers. By the way, I had the same issue once even with Kunos content, but it wanished by itself after couple of days , I have no idea how or why :rolleyes: I wonder, do you have Win10 with all latest updates?

Thanks. I suspected as much. I'm running on a fully-patched Win 10 1909 64-bit. If I get any joy with CSP settings |I'll report back. Thanks again for your work on bringing these cars to life.

Ian

Alright, I thought I had it fixed by updating CSP to 0.1.52 but I still get a crash when I try the car. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot (56).png
    Screenshot (56).png
    1 MB · Views: 83
Alright, I thought I had it fixed by updating CSP to 0.1.52 but I still get a crash when I try the car. Any ideas?
this is strange indeed, you have 1.1 version of Tatra? Did it work with previous versions for you or you weren't able to load it at all? Try to delete ext_config.ini from extensions directory of the mod and try it, this way we can leave out the possibility that there is something broken in car data. If you dont' mind please delete the whole mod. install it again, run it and if it crashes, go to Documents/Assetto Corsa/logs, pack the whole logs dir to some archive and send it to me via PM and I will look on it.

this is strange indeed, you have 1.1 version of Tatra? Did it work with previous versions for you or you weren't able to load it at all? Try to delete ext_config.ini from extensions directory of the mod and try it, this way we can leave out the possibility that there is something broken in car data. If you dont' mind please delete the whole mod. install it again, run it and if it crashes, go to Documents/Assetto Corsa/logs, pack the whole logs dir to some archive and send it to me via PM and I will look on it.

No, I never had the first version of this car. But I will try all that you recommend and if I still cannot get it to work, I'll send you those logs. Thanks for the help.

Loud oponents is easy fix ... Just open audio app and lower it ... But I dont know what to do with that reverb effect when you drive under bridge or banner (tight spots) ... Maybe @ACFAN can write something about it ...
I originally had the external sound a lot quieter. But increased the volume at the request of the modding team

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 237 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.3%