Tatra 603-2 B5 Marathon

Cars Tatra 603-2 B5 Marathon 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Notice:

Our modding team doesn't and never will guarantee the accuracy of the car physics or car handling to the real counterpart by any means. Our mods are available for free, are built in our free time with the best intentions to capture the "spirit" of the particular vehicle and with limited engineering knowledge available to us. If you don't mind this fact, feel free to try it, if you do, feel free to make your own version. If you feel somehow offended or misled by driving our innacurate mods, we are deeply sorry.
no worries, tatra 603 is gorgeous model.
I dont know if you have people who do tracks but if you could have Tatra Test Track that'd be befitting of this vehicle (or just grab some olden ads from mr. Egg for Most and use that track) for showcasing your car model.

mod-edit: there is absolutely no reason for this kind of harsh words. If you don't like a mod, don't use it and move along.

Last edited by a moderator:
mod-edit: there is absolutely no reason for this kind of harsh words. If you don't like a mod, don't use it and move along.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would just quote the exact posts I'm talking about, but I don't think anything can be done for you. You have a pretty big case of victim complex if you think these are insults and that I'm making everything up.

EDIT: Also the "I'm older than you" was pretty funny.

Cleaned up this thread. Not sure what is with the harsh words but if you don't appreciate a mod, don't install it and move on.
Obviously others do appreciate the effort and are fine with the result. No need to use such harsh words here.

Please respect our Terms of Service in the comment section. Thank you.

It's frustrating though, Kuubey tried to help since back when their Octavia cup had borked damper values, but they just ignored them. Sucks that they produce such great 3D but don't strive for better physics. A cooperation would yield great results for the whole community

It's frustrating though, Kuubey tried to help since back when their Octavia cup had borked damper values, but they just ignored them. Sucks that they produce such great 3D but don't strive for better physics. A cooperation would yield great results for the whole community
To this day the car still has broken dampers and they will likely never implement the packer properly to get the correct feel instead of using dampers. If no-one does it, it will stay incorrect forever, and I'd have liked to avoid that. :l

I tried it politely, I tried it with hard data, didn't work for years. Nothing will ever go through to these experts' heads.
We just won't guarantee it will be by the numbers, beause of our limited engineering knowledge, that's all.
You need to take a bit of a step back, Arch. The only person here who's claiming to be an expert is you. If they're content with releasing something that isn't up to your standards, that's your problem, not theirs. You can make a suggestion, but if they're not into it, you move on, not badger them "for years" over something that really doesn't matter at the end of the day. Do you really care that an obscure Czech car from the 1960s is inaccurate? Or that the mod of a Skoda race car used in a small regional championship has the wrong dampers? It's okay if some projects are just done for fun, @Stereo and I do OneWeek projects for precisely the reason of not having to make things perfect (or even particularly accurate) every time.

And don't forget that it wasn't particularly long ago when you had absolutely no idea what you were doing (and you still have plenty to learn); people have to start somewhere.

I don't disagree with anything you wrote above; however, it took quite a bit of prodding to make them go from essentially "Your perception is wrong and the car drives correctly" to "We just won't guarantee it will be by the numbers, beause of our limited engineering knowledge, that's all."

There's a difference IMO between releasing a mod with faulty physics due to lack of understanding; and that's fine especially if an attempt is made to better it when the possibility exists, and releasing a mod with faulty physics, then claiming everyone else is wrong and your own approach works.

I don't disagree with anything you wrote above; however, it took quite a bit of prodding to make them go from essentially "Your perception is wrong and the car drives correctly" to "We just won't guarantee it will be by the numbers, beause of our limited engineering knowledge, that's all."

There's a difference IMO between releasing a mod with faulty physics due to lack of understanding; and that's fine especially if an attempt is made to better it when the possibility exists, and releasing a mod with faulty physics, then claiming everyone else is wrong and your own approach works.

You have done the same in some cases.
Does this car drive (very) badly?
Yes, of course it does, and it's not even fun.

But if you care so much about it, release your fix as you did for Kunos cars and let other people judge the results. This would be the best lesson for the original authors, with benefits for the community.

At least in AC you can.
Just think about iRacing, Pcars, Dirt Rally2 or AMS2 that will stay broken like... forever.
And we even paid hundreds of dollars to learn from the developers that if we don't like them it's our problem...

You have done the same in some cases.
Does this car drive (very) badly?
Yes, of course it does, and it's not even fun.

But if you care so much about it, release your fix as you did for Kunos cars and let other people judge the results. This would be the best lesson for the original authors, with benefits for the community.

At least in AC you can.
Just think about iRacing, Pcars, Dirt Rally2 or AMS2 that will stay broken like... forever.
And we even paid hundreds of dollars to learn from the developers that if we don't like them it's our problem...
I think it's a bit impolite to release a modification to a mod when it's disapproved by the author.

I'm not trying to prove anything here; anybody who knows anything who looks at it can tell it's wrong, I really do just want to improve it, on the original source. The author told me he doesn't want me to, so I assume a separate release is also off the limits; and it's stupid anyway.

You need to take a bit of a step back, Arch. The only person here who's claiming to be an expert is you. If they're content with releasing something that isn't up to your standards, that's your problem, not theirs. You can make a suggestion, but if they're not into it, you move on, not badger them "for years" over something that really doesn't matter at the end of the day. Do you really care that an obscure Czech car from the 1960s is inaccurate? Or that the mod of a Skoda race car used in a small regional championship has the wrong dampers? It's okay if some projects are just done for fun, @Stereo and I do OneWeek projects for precisely the reason of not having to make things perfect (or even particularly accurate) every time.

And don't forget that it wasn't particularly long ago when you had absolutely no idea what you were doing (and you still have plenty to learn); people have to start somewhere.

Finally somebody told him, thank you.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back