Task Manager and msconfig Problem

Omer Said

Weresloth
Premium
Hello,

I think i have a serious problem in my PC. Just suddenly ( 2-3 days ago ) my Task manager started to not work. I press CRTL+ALT+DEL it comes and in less than a second it disappears. It's same with using > Run > "taskmgr" I tried many things ( Did Scans in Safe Mode with NOD 32 latest Signature, Super Antispyware and Spybot Search and Destroy ) Same with msconfig.

After some search on the internet i saw that it's caused by a virus or something like that. But none of my AVs are unable to find a thing :frown:. Also i did'nt download something harmful or surf at dangerous sites. Perhaps from an online game ???? What can i do ?

Sorry if it was asked before but could'nt see a similar thread here.

if sys restore went back to another time ok then it might not be a virus. i had a virus once and sys restore didnt work.

well good luck fixing it and if all else fails you`ll have to reistall i guess :(

For two days and more than 20 - 30 hours of Battle at last i won the WAR! Victory!!!!!!! lol

At first i had NOD32 at my system, Shame that it is uncapable of protecting me enough and let this virus enter. The viruses are cyswin, cysrun and cysubs. These vicious infesters was closing down my msconfig and task manager as soon as i open them. ( Perhaps they are causing more things that i did'nt realize ).

I used these softwares with latest signatures in Windows' Safe Mode: NOD 32, SuperAntiSpyware, SpyBot Search and Destroy, MalwareByte's Antimalware. None of them was able to find them.

Then i downloaded Security Task Manager free. It let me to see the processes on my Xp. Then i saw those three infesters and quarantined them. Bingo!!! :)

Now my problem is ( sorry for bothering ) is it safe to stay installed Malwarebyte's Malware, NOD 32, Super Antispyware and Spybot Search and Destroy at the same time on my pc ?

You can let some programms not run or starting up when you start up windows. Then you have to start them manually when you needed them. (also updates manually)

meself im using some programms from iobit, cccleaner for repairs and let the system been clean. Also use avast free edition.

All kind of free programms which i use together or how some programms should start up.

(but most of the time its recommended to use only one virus programm)

Thanks for the suggestion Freddie, i'm doing as you say, only NOD32 starts with Windows startup, I use Malwarebytes,Spybot and Super Anti. when i need them. For a week no problems occurred at my PC. :) Hope it will remain like that :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 211 14.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 214 14.4%